Cultivated Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Thats saying something though if they have survived all of that. 

Did that purple sponge survive?  

I moved it to the front bottom of the tank and it started extending it polyps again like nuts. I don’t know why it’s bottom underside is looking like that. But it still overall looks good 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Speaking of NPS.......I can only get pictures of this one at night:

Is it easy, in terms of care? I'm planning on getting a NPS in the future - toss up is between a gorg and this one. 🤔

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Is it easy, in terms of care? I'm planning on getting a NPS in the future - toss up is between a gorg and this one. 🤔

Pretty easy......It catches its own food so I don’t have to do much. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

Touch it; see if it retracts.

It does. It once had a tube and lived in the rocks. Then it was gone for months and popped up in the sand. I’d like to remove it but I don’t know how much tube is under there and don’t want to kill it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It does. It once had a tube and lived in the rocks. Then it was gone for months and popped up in the sand. I’d like to remove it but I don’t know how much tube is under there and don’t want to kill it. 

Maybe that’s what happened to mine? 😬🤞🏼 I hope it turns back up.

• Like 1
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Maybe that’s what happened to mine? 😬🤞🏼 I hope it turns back up.

The Star Lord didn’t like where I placed it...... but he’s fine with it in the sand. 

• Like 1

I would leave it be for awhile.  I actually like them in the sand (and apparently, they like it too).  After a few more months, if you still wish to move it, you can try to put it back on the rock.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, seabass said:

I would leave it be for awhile.  I actually like them in the sand (and apparently, they like it too).  After a few more months, if you still wish to move it, you can try to put it back on the rock.

When I bought it the tube was about four inches long. How much of that was worm do you think?

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

When I bought it the tube was about four inches long. How much of that was worm do you think?

it's most likely all worm. at least thats the case with feather dusters

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yep, there's a tube in there. The Sabellestarte worms form a soft tube, usually in the sand or mud.

1 hour ago, JBM said:

it's most likely all worm. at least thats the case with feather dusters

its a pain in the ass being down there. I need to stir up the sand and I don’t know which way its body goes. 🙁 oh well. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

its a pain in the ass being down there. I need to stir up the sand and I don’t know which way its body goes. 🙁 oh well. 

Just blow a couple puffs of turkey baster around it. That way you don’t damage anything. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Just blow a couple puffs of turkey baster around it. That way you don’t damage anything. 

were talking WV here.................:lol: she doesnt use the turkey baster to puff.................

• Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I still can’t see it. Looks like a unicorn horn in a bedroom.

are you having fantasies again..............:unsure: must have had to much cake................

• Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.