Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

LOL..that's not true.  If there's one, there's only one ;)fingerscrossed .  It does look like a bobbit.  Those guys are fast, I'm surprised it was out in the open.  I had to catch a ginormous one, once.  Freaky.  

I LOVE your shirts!!!! And the hat!!!!  I'll take a gray shirt when you get them in :D.

Probably a hat too :).

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, gena said:

LOL..that's not true.  If there's one, there's only one ;)fingerscrossed .  It does look like a bobbit.  Those guys are fast, I'm surprised it was out in the open.  I had to catch a ginormous one, once.  Freaky.  

I LOVE your shirts!!!! And the hat!!!!  I'll take a gray shirt when you get them in :D.

Probably a hat too :).

Leave it to Jack to scare the crap out of me! 

I will set aside a shirt for you!! Thanks Gena! I can't wait to see how they look when I get them in 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

And I swear to god this is a baby bobbit. Look at the head with the tentacles. I pulled it out. I sure hope it's not a bobbit as imma have to burn the tank of course 

It certainly is!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Leave it to Jack to scare the crap out of me! 

I will set aside a shirt for you!! Thanks Gena! I can't wait to see how they look when I get them in 

and a hat :).

• Like 1

There are polychaetes, like bristle worms, that have front antennae. They're not bobbits and they don't get very big, but they generally hunt down and ambush microfauna - or at least that's what I learned when I tried to figure out the species for a couple of worms I found in my filter floss :) 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, stellablue said:

I wouldn't say that!!!! Thank you though 

I caught bubba creeping this morning 

Watch this one until the end ?

I gutloaded the shrimp with some V2o pellets and flakes before putting them in the tank. You can see the food in their bellies 

That is way too cool!  Go Bubba!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

There are polychaetes, like bristle worms, that have front antennae. They're not bobbits and they don't get very big, but they generally hunt down and ambush microfauna - or at least that's what I learned when I tried to figure out the species for a couple of worms I found in my filter floss :) 

Oh I so hope that's what it is!!

StinkyBunny
On 6/15/2017 at 0:35 AM, spectra said:

I am not even sure if he has a fishing rod :o he is a dwarf angler so not sure.........all I ever see is him stuck in the rock.

All anglers have fishing rods, hence the name angler. Damn nice looking tank Stella!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Boggers said:

Do you have feeder shrimp in he tank? maybe it's the live food?

Yeah he has snacks...........there are even a couple small fish in there to.........

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

All anglers have fishing rods, hence the name angler. Damn nice looking tank Stella!

Thanks Stinky! 

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yeah he has snacks...........there are even a couple small fish in there to.........

Where Da f have you been?? You have to post your FTS!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

Thanks Stinky! 

Where Da f have you been?? You have to post your FTS!!!

Go look I did already a few hours ago :P 

Some of us are busy you know :lol: where da fuk have you been the lounge misses you...................

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I have been MIA a bit while I get ready for RAP! 

This is looking really great!!!!

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 6/16/2017 at 8:39 AM, stellablue said:

Watch this one until the end ?

I gutloaded the shrimp with some V2o pellets and flakes before putting them in the tank. You can see the food in their bellies 

This is incredible!!! omgomgomg

• Like 1

I had mentioned that I don't have any supplemental flow. I'm still running the IM stock pump and my tank has plenty of flow for what I've got in it. 

4 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

This is incredible!!! omgomgomg

I was so happy I caught it on video!!!

6 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

This is looking really great!!!!

Thanks Weet! :flower: 

• Like 5

Hi Rachel, after being a follower of your many tank adventures, it was very nice to finally meet you at RAP today.  If anyone is wondering, her artwork is stunning, with a fantastic trippy and psychedelic vibe showcasing the beauty of our tank inhabitants...  good stuff! :D

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Oooo RAP photos?!?!

What will you do with the glass drop off tank you're winning? :) 

:lol:

I suspect she will put corals in it.  Or macros.  And maybe fish.  Maybe even all three?

• Like 4
HarryPotter
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

:lol:

I suspect she will put corals in it.  Or macros.  And maybe fish.  Maybe even all three?

I was hoping that it would be her topoff water supply :( 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I was hoping that it would be her topoff water supply :( 

Well, she wouldn't need to refill it for like a month! :lol:

• Like 1
On 6/25/2017 at 7:22 PM, Water Dog said:

Hi Rachel, after being a follower of your many tank adventures, it was very nice to finally meet you at RAP today.  If anyone is wondering, her artwork is stunning, with a fantastic trippy and psychedelic vibe showcasing the beauty of our tank inhabitants...  good stuff! :D

It was so great to meet you as well! That was fun! And thank you for the kind words. Seriously! I have trouble getting photos that really depict what the art looks like in person 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank