Pod Your Reef

MACNA 2017 who's going?

Sancho

53 minutes ago, StevieT said:

YES!

35755969554_ad43c7f216_k.jpg

One thing I was looking forward to this year was not seeing that picture again.  Now I have to see it every time I grab a Swedish fish.  Glad I work with someone that lives down there after seeing the "discounted" shuttle bus is $40/person roundtrip and this year I am bringing my wife.  Last year was $24/roundtrip and I think it was further from the airport.

• Haha 1
Just now, blkhwkz said:

One thing I was looking forward to this year was not seeing that picture again.  Now I have to see it every time I grab a Swedish fish.  Glad I work with someone that lives down there after seeing the "discounted" shuttle bus is $40/person roundtrip and this year I am bringing my wife.  Last year was $24/roundtrip and I think it was further from the airport.

Special request only

look into an Uber, it was so much cheaper last year than the airport shuttle

Christopher Marks
5 minutes ago, StevieT said:

look into an Uber

That's good advice, Lyft or Uber are probably way cheaper, for anyone else looking for ways to get around town. Some cities charge extra fees for airport pickups, but drop-off doesn't have that. Either way, it's gotta be way less than $40/person!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, StevieT said:

Special request only

Estimated on that was about $33 each way, same with Lyft.  Cheaper than the shuttle though.  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, blkhwkz said:

Estimated on that was about $33 each way, same with Lyft.  Cheaper than the shuttle though.  

We used a lot of Lyft last year, drivers work for both.  Reason was they gave $5 off each ride for like up to 10 rides for new users.  Some of our trips were paying tip only.  Look into that if you're a new user on their app.  No idea if they still offer that deal. 

• Like 1

#### it im renting a car. Looks like the airport is 23 miles from the Hotel......I have 16 days worth of free rentals may as well take advantage of them. God knows I dont want to be stuck in an UBER for 23 miles.........Im not very social and dont feel like chatting with an UBER/LYFT driver for 30-45 minutes. Upside I can explore this

• Haha 3
18 hours ago, blkhwkz said:

18 hours ago, StevieT said:

Special request only

Yup I'm with @Sancho and just renting a car. It's a bit cheaper than Uber or Lyft. 

I'm out of free rental car days and parking alone adds up to more than the cost of Uber or Lyft.  Using my corporate contract a rental car for Thursday through Sunday is $230 before parking.  The few time I have used Uber, the drivers didn't talk to me and I didn't talk to them, just the way I like it :)  Not sure if person I work with can get us back to the airport on Sunday, but she can get us to the hotel Thursday.  Since she reports to me, I gave her permission to leave work early to come get us.

2 hours ago, metrokat said:

I have a fan on a lanyard. I'm ready for MACNA. Cheers.

Bringing a life vest......just in case Katrina part deux :lol:

• Like 1

I can probably convince Nick to go to Vegas next year. I guess it depends if we have a kid by then though... That's so ####in weird to think about... 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I can probably convince Nick to go to Vegas next year. I guess it depends if we have a kid by then though... That's so ####in weird to think about... 

:o

It is!!!! :)   How many more weeks till the wedding?

5 more days!

Looking at the weather forecast.....:lol:.....89* humid as #### and thunderstorms all weekend :blink: 

There does seem to be a tropical storm brewin off the coast if the Yucatan.  Hopefully this weekend doesn't end at the Superdome

• Haha 1