Cultivated Reef

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

42 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

If you're interested I have a link laying around for like 12 gel filters you can place over your lense. (Something stupid cheap like $5, don't recall)

Using them you can actually *just* filter out blues and get things to look fairly true-to-life.

Honestly if the plate/plug isn't white, or the sand is blue, I ask for a different picture before buying XD

Would be kind of fun to compare "honest" gel filters, to whites, to blues, to crazy rave stick filters.

Unfortunately the pressure on prefab lense mnftr isn't to be accurate, but to "stand out".

Thanks - I actually have a couple dozen gel filters around the house 😄. It's just a matter of experimenting with all of them. 

The most true to color method I've found so far is to just have the right light spectrum to begin with - I my T5s are pretty white overall, with 2 Blue+, 1 Gies Purple, 1 Coral+. Once I adjust my radions to my "photo" setting, I usually find that I a lot less in terms of editing. 

But I'm just a noob, so take it for what it's worth. I'll have to see how the same corals look under all my filters one day though... there's a post idea right there. 

• Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 11:12 AM, pokerdobe said:

I mean, I guess it's kind of a frag. 

Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.d6f9506b82f271229a7a4d76937158ce.jpg

Oh shoot. I missed this.. super exciting  buddy.  Congrats!!!!  I'm guessing from the dog only in the picture this is number 1?????😁

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Oh shoot. I missed this.. super exciting  buddy.  Congrats!!!!  I'm guessing from the dog only in the picture this is number 1?????😁

Hahah thanks! And yeah, number 1. Hopefully the kid likes fish tanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

-Edit- Replaced with a photo that I lightened up a little more - felt like the first one was dark?

It's been a while since I've done one of these... A lot of work to be done for recovery, but it's not completely dead yet. 

FTS.thumb.jpg.2853c16c5518bb84cfde171f9cfe3e01.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 3
15 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Your version of "not completely dead" is better than 95% of people entering this hobby will ever see in their own systems...

Haha, I feel flattered. 

It definitely felt like everything was dying at its worst though - all those new little frags you can see in the close up are all replacements to the colonies that died.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

If I keep trying, I'll get it right someday. 

537678085_DSC_13291.thumb.jpg.5e9a25ec0eb3f1a7e7ba7d6db28b6a77.jpg

😭 I just want to have a tang 😭 any tang....they're so cool looking.  one day, one day.  for now, I'll just look at your tangs.... 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

😭 I just want to have a tang 😭 any tang....they're so cool looking.  one day, one day.  for now, I'll just look at your tangs.... 

That's what I thought at first. 

Then I realized how much of an asshole they are... The achilles absolutely hates any new additions. I tried adding in a powder blue hybrid (Admittedly a risky move) and I had to return it because it flat out hated it. 

I figured that was normal. Then I added a lineatus wrasse and he hated that thing too... And he gets into fights with my wife. 

• Haha 5
27 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

I figured that was normal. Then I added a lineatus wrasse and he hated that thing too... And he gets into fights with my wife. 

Time to start online dating again....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS