Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

Honestly, I think it's a bad idea to try to get the fish to go that long without feeding. 

You don't have one person who can come by and feed it once or twice?

• Like 2
SemperReef
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Honestly, I think it's a bad idea to try to get the fish to go that long without feeding. 

Yeah I said they should survive.  Not necessarily a good idea?

• Like 1

Well, it's Friday! Time to get hammered and perform tank maintenance, so awesome bringing my two hobbies together. Brown crud not coming back on the rocks. Sand not as bad as a few days ago. Just gonna stick with 4gal WCs, and not change anything up. That's a bit more than a fifty percent change though, maybe once things get past new tankish I can scale it back some. Gonna take all my rocks out before siphoning. Last week after I siphoned I noticed some crud under the two rocks I took out to scrub so I wanna hit the sand real hard this time. 

On 6/7/2017 at 4:25 AM, Weetabix7 said:

On 6/7/2017 at 6:04 AM, debbeach13 said:

Auto feeder with pellets might work.

Never tried an auto feeder.

Where I live is a super diverse area, don't get me wrong, I think it's great. I do have some awesome neighbors too, hang out with them quite a bit but, kind of a language barrier there too, basic bullshitting is easy but leaving directions, I dunno. Only one neighbor I know would have no problem but I'm still new to the area and not totally comfortable just letting someone into my house. Only lived at this spot a few months. I'm kinda torn on it. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Well, it's Friday! Time to get hammered and perform tank maintenance, so awesome bringing my two hobbies together. Brown crud not coming back on the rocks. Sand not as bad as a few days ago. Just gonna stick with 4gal WCs, and not change anything up. That's a bit more than a fifty percent change though, maybe once things get past new tankish I can scale it back some. Gonna take all my rocks out before siphoning. Last week after I siphoned I noticed some crud under the two rocks I took out to scrub so I wanna hit the sand real hard this time. 

Never tried an auto feeder.

Where I live is a super diverse area, don't get me wrong, I think it's great. I do have some awesome neighbors too, hang out with them quite a bit but, kind of a language barrier there too, basic bullshitting is easy but leaving directions, I dunno. Only one neighbor I know would have no problem but I'm still new to the area and not totally comfortable just letting someone into my house. Only lived at this spot a few months. I'm kinda torn on it. 

I can understand that. 

Might be time to try an auto feeder. 

Also, what do you do again?

Whatever it is, do you just contract for short term work or something?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I can understand that. 

Might be time to try an auto feeder. 

Also, what do you do again?

Whatever it is, do you just contract for short term work or something?

Hard to really explain, I'm an IBEW Journeyman Wireman. To the layperson it'd just be electrician but, electricians come from the want ads and JWs come from the union hall. Yeah it's usually short term, I chase the big construction projects. Bay Area is basically a modern day gold rush for people like me, I was on that new Apple HQ, at one point there were 5k workers there, 1k being in my trade. Highest pay in the country for skilled tradesmen, especially union. I actually quit my job yesterday, at the new Stanford U hospital, so I can take a job back in GA so I can keep deducting my travel expenses. Can't stay put more than a year, but I'm only gonna work a few hours and quit, I just need the W2. Then it's  back here to get another call. I know it doesn't sound stable, but I've been here almost a year already( with only four employers!) and need to get that W2, this has been my most least traveled year yet, 2014 saw 14 W2s in 7 states. 

It might sound shady to normal, work the same place forever people but, I'm following the rules the IRS has in place. Loopholes aren't just for hedge fund managers. 

8 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Hard to really explain, I'm an IBEW Journeyman Wireman. To the layperson it'd just be electrician but, electricians come from the want ads and JWs come from the union hall. Yeah it's usually short term, I chase the big construction projects. Bay Area is basically a modern day gold rush for people like me, I was on that new Apple HQ, at one point there were 5k workers there, 1k being in my trade. Highest pay in the country for skilled tradesmen, especially union. I actually quit my job yesterday, at the new Stanford U hospital, so I can take a job back in GA so I can keep deducting my travel expenses. Can't stay put more than a year, but I'm only gonna work a few hours and quit, I just need the W2. Then it's  back here to get another call. I know it doesn't sound stable, but I've been here almost a year already( with only four employers!) and need to get that W2, this has been my most least traveled year yet, 2014 saw 14 W2s in 7 states. 

It might sound shady to normal, work the same place forever people but, I'm following the rules the IRS has in place. Loopholes aren't just for hedge fund managers. 

Sounds interesting. 

I've actually moved around more than most people, so my perspective on that is likely different. 

How does your family handle all the moves?

Gotta be honest, it amuses me a bit that you're going back to GA, that place that you complain about. :P

When will you be moving back there?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Sounds interesting. 

I've actually moved around more than most people, so my perspective on that is likely different. 

How does your family handle all the moves?

Gotta be honest, it amuses me a bit that you're going back to GA, that place that you complain about. :P

When will you be moving back there?

Only be gone 6 days. This is the first time my wife and kids have come with. Usually it's hotel/motel living. Purpose of the trip is really for wife and kids to visit our extended families. Like I said, im just gonna grab a call, work a few hours and quit, just need the W2. 

You know how normal people deduct the interest on their mortgage? That W2 lets me deduct my entire rent every year, normally it's just my hotel bill. Well it's more than that but you get the point. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Only be gone 6 days. This is the first time my wife and kids have come with. Usually it's hotel/motel living. Purpose of the trip is really for wife and kids to visit our extended families. Like I said, im just gonna grab a call, work a few hours and quit, just need the W2. 

You know how normal people deduct the interest on their mortgage? That W2 lets me deduct my entire rent every year, normally it's just my hotel bill. Well it's more than that but you get the point. 

Huh. 

That's kinda cool, actually. 

20 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

It's really an eight day trip but two are in transit. Fish will go six days w/o food. 

You're not attached to the fish, right?

Just now, Mkbarton said:

In 2012 I had 16 w2s from 7 states 

Good. Even better with a solid tax pro. Turbotax and hr block are for normies. 

2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Huh. 

That's kinda cool, actually. 

2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

You're not attached to the fish, right?

It's cool now, I have the opportunity to work in the same area of the country, without working out my brothers and not leave my family behind. 

Im pretty levelheaded about it, I didn't buy the fish just to let it die. I've had multiple tanks and I really don't want anything to die, it does happen though. My biggest fear is the boy's reaction. The kid picked out and named it, I've never named fish, never seen the point. I think I've just gotta hope for the best, I told you the neighbor situation, what really can I do? Can auto feeders just put in a few teeny tiny pellets?

1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

Good. Even better with a solid tax pro. Turbotax and hr block are for normies. 

It's cool now, I have the opportunity to work in the same area of the country, without working out my brothers and not leave my family behind. 

Im pretty levelheaded about it, I didn't buy the fish just to let it die. I've had multiple tanks and I really don't want anything to die, it does happen though. My biggest fear is the boy's reaction. The kid picked out and named it, I've never named fish, never seen the point. I think I've just gotta hope for the best, I told you the neighbor situation, what really can I do? Can auto feeders just put in a few teeny tiny pellets?

I've never used an auto feeder either, but if you discover that they can put in just a few pellets, I think it'd be a wise investment. 

11 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I've never used an auto feeder either, but if you discover that they can put in just a few pellets, I think it'd be a wise investment. 

Yeah but I soak em first and give everything 10 minutes with the pump off to eat. I guess it's better than nothing though. I dunno. 

32 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah but I soak em first and give everything 10 minutes with the pump off to eat. I guess it's better than nothing though. I dunno. 

Gupple gonna diiiieeeeee....... 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Optimism? 

I don't remember you volunteering. ####er. 

Lol. 

Hey, I just had an idea. 

I wonder if it would work to go get a bottle of those live pods and put 'em in there, like Tisbe pods or whatever. 

You got access to that?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Lol. 

Hey, I just had an idea. 

I wonder if it would work to go get a bottle of those live pods and put 'em in there, like Tisbe pods or whatever. 

You got access to that?

Yeah I actually do. That's a good idea. Thanks. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah I actually do. That's a good idea. Thanks. 

See, I can be helpful!!!

Hope it works and Gupple moves forward in life.... on THIS plane of existence!! :)

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

See, I can be helpful!!!

Hope it works and Gupple moves forward in life.... on THIS plane of existence!! :)

"This plane"?

Open your mind bro. 

IMG_1736.GIF