Cultivated Reef

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

Looking like a great start. You are going for reactors vs dosing?

Thanks dave. Yea I havent had a reactor in years and while two part dosing works great I really love how a reactor is continually adding back all the chemicals/elements to the water in the correct proportions, as they are consumed by coral and other animals.

I like that light!!

Thanks Weetie! Im quite fond of it myself :happy:

• Like 2

Thanks dave. Yea I havent had a reactor in years and while two part dosing works great I really love how a reactor is continually adding back all the chemicals/elements to the water in the correct proportions, as they are consumed by coral and other animals.

Thanks Weetie! Im quite fond of it myself :happy:

I just got all the pieces for my reactor. I've decided to set it up on the new 30g frag tank so that if I screw something up while I learn how to run it I won't have to kill myself :P

Thanks for posting about the sale!

I just got all the pieces for my reactor. I've decided to set it up on the new 30g frag tank so that if I screw something up while I learn how to run it I won't have to kill myself :P

Thanks for posting about the sale!

Awesome let me know when you set it up. What regulator and did you go with and what size CO2 tank? Also What type of media?

Thats a good idea.. just be sure to test often,make any adjustments slowly and you will be fine

Stop teasing. :lol: What rocks did you go with?

:D:P Real reef Rock..Trying to be a more responsible reefer.

More pics of the scape..

32718281816_059965bc9a_z.jpg

32759557955_2972be90e5_z.jpg

• Like 20

Looking good! I was considering the Real Reef, but opted to go with the Marco Rocks again as I don't know much about the RR stuff. :)

Thanks alot Shaun. Ive used marco rocks as well which are great although they typically leach phosphates for quite some time IME

RR have some really great diversity in shapes between their normal,shelf and tonga styles. I also like the touch of coloring to mimic coralline algae.

Some other shots..

32718282146_04fa4c598d_z.jpg

32379158510_fab61801ee_z.jpg

32718282326_15fbacd14d_z.jpg

• Like 20

Drop off scapes can be hard to pull off but I think you nailed it. Very dramatic.

Thanks alot...It definitely took a while to get it close to the look I had in my head but overall its pretty close. When I have enough mature coral on the top shelf I think it will create a pretty strong visual.

• Like 1

As mentioned, not easy to aquascape these drop-off systems and I think you've got a real winner here. Nicely done!

In my mind's eye, I can envision some of the more unique coral growth forms to lend dramatic texture and color.

• Like 1

As mentioned, not easy to aquascape these drop-off systems and I think you've got a real winner here. Nicely done!

In my mind's eye, I can envision some of the more unique coral growth forms to lend dramatic texture and color.

Thanks alot nano I appreciate it.

I have the same vision..I just hope I can get it to that point.

Really looking forward to this. Like the way you're photographing it from the side, as I feel that is what I dislike most about dropoffs but the dark shadows continues the dropoff effect nicely.

• Like 1

Beautiful scape!

Thanks alot Sebastian!

Really looking forward to this. Like the way you're photographing it from the side, as I feel that is what I dislike most about dropoffs but the dark shadows continues the dropoff effect nicely.

Thanks alot man. I was trying for a scape that creates a bit of drama but still looks natural and maximizes space for coral.

Drop-off scape done right! Looks like one continuous rock from the top shelf to the bottom. I like how you have several small pieces scattered about, too.

• Like 1

Drop-off scape done right! Looks like one continuous rock from the top shelf to the bottom. I like how you have several small pieces scattered about, too.

Thanks alot J! That was my goal from the very beginning.

Gorgeousness!

Thanks NB!!!