Top Shelf Aquatics

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

25 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

What!? How do you put atlas shrugged and animal farm into the same category?

are you the love child of rand Paul and Bernie sanders?

Edit: And I actually need good ideas. Books, really? WTF?

Books are an awesome idea, not sure what your problem is. Cheez. 

And when I asked for interests I meant what does he LIKE??

As in, does he look quirky mustards? China figurines? Leather? I dunno. 

I like books. :( Not the ones mentioned, but I am quite the bookworm!

What about a beer sampler?  Does he like beer?  Could have fun putting together a series of stuff from small breweries or something...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Books are an awesome idea, not sure what your problem is. Cheez. 

And when I asked for interests I meant what does he LIKE??

As in, does he look quirky mustards? China figurines? Leather? I dunno. 

Well, if he's into leather I'll have him create a thing here and pm you. ?

6 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I like books. :( Not the ones mentioned, but I am quite the bookworm!

What about a beer sampler?  Does he like beer?  Could have fun putting together a series of stuff from small breweries or something...

Yeah, we're a family of addicts and alcoholics. Basically, we tried it already. 

42 minutes ago, GregEmmitte said:

Apparently  you hate your brother.

Also, I didn't categorize anything. You did.

Hey, whatever. Atlas shrugged is the biggest load of garbage ever. Written by a woman who died leaching the govt teat. Whatever though. 

2 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

What!? How do you put atlas shrugged and animal farm into the same category?

are you the love child of rand Paul and Bernie sanders?

Edit: And I actually need good ideas. Books, really? WTF?

Hookers and blow?

• Like 1
On 6/22/2017 at 3:51 PM, 1891Bro said:

The "he's alive" crowd has it. Wouldn't believe it myself if I wasn't looking at it. Actually nothing looks all that bad, bit of algae on the glass and the ATO sucked down about 2.5 gallons in eight days. Had a fan pointing at it cause it was calling for a heat wave. Today is the worst of it. 99 inside, I don't know if the thermostat has three digits though so it may just be maxed. Good to be back, and good to know the current livestock is decently tough. 

Edit: like to add a thanks to @gena for the actual well wishes that got the good vibes rolling. Sorry to disappoint the rest of y'all. ;)

You're welcome and that's awesome :D.

• Like 2

Yup, the star polyps are pissed. Haven't been opening for a few days now. I know, at least since I've gotten home, it's not temp, salinity, or ammonia related. Only change made was adding cheato before I left. Oh well. The mat is still a nice purple color. Bummer though cause at first it was growing so fast like, multiple new polyps around all the edges everyday and I really want it to take over the rock it's on. It prolly has aids or something. Otherwise things are good. Everything staying super clean. Haven't cleaned the glass since Sunday and only a small spot of film on it. No nasties on sand or rock and the fish and favia are still kicking. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Yup, the star polyps are pissed. Haven't been opening for a few days now. I know, at least since I've gotten home, it's not temp, salinity, or ammonia related. Only change made was adding cheato before I left. Oh well. The mat is still a nice purple color. Bummer though cause at first it was growing so fast like, multiple new polyps around all the edges everyday and I really want it to take over the rock it's on. It prolly has aids or something. Otherwise things are good. Everything staying super clean. Haven't cleaned the glass since Sunday and only a small spot of film on it. No nasties on sand or rock and the fish and favia are still kicking. 

Nice better luck than I'm having. Corals are digging it but fish no sir. Gsp will recover its hardier and spreads fast than herpes. 

• Like 2

Gonna try something new. I'm skipping my WC this week. I've been doing 4 gal. a week (#### liters) and maybe things are just a bit too clean... Also, I forgot to pick up distilled on my way home from work and a dui ain't worth it. Hoping maybe a bit more "dirt" will perk up the gsp as well. 

Since the long trip went so well "? Right?" taking advantage of the long weekend, gonna go north with the fam to visit my brother. See the big trees, smoke the green trees, get drunk with the other fruit of my parents loins! Only two actual days without food... 

i was half way through this and I got distracted talking to some neighbors and watching tv. In fact, I totally forgot till I came out to smoke and unlocked my phone. If reading this gets more coal into my train of thought I'll add more. 

Happy Fourth ####ers!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Gonna try something new. I'm skipping my WC this week. I've been doing 4 gal. a week (#### liters) and maybe things are just a bit too clean... Also, I forgot to pick up distilled on my way home from work and a dui ain't worth it. Hoping maybe a bit more "dirt" will perk up the gsp as well. 

Since the long trip went so well "? Right?" taking advantage of the long weekend, gonna go north with the fam to visit my brother. See the big trees, smoke the green trees, get drunk with the other fruit of my parents loins! Only two actual days without food... 

i was half way through this and I got distracted talking to some neighbors and watching tv. In fact, I totally forgot till I came out to smoke and unlocked my phone. If reading this gets more coal into my train of thought I'll add more. 

Happy Fourth ####ers!

Lol tank should be fine with no water change this week, and the fish should be fine with only a couple days fasting.  Happy Fourth to you too!

• Like 1

I'll start with nothing is dead. Been getting pretty crazy hot inside lately though. I can keep things around 82 (that's Fahrenheit, yeah, go America) on my off days by depleting my ice collector, box, whatever the thing is called that catches the ice that gets made by the freezer. So there's that. Also, ####ing kid keeps saying he wants an anemone, LFS has a great nem only display, he thinks we need one. Thing'll die in five minutes with the temp swings I'm having. I'm just doing the best I can to not let shit die. Why me? When lord when? When's it gonna be my time!?

Also, I just found an old, flat, half full crowler (it's like a growler but in a can)  of %9.5 beer in the fridge. Things are looking up folks. 

gone_PHiSHin

flat, old, strong beer...delicious haha.  you should swing by here, the girlfriend just went to bed and i'm probably finishing whatever beer is left in the fridge.  i work at a brewery so that may be more than i need.

you're an interesting character 1891Bro, and i like it.

cheers

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

flat, old, strong beer...delicious haha.  you should swing by here, the girlfriend just went to bed and i'm probably finishing whatever beer is left in the fridge.  i work at a brewery so that may be more than i need.

you're an interesting character 1891Bro, and i like it.

cheers

Funny, I really liked it out of the tap, but It was kinda (####ing identical to) like teriyaki sauce just now. But it kicked up the drunk so all is forgiven. Nice invite. Send a cab. 

Edit: "Work" in a brewery? Lol. Good one. 

gone_PHiSHin

haha we actually work really hard, but we also play really hard too.  

lets put it this way though:  i've seen more beer go down the drain than you've ever drank, and i also have more free beer than one can possibly drink without becoming a casualty. i love giving it away.  who the hell doesn't like free beer??

• Like 3

I knew this thread was for me. Bad language, $%&^ talking about "what the kids want" and free beer give away..... When is the misfit Nano-Reef.com crowd get together? We need to plan it! Someone will definitely get arrested. Sorry if this is a trash post I'm 5 ipas deep at an airport on a Sunday....

• Like 5
1 minute ago, frahny said:

I knew this thread was for me. Bad language, $%&^ talking about "what the kids want" and free beer give away..... When is the misfit Nano-Reef.com crowd get together? We need to plan it! Someone will definitely get arrested. Sorry if this is a trash post I'm 5 ipas deep at an airport on a Sunday....

Yeah I'd get fully engorged thinking about free beer whilst paying airport prices. Travel tip: You can bring your own mini bottles in your carry on through security, you're not allowed to drink them in flight though, but both the airport and the plane have bathrooms. 

• Like 2
gone_PHiSHin

haha i would be down for a NR misfits meet up but it certainly wouldn't be at my place.  i can just picture one of you rowdy drunks knocking into my tank, spilling the contents on the floor, and the killing spree that would immediately follow!  :lol::lol:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, frahny said:

:lol:

On 7/9/2017 at 0:15 AM, 1891Bro said:

I'll start with nothing is dead. Been getting pretty crazy hot inside lately though. I can keep things around 82 (that's Fahrenheit, yeah, go America) on my off days by depleting my ice collector, box, whatever the thing is called that catches the ice that gets made by the freezer. So there's that. Also, ####ing kid keeps saying he wants an anemone, LFS has a great nem only display, he thinks we need one. Thing'll die in five minutes with the temp swings I'm having. I'm just doing the best I can to not let shit die. Why me? When lord when? When's it gonna be my time!?

Assume you're talking about Neptune's RBTA tank? They have some amazing display tanks

• Like 1
22 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

haha i would be down for a NR misfits meet up but it certainly wouldn't be at my place.  i can just picture one of you rowdy drunks knocking into my tank, spilling the contents on the floor, and the killing spree that would immediately follow!  :lol::lol:

Ill have to start a poll thread to figure out where everyone is located. I travel a metric $^%* ton so I can be anywhere really at anytime. 

22 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah I'd get fully engorged thinking about free beer whilst paying airport prices. Travel tip: You can bring your own mini bottles in your carry on through security, you're not allowed to drink them in flight though, but both the airport and the plane have bathrooms. 

Yea, perks of flying and working in airports, those prices get flipped to my job costs. Plus 9$ beers is cheaper and funner than those fish I just put on deathrow.

1 hour ago, brad908 said:

Assume you're talking about Neptune's RBTA tank? They have some amazing display tanks

That's the one. 

Well, I caved yesterday. Not on the nem though. The last few times I went to the LFS they had a super small green banded goby so I told the kid we could get a new fish instead. Lo and behold, #### heads had already sold it. Well, who here thinks the kid was gonna leave empty handed? Yeah, no one here is that dumb. So I let him get a neon goby. Little guy seems healthy, ate yesterday after being in for about two hours. I would've rather had the gbg, would the two get along? Also having not changed the water hoping to get a bit dirtier to cheer up the gsp means I've also neglected cleaning the glass and the hydroids have taken over. They won't last, never had them last before. Jus sayin. 

Ok then. Monday is over. Downhill from here folks. 

• Like 3

Oh, and anyone that's read enough knows the boy named the clown "Gupple", ####ing weird right? Well, the goby is Charles. What the #### is that? It's a god damn people name! So that's a thing now. 

• Like 1