Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

Particularly-spicy one from the look of things.

There is a really large one near her cave and I think she is taking it out one bite at a time. 😂

she’s so mean and so fast it’s hard to get a good pic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have one of those fancy jobs were I play with electricity, heavy machinery & caustic items of various nature's. 

15 years till retirement. Then the THC consumption will commence.

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, JBM said:

I have one of those fancy jobs were I play with electricity, heavy machinery & caustic items of various nature's. 

Yes!!

865980EC-E281-47B4-A542-D54213C8EF4A.gif.76be7be50967c204d787909844df88d9.gif

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, JBM said:

When that time comes take it slow the stuff they got now will make you think your walking on the moon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Soooo, the damn Cup Coral flew off the reef in the night and was partially covered in a sand dune. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hopefully it can recover. 

C13E24D8-72BC-4D4E-A771-596942E0FBE2.thumb.jpeg.a3069014534459247aa8ebf5e0dc58fe.jpeg

Chalice close up. 

93E6AAC7-0477-4FCD-B8B5-E734ACB9E975.thumb.jpeg.2750dc28bf452a799b0c23b2ed8aae22.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

It'll be fine, cement it to a bigger piece of rock so it can't tip over.

I hope so. If I went through all that trouble to move it and then it dies anyway I will be pissed. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I hope so. If I went through all that trouble to move it and then it dies anyway I will be pissed. 

Lemme see if I have a piece of Pukani slab in the shop tomorrow. I'll catch up with you on the IG about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I'm still sad that none of the ones I ordered from IPSF didn't make it. 

I think the tiny white ones are the most susceptible to becoming food. I see my six line munching them all the time. 

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I think the tiny white ones are the most susceptible to becoming food. I see my six line munching them all the time. 

I’m sure that’s what happened. But I’m afraid to buy an actual black brittle star- my LFS has had them but I’ve heard they can be predatory.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’m sure that’s what happened. But I’m afraid to buy an actual black brittle star- my LFS has had them but I’ve heard they can be predatory.

I’m wary of the large ones.

The ones in the pics were originally hitchhikers.....but every time I’ve tried to ship them they die. 🙁

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m wary of the large ones.

The ones in the pics were originally hitchhikers.....but every time I’ve tried to ship them they die. 🙁

They’re interesting but I’ve got enough critters to worry about. And how to sneak the new ones in Friday without getting busted in the act by Jeremy 😬😬

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You buy one of those and I will throw you to the wolves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

You buy one of those and I will throw you to the wolves. 

Nah I see them and figure that’s not the same thing as what @WV Reefer has. And like I said- bad reviews about killing and eating stuff. After that creeptastic serpent star episode I steer clear of those things. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

My lfs has cloves colored just like that. Do you find that they spread too fast like xenia? Or are they a slower growing morph for you?

These grow pretty quickly and on anything. In the pic you can see the mussels they have grown on and around. I have them on an island so they can’t reach the main reef. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

These grow pretty quickly and on anything. In the pic you can see the mussels they have grown on and around. I have them on an island so they can’t reach the main reef. 

Good to know thanks, they are so beautiful

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.