pokerdobe

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Blues, whites, and orange filters, oh my!

pokerdobe
42 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

If you're interested I have a link laying around for like 12 gel filters you can place over your lense. (Something stupid cheap like $5, don't recall)

Using them you can actually *just* filter out blues and get things to look fairly true-to-life.

Honestly if the plate/plug isn't white, or the sand is blue, I ask for a different picture before buying XD

Would be kind of fun to compare "honest" gel filters, to whites, to blues, to crazy rave stick filters.

Unfortunately the pressure on prefab lense mnftr isn't to be accurate, but to "stand out".

Thanks - I actually have a couple dozen gel filters around the house 😄. It's just a matter of experimenting with all of them. 

The most true to color method I've found so far is to just have the right light spectrum to begin with - I my T5s are pretty white overall, with 2 Blue+, 1 Gies Purple, 1 Coral+. Once I adjust my radions to my "photo" setting, I usually find that I a lot less in terms of editing. 

But I'm just a noob, so take it for what it's worth. I'll have to see how the same corals look under all my filters one day though... there's a post idea right there. 

• Like 1

pokerdobe

Acrolandia shenanigans. 

Acrolandia.thumb.jpg.99c206796776b7e0cb62614b77491894.jpg

• Like 4

pokerdobe

It's a picture of a coral. 

SSC-Reduced.thumb.jpg.1a0cc0f3565c2301be91ea605aa60e22.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Cannedfish