Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MACNA 2017 who's going?

Sancho

I'm going.  I'm staying with my little brother, he lives in the garden district.  I think I'm only gonna go on Sunday though...  maybe Friday too.  Working on booking a light tackle redfish trip in the bayou on that Saturday.  :D

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Sancho said:

They claim to have the lowest cost for a MACNA event but I completely disagree with that statement.

Yeah, when I had been wanting to go it was looking like a $1500-$2k trip for the two of us. It just ended up very low on the priority list after that. 

Fingers crossed for a mid-west MACNA 2018! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Still Nope. Just bought my plane tickets to Australia! (and what happened to your avatar, looks like Anabel is possessing your rat, er mouse :o)

It's a tribute to last years macna

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
28 minutes ago, Sancho said:

It still haunts my mind :lol: 

I had a ton of fun last year, but I can't make it to this years event either :( I hope I can see New Orleans some day!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sancho said:

Wierd...you host MACNA in San Diego, DC and Denver you get huge turnouts......just checked the MACNA app and there are more people selling their passes than Ive ever seen. They claim to have the lowest cost for a MACNA event but I completely disagree with that statement. Airfare to New Orleans is ####ing ridiculous, the host Hotel is overpriced and I found out that parking will run you $22 a day......WTF since when do you spend $600+ on a hotel and have to shell out another $88 just to park your car for the weekend. And thats considered a deal as regular parking rates are $44 a day <_< Starting to kick myself in the ass for signing up for this. 

2 weeks to go.......who is getting drunk with me at this event? 

I would check Airbnb for a place to stay. Just Uber everywhere and call it a day. 

4 hours ago, Water Dog said:

I'm going.  I'm staying with my little brother, he lives in the garden district.  I think I'm only gonna go on Sunday though...  maybe Friday too.  Working on booking a light tackle redfish trip in the bayou on that Saturday.  :D

Ohhhh. It is a must! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sancho said:

Wierd...you host MACNA in San Diego, DC and Denver you get huge turnouts......just checked the MACNA app and there are more people selling their passes than Ive ever seen. They claim to have the lowest cost for a MACNA event but I completely disagree with that statement. Airfare to New Orleans is ####ing ridiculous, the host Hotel is overpriced and I found out that parking will run you $22 a day......WTF since when do you spend $600+ on a hotel and have to shell out another $88 just to park your car for the weekend. And thats considered a deal as regular parking rates are $44 a day <_< Starting to kick myself in the ass for signing up for this. 

2 weeks to go.......who is getting drunk with me at this event? 

The hotel rates seem in-line from past years.  Maybe it's only for vendors but ask and see if you can get the $15/day parking rate at the convention center.

San Diego was not a huge turnout, it was by far the worst.  The app is going to be misleading since more and more are using it now that it has been out for a few years.  In the past you saw people selling them left and right, but it was spread across multiple forums and Facebook.  With the app you can target 100% of your audience.

New Orleans should be the largest ever, the closer it is to Florida the bigger the show is going to be.

See you soon!

3 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Fingers crossed for 2019!! :closedeyes:

Same here.  MACNA starting in 2018 is going to be run MUCH differently for the better

We may be taking a year off having a booth in 2018.  Still going regardless.

Either way the local isn't going to disappoint attendees ;)

2 hours ago, Sancho said:

Oh, Sancho :lol:.   You didn't even have one of those in your room, did you?  I did :lol:

I got on the app for this year, feeling nostalgic.  I saw someone mentioned next year could be VEGAS!  I'm so there if it is fingerscrossed.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Limited edition t-shirt?!

Stickers for now, wearing her is most likely how Romanian chick's powers grab your soul

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, StevieT said:

Stickers for now, wearing her is most likely how her powers grab your soul

Yeah, I wouldn't wear her.  Sticker or a magnet.  I could put the sticker next to my clownfish sticker in my tank stand :D.598cab1ea5a4b_ScreenShot2017-08-10at11_50_21AM.thumb.png.64d1869062efc21639c6a3dda0eb0a21.png

• Like 6
6 hours ago, gena said:

Oh, Sancho :lol:.   You didn't even have one of those in your room, did you?  I did :lol:

I got on the app for this year, feeling nostalgic.  I saw someone mentioned next year could be VEGAS!  I'm so there if it is fingerscrossed.

I did at first as they overbooked the tower and stuck me in one of those ghetto rooms. I spent all of 5 minutes in that room and pitched a bitch to get the room I booked....I did win that argument and was put in the remodeled tower. 

8 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I did at first as they overbooked the tower and stuck me in one of those ghetto rooms. I spent all of 5 minutes in that room and pitched a bitch to get the room I booked....I did win that argument and was put in the remodeled tower. 

Haha...I do remember that.  Well, I still have good memories from last year's MACNA, even if the room was awful.  The event and the people make for a good time anyways.  I already told my husband we are going next year :D.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, gena said:

Haha...I do remember that.  Well, I still have good memories from last year's MACNA, even if the room was awful.  The event and the people make for a good time anyways.  I already told my husband we are going next year :D.

Funny wife told me I'm not going next year <_< will see about that :lol: especially if it's where I've heard it's gonna be. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

Funny wife told me I'm not going next year <_< will see about that :lol: especially if it's where I've heard it's gonna be. 

I hope it's where I think it is fingerscrossed:lol:

I've been waiting for Macna to come within driving distance for like ever. Been in the hobby since '04. Finally getting to go :D

Booked my tickets and the Hilton back in November. Lol. 

• Like 4

Would love to go but................I hate hot and humid :lol: someday I may make it to a Macna and drink with Sanchorello.........................enjoy everyone!