Pod Your Reef

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s going.  😀

Weather is shit.  

yeah it is. I actually got to do my leaves finally the other day so i'm happy. I love blowing leaves lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

yeah it is. I actually got to do my leaves finally the other day so i'm happy. I love blowing leaves lol

One time when I was little I jumped in a pile of leaves and a bee stung me on the butt cheek. 😕 now I no like leaves. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

One time when I was little I jumped in a pile of leaves and a bee stung me on the butt cheek. 😕 now I no like leaves. 😂

A few years ago I was mowing the lawn and a bee flew up my shorts and stung my butt crack ..... that was no beuno, I mowed the lawn for the rest of the summer in pants and a leather jacket

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My second Monday sort of sucked. 

Had a super easy day laid out in front of me.  Had a coworker, brand new units so very little problems to find doing maintenance, and not a heavy work load. We were taking it easy and just shooting the breeze.

Then I get a call saying I need to go to an emergency no-heat call.  I drive 45 minutes away to this call and it is an easy fix, but I dont have the part.  After some back and forth, the office tells me to go up and order a part that has a much higher threshold to avtivate (I already questioned how in the world it would work...but)

Sure enough, I wasted an hour picking it up, installing it, then un installing it because it wouldnt turn on.  Kicker is, that there was plenty of time to have the driver bring it out to me, but since they tried the wrong part first I was now out of time.  They wanted me to drive an hour away, an hour back, and another half hour to set back up and re install it.  Followed by my 45 minute drive home.  No thank you.

Now I need to go back in the morning. I'm fine with that.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
15 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s going.  😀

Weather is shit.  

When are you going to be permanently in the A̵r̵m̵p̵i̵t̵ sunshine state of america?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

A few years ago I was mowing the lawn and a bee flew up my shorts and stung my butt crack ..... that was no beuno, I mowed the lawn for the rest of the summer in pants and a leather jacket

My whole life I was told that I was allergic to bees. Spoiler: I'm not

when I was 11 or 12, I was fishing and had a yellow jacket fly up my shorts.  I found out I wasnt allergic while I was crying on the porch of the closest house asking them to call my parents because I thought I was going to die.  Turns out they just wanted me to stay away from them because my grandfather was deathly allergic and you know....its not like there are tests for that sort of thing or anything....

As an added bonus, that closest house ended up being one of my teachers homes with a really cute daughter. Yeah, that was embarrassing.  

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, patback said:

When are you going to be permanently in the A̵r̵m̵p̵i̵t̵ sunshine state of america?

Possibly summer. Maybe the next summer at the latest..... hopefully. It depends on work really...... we are selling off parts of our oil and gas business. 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
6 minutes ago, patback said:

My whole life I was told that I was allergic to bees. Spoiler: I'm not

when I was 11 or 12, I was fishing and had a yellow jacket fly up my shorts.  I found out I wasnt allergic while I was crying on the porch of the closest house asking them to call my parents because I thought I was going to die.  Turns out they just wanted me to stay away from them because my grandfather was deathly allergic and you know....its not like there are tests for that sort of thing or anything....

As an added bonus, that closest house ended up being one of my teachers homes with a really cute daughter. Yeah, that was embarrassing.  

Getting stug sucks. This is why I called an exterminator to rid me of the bald faced hornets a few months back..

When I came through the door to my house screaming my wife thought it was the funniest thing and couldn't stop laughing as I was trying to see if the bee was still in my underwear...spoiler it was then it tried to attack again and well I killed it

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, today sucked a big one. Trying to deal with legal shit and 2 broken machines was a hell of a lotta fun, NOT!!!!:rant:

I think I'd rather take the broken machines over the moronic people....these people around here are stuuupid

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Possibly summer. Maybe the next summer at the latest..... hopefully. It depends on work really...... we are selling off parts of our oil and gas business. 

Same here. I already warned customers that I would be unavailable for large chunks of time next year due to traveling and moving, oh yea, LOTS of fishing.

• Like 2
Just now, StinkyBunny said:

Same here. I already warned customers that I would be unavailable for large chunks of time next year due to traveling and moving, oh yea, LOTS of fishing.

I can’t wait to get the hell out of here.  Buying the house down there first may have been a mistake. 😄 

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I think I'd rather take the broken machines over the moronic people....these people around here are stuuupid

It's the same all the way from Ct down to NOVA, people are assholes. I hate this area, luckily I have a place to get away from them now. My folks are pissed that we're moving, but i can't do this shit anymore.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I can’t wait to get the hell out of here.  Buying the house down there first may have been a mistake. 😄 

Nope, buy it first, then you can move at your leisure. That's why I did it that way too. Now we're in the hunt for a boat. Can't live on the water without a boat. I have a guy in Germany hunting me down 2 outboard VW marine TDi motors.

• Like 2

I got stung by a hornet a few years ago and my hand swelled up like crazy.  I do my best to stay away from them.  When I was a little kid, I was stung by a yellow jacket under my shirt.  No love of bees here!

I'm just happy that I haven't had any allergic reactions while reefing.

• Like 3
Just now, patback said:

@WV Reefer and just like that, the lawn lounge is low on the front page, and yours has the "hot" tag attached to it  

Woo! Hoo! 😂

1 minute ago, seabass said:

I got stung by a hornet a few years ago and my hand swelled up like crazy.  I do my best to stay away from them.  When I was a little kid, I was stung by a yellow jacket under my shirt.  No love of bees here!

Hornets are the worst. 😕

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

I got stung by a bald faced hornet playing disc golf, it felt like someone drove a finishing nail into my skull. I instantly felt like I was gonna puke, had an instant migraine and came down with a mild fever. Bees are no joke....

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
32 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Nope, buy it first, then you can move at your leisure. That's why I did it that way too. Now we're in the hunt for a boat. Can't live on the water without a boat. I have a guy in Germany hunting me down 2 outboard VW marine TDi motors.

Sucks I used to like people when I was younger and now that I'm older I'm realizing why my grandparents hated people. They suck and it's nice to find a group of people that aren't shit heads

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
Just now, Sancho said:

What’s going on in here? 

Just a group of like-minded, friendly and accepting people enjoying one anothers virtual company.  What's going on with you, friend?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Bees are no joke....

When I read that stings by fish with venomous dorsal spines and urchin spines are compared to bee stings, I'm usually like "but they typically aren't out to sting you."

• Like 2
1 minute ago, seabass said:

When I read that stings by fish with venomous dorsal spines and urchin spines are compared to bee stings, I'm usually like "but they typically aren't out to sting you."

Stone fish are.  Nothing that well camouflaged should also be venomous.  They were designed to be jerks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm