ReefCleaners.org

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

Watching them is more what I was going for, since I'm more used to shrimp in freshwater - they're so cute. I had a killifish in that tank up until recently and it chased down every last red cherry shrimp, so now that his evil annual self has passed I can restock on pretty red little guys.

And considering Fanta the Neon Dottyback might devour any feeder shrimp... Going to need to put these in the contest tank! :P 

Ha!! They will be cool in there! And will clean your floating rock that the snails can't get to! 

8 hours ago, stellablue said:

Some caulerpa on a rock. I don't know what kind of caulerpa this is - does anyone know? I picked up this rock for $25 at the LFS just for the macro on it so I think it should count as livestock and not rock. 

That's a cool caulerpa, it reminds me of freshwater anacharis!

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, stellablue said:

This one is pretty easy. Today's where's Bubba post:

What are you feeding that little guy? 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

What are you feeding that little guy? 

Gut loaded ghost shrimp for now. He did take a piece of frozen krill the first night I had him. 

44 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Gut loaded ghost shrimp for now. He did take a piece of frozen krill the first night I had him. 

When you say gut-loaded, does that mean you're feeding them before you.... feed them?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, cnseekatz said:

When you say gut-loaded, does that mean you're feeding them before you.... feed them?

Ha yup! So I either feed frozen cyclops, NLS pellets or fish eggs. Just something to make them more nutrient rich for the angler 

7 hours ago, stellablue said:

This one is pretty easy. Today's where's Bubba post:

:blush: I actually had trouble with this one lol.  Then when I found it I was like DUH!

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

I'm getting better at finding Bubba, but yesterdays was still hard for me :wacko: He can blend in anywhere, even the sand bed!

The tank is looking great, I'm so glad you decided to focus on macros. Your screen cover is very innovative, the chip clip is the finishing touch :lol: 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'm getting better at finding Bubba, but yesterdays was still hard for me :wacko: He can blend in anywhere, even the sand bed!

The tank is looking great, I'm so glad you decided to focus on macros. Your screen cover is very innovative, the chip clip is the finishing touch :lol: 

I have trouble finding him daily!! He does blend in with everything. 

Thanks Chris! I love macros (obviously) and I thought hey, I can mix a couple of corals in there too. This contest is a lot of fun. 

Yeah I had to put the chip clip right in the center :lol: 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I did not realize how packed this tank is. Looks great.

Thanks! Yeah there's a ton of rock structure actually. The left back corner is filled with a planter of sorts - it's filled with Fiji mud and planted with mangroves. It comes out more than half way from front to pack and at least 1/3 or so of the back. Then with the branch rock and supports, I think I only filled 8 gallons of water max into the tank ? - but macros in general also add a lot of structure of sorts to the tank since they get bushy quickly 

1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

See your screen top makes me think of an old saying from the 70's. Recycle, reuse, make do or do with out. Now I guess it would have to include some about hack.  

Ha!! That's awesome. I am trying to figure out how to make a top to fit but have to leave the back corner open for the mangroves. I have the screen kit, just need to find the time. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

Image result for oh honey meme

:lol:

53 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

ugh... you're beating me...  At least I still have you beat in $$$ NOT spent. :P

Ha true! Bubba was more than everything else combined, including coral, macros, cuc & mangroves 

1 hour ago, gena said:

Looks fantastic!  I think your screen top looks artsy :D.

It's something :lol: 

1 hour ago, Nixperience said:

Did you get your screen top from the lingerie store?

Ha wat? I don't get it...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, stellablue said:

Here's another angle - my screen top is super stylin don't you think? :lol: 

IMG_3700.JPG

:lol: Looks like something I would rig up!

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank