SaltCritters.com

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

11 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

lol that bivalve, I have never seen mine move to a new spot. 

I saw it scooting around that rock and am so glad I caught it with the time lapse. That thing circled that rock for about 20 minutes and then went back to almost the same spot. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I saw it scooting around that rock and am so glad I caught it with the time lapse. That thing circled that rock for about 20 minutes and then went back to almost the same spot. 😂

So cool though!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

So cool though!

I was moving things around and stirring up the tank pretty good.......I think that’s what made it take off in the first place. It’s also what got the starfish to start sperming up the water. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Current FTS 

4113E783-6C66-42CB-A09C-F4712FD60B81.thumb.jpeg.a443258aca03b68a819958b89a55beef.jpeg

I am still in the process of making a few changes to the scape.  I have unloaded some of the largest pieces locally to make room for the other corals that didn’t grow quite as quickly or were smaller frags to begin with.

I removed:

-the large green stylo that started from a frag in the 12 gallon and was about as large as my hand when I pulled it. 

-the large Rainbow Pectinia about 8” across

-the large chunk of hydnophora

I have a few more things to move around but I’m loving all the space in the sand again. 

also I think Lemon died. I’ve never gone this long without seeing her.....I’ve seen the pistol but not her. 🙁

• Sad 5
35 minutes ago, JBM said:

Open space is good space! Room for more frags!

Sorry to hear about Lemon 

Thank you...... I have no idea what could have happened to her under there.... Lemon and Star Lord were the OG’s in this tank. 

I like the scape much better already........The large frags made the rest look out of balance. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything looks pretty good after a week away except that my Duncan’s seem pissed for some reason.

It’s safe to say Lemon is dead since she still hasn’t been seen.......I’m not sure if I should bother getting Candy Cane a new goby or not. 

Full Tank Shot:

B352A476-D7EA-46E4-81F9-938E6C2DC151.thumb.jpeg.db115c6966e90df6cb5a6b9c8673662a.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Everything looks pretty good after a week away except that my Duncan’s seem pissed for some reason.

It’s safe to say Lemon is dead since she still hasn’t been seen.......I’m not sure if I should bother getting Candy Cane a new goby or not. 

Full Tank Shot:

B352A476-D7EA-46E4-81F9-938E6C2DC151.thumb.jpeg.db115c6966e90df6cb5a6b9c8673662a.jpeg

I wonder the same thing. I’m about to decide that my giant red pistol has paired with the anthias- the sleep in his cave at night. Strange, but that may be why he rejected the YWG

• Like 2
10 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Our YWG pair disappear for weeks at a time. Don't give up yet.

I’m pretty sure she’s gone. Even when I don’t see her you can see evidence of her in there....... it’s been closed up tight for quite some time now. 🙁

10 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I wonder the same thing. I’m about to decide that my giant red pistol has paired with the anthias- the sleep in his cave at night. Strange, but that may be why he rejected the YWG

I doubt I try it. I’ll just leave the pistol on her own. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Ah man, just noticed my orange plate had been bulldozed under the sand all week ☹️

.....hopefully some babies will grow back. 

Welcome home. 

I hate coming home to shit like that ..... seems like every time. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Welcome home. 

I hate coming home to shit like that ..... seems like every time. 

It’s one of those corals I never really think about and it took awhile to figure out what looked different or rather what was missing. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Ah man, just noticed my orange plate had been bulldozed under the sand all week ☹️

.....hopefully some babies will grow back. 

100% gone? My Wrasses do the same to mine. I move it and it just wonders back overnight 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

100% gone? My Wrasses do the same to mine. I move it and it just wonders back overnight 

It was completely buried in the sand for a week or so. No flesh left. 

• Sad 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.