ReefCleaners.org

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

2 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

IMG_1735.GIF

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

:huh:

He didn't actually shit his pants.  He looked like that on purpose.  His name is Mc Hammer.....i think he died though.

• Like 4
On 6/10/2017 at 0:29 AM, jack1978 said:

He didn't actually shit his pants.  He looked like that on purpose.  His name is Mc Hammer.....i think he died though.

:lol:

• Like 2
On 6/10/2017 at 0:29 AM, jack1978 said:

He didn't actually shit his pants.  

That sentence makes me lol every time I read it. :D

• Like 2
On 6/9/2017 at 6:40 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Lol. 

Hey, I just had an idea. 

I wonder if it would work to go get a bottle of those live pods and put 'em in there, like Tisbe pods or whatever. 

You got access to that?

Well, was gonna try this idea. Went to the LFS, the $30 bottles o' pods were nothing but deadness. Te guy and I looked at every bottle, holding them up to the light and really looking, nothing. Dude took all of em and trashed them in front of me. I did grab some cheato to finally utilize the inTank fuge basket. 

Well, flight leaves Thursday at lunchtime so three more days to try to stuff this fish. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Well, was gonna try this idea. Went to the LFS, the $30 bottles o' pods were nothing but deadness. Te guy and I looked at every bottle, holding them up to the light and really looking, nothing. Dude took all of em and trashed them in front of me. I did grab some cheato to finally utilize the inTank fuge basket. 

Well, flight leaves Thursday at lunchtime so three more days to try to stuff this fish. Fingers crossed. 

Order pods overnight from a reputable source?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Order pods overnight from a reputable source?

What, I gotta google it myself? You ever ordered any? Where's you get them from?

Also, it's almost 5 pm here pacific time. So basically unless I order overnight from HI anything I get will be shipped out tomorrow and delivered Thursday. Unless it comes before 10 am Thursday I'm sol anyway and they'll just sit on my doorstep and die while I'm gone. I'm pretty late on the delivery routes here too. USPS and ups are mid afternoon, fedex is wierd, never at the same time. 

You think the delivery guy will just dump them in the tank for me?

• Like 1

I have never ordered any and yes, you're a big boy and can do your own research. ;)

I have heard of being able to hold packages for pickup at the FedEx/UPS hub but that could be a massive pain in the butt.  Got any other local LFS that offer live anything?  I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas for ya.

And I'm rural, so I hear ya on being late on the delivery routes.  My overnighted packages always get here late afternoon, and that's priority overnight which would be mid-morning anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I have never ordered any and yes, you're a big boy and can do your own research. ;)

I have heard of being able to hold packages for pickup at the FedEx/UPS hub but that could be a massive pain in the butt.  Got any other local LFS that offer live anything?  I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas for ya.

And I'm rural, so I hear ya on being late on the delivery routes.  My overnighted packages always get here late afternoon, and that's priority overnight which would be mid-morning anywhere else.

The few places I've looked so far, product plus shipping is more than the fish. Call me cold blooded and heartless but, I just can't justify it. 

Do any of the big box stores carry these? Anyone know?

Just now, 1891Bro said:

The few places I've looked so far, product plus shipping is more than the fish. Call me cold blooded and heartless but, I just can't justify it. 

Do any of the big box stores carry these? Anyone know?

Don't know about live.  I know they usually carry some frozen, and Petco might have better selection.

1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Don't know about live.  I know they usually carry some frozen, and Petco might have better selection.

Yeah, cross some fingers for me ok?

38 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah, cross some fingers for me ok?

Will do, and hopefully the fish will make it through.  Maybe load him up the next couple days and feed before you leave.

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Will do, and hopefully the fish will make it through.  Maybe load him up the next couple days and feed before you leave.

Thanks. Yup. The gut loading has already begun. I hope to have him looking like a water balloon before I leave. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Thanks. Yup. The gut loading has already begun. I hope to have him looking like a water balloon before I leave. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, we can laugh about it. You can pm me a number so you can explain it to a six year old.  

God damn fish better make it.  

• Like 3
15 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah, we can laugh about it. You can pm me a number so you can explain it to a six year old.  

God damn fish better make it.  

?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

You can pm me a number so you can explain it to a six year old.

The dark lord had better purposes for your fish jr., suck it up sport.  

You're welcome.  

• Like 1

Is the fish in question the good looking spotted clownfish?  I hope you don't lose him ;).  I honestly think he'd be totally fine without someone feeding.  I've read on more than one occasion where someone ignores the tank for a year, no feedings, and the fish are still healthy.  Maybe they are very established tanks, but I'm sure you have pods in your tank, even if you don't see them.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, gena said:

Is the fish in question the good looking spotted clownfish?  I hope you don't lose him ;).  I honestly think he'd be totally fine without someone feeding.  I've read on more than one occasion where someone ignores the tank for a year, no feedings, and the fish are still healthy.  Maybe they are very established tanks, but I'm sure you have pods in your tank, even if you don't see them.

Thanks, finally some well wishes, the rest of you dicks could learn a thing or two here ;)

IF (big if, get it?) there are any pods they came in on the fish or two frags. Everything was dry when started. There were a few in the cheato I added yesterday and a few left in the bag that I got out and put in the tank. 

I hope you're right and he does make it though. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Thanks, finally some well wishes, the rest of you dicks could learn a thing or two here ;)

IF (big if, get it?) there are any pods they came in on the fish or two frags. Everything was dry when started. There were a few in the cheato I added yesterday and a few left in the bag that I got out and put in the tank. 

You definitely have pods in your tank.  Not a colony or community or whatever you call a large population of pods LOL.  But you do have something.  Sending good thoughts your way for the fishy.  I'd hate for you to lose him.  One of the best looking clowns I've seen!

2 minutes ago, gena said:

You definitely have pods in your tank.  Not a colony or community or whatever you call a large population of pods LOL.  But you do have something.  Sending good thoughts your way for the fishy.  I'd hate for you to lose him.  One of the best looking clowns I've seen!

Lol. Thanks again. You're right, there are definitely at least the five or so from yesterday. I hope he makes it too hence, fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Hey now, I was the one who told you I'd done that to my bettas and whatnot! :P

1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

June 15 2017

IMG_1744_zpst6mzozqd.jpg

before everything dies. 

Such a pessimist :lol:.  Think positively ;).

And gosh that's a good looking clownfish!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gena said:

Such a pessimist :lol:.  Think positively ;).

And gosh that's a good looking clownfish!

Ha. Yeah thanks. He is pretty sharp. I can't take credit, a six year old picked him out. That badass stink eye black mark he's got is sweet. Air travel with two kids was rough, the 16ish month old was a nightmare. We were "those parents" on the plane. Coming back to Trump country makes it that much worse. God I hate the southeast. It's not even hot but it's all sticky and gross and it's 1230am. What a dump. Thank god I landed before the Bible bangers cut the beer off. Not gonna have any updates here till next week. Just keep them fingers crossed ####ers!

• Like 3