Pod Your Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

12 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

If you ever decide to cut frags let me know!

I’m not really into fragging unless it’s something easy.  The thought of cutting into a open brain coral or something fleshy like that freaks me out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I’m not really into fragging unless it’s something easy.  The thought of cutting into a open brain coral or something fleshy like that freaks me out. 

The thought of dragging ANYTHING at this point freaks me out. Thankfully it’s not a need so I don’t have to do it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I'm the same. I bring in med/lg Acan colonies and the fraggers chop them up into 2-3 polyp frags, I can't do it. Same with some of the leathers I have, the fraggers come in and lick their chops at my monster 12-18" toadstools, lol. GET YOUR DIRTY DICK BEATERS AWAY FROM MY BABIES!!! Y'all ain't chopping them up into specks of an animal. Once a leather gets to 10" they start dropping babies or they spawn which is a fukn mess.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Gorgeous Leather, is that a Christmas Wrasse?

Melanurus.

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Looks like melanarus  :]

OK, let's see if you're real smart. Where did it come from? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Nope, the ones from Fiji are generally more blue, the Filipino ones are more green and the yellow is more brilliant on the Fijian wrasses. If they open back up for coral exports I'll start buying from them again, but it's not worth it without corals. I really like their wrasses.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Poison Dart Frog said:

Amazing looking tank. My favorites are the flame angel and the Duncan.

Thank you. 😊

The Angel is a camera hog! 😄

• Like 3
On 11/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, StinkyBunny said:

3Chqdt5.jpg

There's what happens when they get big, the Fiji leathers drop one baby a month now, sometimes 2 if I stir up their run.

is it true you gotta run lots of carbon with leather tank?  or is it only when they mixed with other LPS/SPS?  Also, every time I tried Fiji leather, they turn ugly mustard brown vs bright yellow that they were at the LFS.  I gave up a while back....

• Like 2
5 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Melanurus.

OK, let's see if you're real smart. Where did it come from? 😄

Um the ocean......................duh......................:slap:

:tongueout:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • 2 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Got a new router yesterday and just realized I have to set up the reeflink again. 

4DA834F8-8F40-4648-8D43-839EB82B56AA.gif.2eceabef093c61bdd213b487080870ab.gif

Omg I got a new router like 2 months ago lol. It's still in the box cause I have to re set up lights and the aqumai pumps :lol:

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm supposed to do it this weekend.... will see if that actually happens. It was such a pain in the ass to set that shit up the first time, plus it's been like a year and I don't remember what the hell I'm supposed to do :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 hours ago, seabass said:

It might be easier to just setup the router the same as the old one (SSID and password).

Whoa..that's actually a thing you can do??? 😯 Definitely gonna have to look into trying that out.

• WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.