Innovative Marine Aquariums

Coral_chef 14gal IM (more new coral 12/3)

Coral_chef

Coral_chef

We got the tunze nano ATO all hooked up last night it fits perfectly in the 3rd chamber. Its definitely a feeling of relief to have it installed.

had to move the heater into the display, hate the look of it. Does anyone have a suggestion on a smaller heater that will fit in the 3rd chamber?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

We got the tunze nano ATO all hooked up last night it fits perfectly in the 3rd chamber. Its definitely a feeling of relief to have it installed.

had to move the heater into the display, hate the look of it. Does anyone have a suggestion on a smaller heater that will fit in the 3rd chamber?

What heater are you running?

I have mine in the second chamber and that's where I ran my neotherm in the 10 also. Return chamber should be the pump and ATO only. I am using a Ehiem on the 14 and it fits perfectly.

Coral_chef
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

What heater are you running?

I have mine in the second chamber and that's where I ran my neotherm in the 10 also. Return chamber should be the pump and ATO only. I am using a Ehiem on the 14 and it fits perfectly.

It's a marine land 100w 

i was going to covert chamber 2 into a refugium, so didn't really want the heater in there. Unless that would be ok?

Not sure why it wouldn't be. I have the heaters in my big tank in the fuge. Try it and see how it goes. What the worse thing you take it out ?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, spectra said:

Not sure why it wouldn't be. I have the heaters in my big tank in the fuge. Try it and see how it goes. What the worse thing you take it out ?

Agreed.

• Like 1

Aqueon 100 watt fits in the third chamber behind the return pump with no suction cups.  I dont know how mig your ato sensor is, but I will get you a pic of my third chamber when I get home so you can see.

• Like 1

I've never seen the chambers so I'm not sure if it would fit, but the Cobalt Neotherm is nice and slim (wide and quite flat) so might work for you?

• Like 1

Dang 100 watt heaters in these tanks......shoot mine is a 75 if that.

I was looking at the marineland 100 and I don't think it would fit in the second chamber......the neotherms are the way to go on these tanks but I went cheap and got the ehiem as it was only 24.00 from Marine Depot.

What ATO in the pic @lkoechle ?

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dang 100 watt heaters in these tanks......shoot mine is a 75 if that.

I was looking at the marineland 100 and I don't think it would fit in the second chamber......the neotherms are the way to go on these tanks but I went cheap and got the ehiem as it was only 24.00 from Marine Depot.

What ATO in the pic @lkoechle ?

IM Hydrofill Ti.  It goes off when both sensors are exposed and closes when both sensors contacts water via conductivity sensing. It stops immediatly when it hits the sensor.  My other ATO (hydor smartlevel) was far too delayed and would overfill (it used temperature to sense it).  I like the hydrofill a lot.  This is my second unit.  I have another one on the lagoon.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

IM Hydrofill Ti.  It goes off when both sensors are exposed and closes when both sensors contacts water via conductivity sensing. It stops immediatly when it hits the sensor.  My other ATO (hydor smartlevel) was far too delayed and would overfill (it used temperature to sense it).  I like the hydrofill a lot.  This is my second unit.  I have another one on the lagoon.

Does it come with a pump or is that a buy after thing?

I have the smart micro and love it on my 30 but the price is making me lean towards the Tunze nano......

• Like 2
Just now, spectra said:

Does it come with a pump or is that a buy after thing?

I have the smart micro and love it on my 30 but the price is making me lean towards the Tunze nano......

No unfortunately.  But you can use any pump you want.  I use the pump made for it because it has to pump so high.  But if a TOM can handle your height, you can use on of those or any other pump you want. 

Coral_chef

Received my chemi pure blue last night for chemical filtration. 

Also received the innovative marine diy screen top kit, didn't realize it didn't come with stands to hold it. Ugh. 

Also don't really like the mesh that came with the kit may have to order the brs mesh. 

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

Seems insulting, who would get the screen without the braces? To artificial lower the sticker price?

6 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Received my chemi pure blue last night for chemical filtration. 

Also received the innovative marine diy screen top kit, didn't realize it didn't come with stands to hold it. Ugh. 

Also don't really like the mesh that came with the kit may have to order the brs mesh. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Seems insulting, who would get the screen without the braces? To artificial lower the sticker price?

the braces are in different sizes to accommodate different glass thickness.  So, its not included because it doesn't make sense to.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

the braces are in different sizes to accommodate different glass thickness.  So, its not included because it doesn't make sense to.

Yes, but then they should make a bundle or some sort. Those damn clips are expensive! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Coral_chef said:

How thick is the glass, I'm at work but I want to order them today @lkoechle

I don't know, I don't have a screen kit for the 14.  It's on the specs page for the tank probably.  8mm is my guess.

1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

Yes, but then they should make a bundle or some sort. Those damn clips are expensive! 

They have like 4 sizes though.  and it'd probably be the same price anyways.  Bundling doesn't always equal discount.

• Like 1
On 4/26/2017 at 4:00 PM, Coral_chef said:

Yeah, am getting a little nervous about the madarin. I am kinda debating getting the tank established for the 100days. 

After that getting an hob refugium and a madarin. 

So now we are looking into sps. ?

Why not use kalk in the ato?

I'm late to the party. Biota captive breeds mandarins and they are trained to eat mysis. I have one in my macro tank and he actually eats pellets as well. That being said, they need to eat multiple times per day so I'm not sure how well they would do in a small tank as keeping nutrients down will be a problem. They really are not a good beginning fish in my opinion. 

• Like 2
Coral_chef
27 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Looks like @lkoechlecovered mandarins and you got clowns.... just ignore me, I'm slow :lol: 

Debating moving the clowns to my 29 when it's ready then getting a madarin. 

Which will give this tank more time to mature. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stellablue said:

Nice :) they aren't for the faint of heart, that's for sure. But they sure are cute.

Yeah don't get a mandarin Stells yelled at me :lol: what were you thinking.........well it looked cute at the store ;) but in the end my target mandarin eats frozen brine and is still kicking..........

Just do what you want Chef don't give in to the peer pressure :lol: and I saw another delivery and well its just chemipure.........and no pics even :P 

• Like 3