ReefCleaners.org

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

36 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

@mitten_reef likes these things. I'm still unsure about them. Ignore my green cyano infestation. 

504614192_ChaliceReduced-10_23_2020.thumb.jpg.cb3b88f80de2c4b8f490259976036d76.jpg

Whut?  I mean I like them lots, but probably not something I get out of my way to buy one.

I was excited about them cuz u got them for free!  They’re pretty darn colorful variants to boot!  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Whut?  I mean I like them lots, but probably not something I get out of my way to buy one.

I was excited about them cuz u got them for free!  They’re pretty darn colorful variants to boot!  

I mean I was going to cut one of these for you, but if that's how you feel about it...

😉 

• Haha 4

It's been a moment. A few notes:

• Since post crash, Alk consumption has gone up to 106ml per day. Not bad. Almost back to where I need to be. 
  • I'm suffering from a slight dino outbreak. I'm not sure why as my nutrients are pretty detectable.
  • Still deeply dissatisfied with my rockwork
  • Sandbed is getting cluttered again - need to clean it up
  • I'm super clumsy as I've cut my hand 3 times this week on tank related maintenance
  • Recovery on some rescued acros is taking longer than expected

703134517_FTSReduced-10_28_2020.thumb.jpg.cd3812f0c7de9811874803fa163d49f2.jpg

Edited by pokerdobe
  • Like 4
  • Wow 3
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

my pc rainbow is catching up with your pc rainbow...that's the bottom center-left of the last pic, correct?

Nice - time to take it to the choppers? And yes - PC rainbow is the reddish blob on the center left. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

You forgot to give us the time frame on these. 
crazy growth btw. 

Lol I got mad at the posting limitations and forgot. I had a whole write up of things I've learned. 

Also according to my records, the first pic is 10/2018. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2

Your colonies are just amazing. I need to work on my colors. Figure out what they want. I just started increasing my lighting.  My little orange passion frag is still green with blue tips, but it is just starting to branch out finally. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Zuma said:

super nice, thanks for posting the vid.

Thanks for watching!

10 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Your colonies are just amazing. I need to work on my colors. Figure out what they want. I just started increasing my lighting.  My little orange passion frag is still green with blue tips, but it is just starting to branch out finally. 

Awesome to hear that the OP is branching! My OP wasn't super colorful until much later down the road - as the small frag, it looked like any blueish greenish tenuis. 

I'm not sure how much validity my theory of "moar lightz" holds - but let me know how they react. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say congrats on tank of the month! Its absolutely phenomenal. A dream to me! I drool over your colonies and photos. Im not sure I would get anything done in life with that in my house, I would pull up a chair and sit there all day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Just wanted to say congrats on tank of the month! Its absolutely phenomenal. A dream to me! I drool over your colonies and photos. Im not sure I would get anything done in life with that in my house, I would pull up a chair and sit there all day. 

Thank you for the compliments! I do tend to spend quite a bit of time when the flow is off looking over the tank. Something I'm sure the wife doesn't necessarily appreciate lol. 

• Like 2
  • pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS