inTank Media Baskets

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

Myrtle Beach

Gosh Penny,

And these are... the "Days of our Lives"

<<----- looking at self in mirror -"I'm a strong reefer and I am a proud self reliant person"  ~sigh~ Stewart Smally

Penny, I got so much to learn, but I'm loving your journal and the journey. I'm grateful to Seabass, Stinky, Lulu and friends.

Anyone.... why would snails ( Athinia?) not do well, I set them on a rock, and they push their self's over? and

The War Goby, Turbo snail and hermits seem fine.

Michael in MB

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Myrtle Beach said:

Anyone.... why would snails ( Athinia?) not do well, I set them on a rock, and they push their self's over? and

I'm not sure.  I once had some trochus snails do that to me in a newer tank.  They all died.  However, the other types of snails were fine.  I figured it was a salinity issue, but never did figure it out for sure.  Several months later I purchased more trochus snails and they were fine.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Myrtle Beach said:

Gosh Penny,

And these are... the "Days of our Lives"

<<----- looking at self in mirror -"I'm a strong reefer and I am a proud self reliant person"  ~sigh~ Stewart Smally

Penny, I got so much to learn, but I'm loving your journal and the journey. I'm grateful to Seabass, Stinky, Lulu and friends.

Michael in MB

Reefing certainly can mimic drama TV!

Thanks for reading. Lots of helpful people here on nano-reef.

Not sure about your snails. They can be sensitive to to temperature and salinity. Some of them can be sensitive to alkalinity as well. Can you give us more information on your tank and water?

3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Your LFS should also NOT sell you something damaged! Man that REALLY pisses me off. I get RFAs by the box and I think I lost 1 out of 200 or so. Watch the way they remove anemones. You should use a credit card or something similar.  I won't send out anything that has just arrived, it stays here till it looks good or it ain't going anywhere.

Nah, if it's still turning it's working. :P

Testing? I taste the water and that's about it. ;)

You mean you don't sniff it? :unsure::lol:

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Myrtle Beach

Well, I appreciate the help. I dont want to take from your Winning Nano.

But the Snails, one is I think Dead, the hermit is at him. Dont know if I should take it out?

As for my water it as follow:  Saline .025, Ph 8.0-8.2, Amon. .25, Nitrite 0, nitrate 2.0

Temp says 78, The tank is a 29Bio, live rock and sand, 5th week

Thanks for the quick advise. I just happen to read Penny's journals and enjoy everyone here.

Michael in MB

• Like 1

Real quick, take out the dead snail.  Don't add livestock when you can detect any ammonia.  Maybe dose some Prime to detox.  If you ever need some help, feel free to tag me in a separate thread.

10 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Balmore huh? I grew up in Annapolis. Never go back

I hate this state with the power of almighty Thor!! In a very few years we're moving to North Carolina, Oriental, NC to be exact.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I hate this state with the power of almighty Thor!! In a very few years we're moving to North Carolina, Oriental, NC to be exact.

I'm not crazy about Florida either. But now with my grandson here I don't think I'll ever leave. Can't imagine going more than a week without seeing him.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

So how do I buy from you.

That was gonna be my question too!  @StinkyBunny

Let us know when you ever get set-up to do smaller orders.  I'd even drive to the airport now to pick up a shipment.

• Like 1

Hi there

Almost time for the contest end in FOUR DAYS!!

Please post some pictures and a final FTS whenever you get a chance along with your challenges and observations.

Any equipment feedback would be great too.

And a summary of livestock with prices

Thanks

• Like 2
7 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

As an NC native, I support this move. :lol:

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I am a NC native myself, been stuck up here with Dixie on my mind.

I spent six months in New England, I'm good for life! :lol:

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

This is as close to Yankee territory as I wanna get. I have to go to NYC every week though, it has its charms.

Never been to NYC, since driving through on the interstate doesn't count... :unsure:

Thunder Goose
6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

As an NC native, I support this move. :lol:

Not NC born but I lived there for over 25 years and I miss it!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Thunder Goose said:

Not NC born but I lived there for over 25 years and I miss it!

Hear that? It's the sound of NC calling you home! :lol:

• Like 2
Thunder Goose
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Hear that? It's the sound of NC calling you home! :lol:

Unfortunately The Husband is limited in whet he can work and he makes 2/3 of our income.   :huh:Counting down to retirement (probably 15 years from now).

1 minute ago, Thunder Goose said:

Unfortunately The Husband is limited in whet he can work and he makes 2/3 of our income.   :huh:Counting down to retirement (probably 15 years from now).

Well, shoot. Someday, hopefully!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Thunder Goose said:

2-3 here, can't wait to get back home.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

This is as close to Yankee territory as I wanna get. I have to go to NYC every week though, it has its charms.

Ahh. i do love NYC. My daughter lived there for a couple of years and I would go VISIT a few times a year. I especially love it in the fall, and at 

Christmas time. I miss that she is no longer there. Now I have to go aaaaaall the way to Australia to see her.

• Wow 2
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021