Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

2 minutes ago, markalot said:

Freaky fish.  I started from the last post so I didn't know what he looked like.  Took a few minutes to find the beast. :D

Haha takes me at least a few minutes daily to find him and I know what he looks like!

• Like 3
MaineReefkeeper
18 minutes ago, stellablue said:

This one is tough I think. But he is pretty much in plain sight 

This is so awesome!!! Fun game....lol!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I think I'm looking at him, but then again it might just be a rock...

That's me every day ? I look for his tail and then his little red pointed dorsal spines 

Here's a hint ?

IMG_3513.PNG

• Like 5

I'm not using any additionalflow other than the stock pump in the tank. I seem to be getting great flow throughout the tank. Since I still have my stock pump in (replacement), figured I would post this. You can hear the pump started to grind. 

Oops hold please. I can't post the video 

41 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Haha even with the closeup it took me awhile! :wacko: Incredible camo!

I can't even tell you how many times I'm staring right at him and don't see him. It's so cool! I'm really enjoying this fish and contest tank! 

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Haha even with the closeup it took me awhile! :wacko: Incredible camo!

14 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I can't even tell you how many times I'm staring right at him and don't see him. It's so cool! I'm really enjoying this fish and contest tank! 

I like how all of his little dots look just like the pores in the rock....and his red matches your macro.....your tank and Bubba were made for each other.

Has he been fishing with his dingwobbler lately? 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I like how all of his little dots look just like the pores in the rock....and his red matches your macro.....your tank and Bubba were made for each other.

Has he been fishing with his dingwobbler lately? 

Last time I saw it was the day before yesterday I think. I love watching it. Dingwobbler :lol: 

he does match the rock and macro exactly. It's crazy 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Yup, you guessed it! It's time for "Where's Bubba"

I'm having fun getting my son to play "find the fish" with these pics. :lol:

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I'm having fun getting my son to play "find the fish" with these pics. :lol:

I love it!!!!

10 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I think I see him. But I would not actually bet money on it.

Hah! Here's the hint...

IMG_3530.PNG

• Like 1

Some caulerpa on a rock. I don't know what kind of caulerpa this is - does anyone know? I picked up this rock for $25 at the LFS just for the macro on it so I think it should count as livestock and not rock. 

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

So you DID buy 250!

I don't think my needs are quite that extreme, especially not for this tank :P 

Lmao!! I'll bring a few to RAP for you. How many are you looking for? Although I wonder how long they would last in a bag with water - I guess if I put enough water they should be ok 

Just now, stellablue said:

Lmao!! I'll bring a few to RAP for you. How many are you looking for? Although I wonder how long they would last in a bag with water - I guess if I put enough water they should be ok 

Wait, really?! :blush:

Nothing over 10, most likely! I just wanted the experience, so to speak, so I'm not sure you want to put the effort in :P 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Wait, really?! :blush:

Nothing over 10, most likely! I just wanted the experience, so to speak, so I'm not sure you want to put the effort in :P 

Oh it is no trouble! I'll bring some. You'll like them - they are fun to watch and are good cleaners. I feed them pellets sometimes and you can see the pellet go from their mouth to their stomach 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Oh it is no trouble! I'll bring some. You'll like them - they are fun to watch and are good cleaners. I feed them pellets sometimes and you can see the pellet go from their mouth to their stomach 

Watching them is more what I was going for, since I'm more used to shrimp in freshwater - they're so cute. I had a killifish in that tank up until recently and it chased down every last red cherry shrimp, so now that his evil annual self has passed I can restock on pretty red little guys.

And considering Fanta the Neon Dottyback might devour any feeder shrimp... Going to need to put these in the contest tank! :P 

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank