Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

It's beautiful.

Thanks kitty :blush:

Wow awesome scape job! This is going to look amazing.

Thanks so much Jackie!

I love your scape my friend... a lot... but I couldn't help myself...

I fixed this for you:

I literally spit out the water I was drinking :haha::haha: Thanks bud.

The scape is amazing sir, You have nailed it :)

Thanks alot s&j It definitely took the longest time to scape of any of my builds.I would make changes...let it sit for a few days....make a change....let it sit for a few days. But it eventually got to the point to where it looked close to what I originally envisioned. And more importantly it finally looked balanced from all three sides.

Needs more coral. ;)

Your right...how about you help me out? :D

Oh yeah! Now we're getting somewhere! Looks awesome!

Thanks alot buddy :happy:

• Like 2

Thanks kitty :blush:

Thanks so much Jackie!

I literally spit out the water I was drinking :haha::haha: Thanks bud.

Thanks alot s&j It definitely took the longest time to scape of any of my builds.I would make changes...let it sit for a few days....make a change....let it sit for a few days. But it eventually got to the point to where it looked close to what I originally envisioned. And more importantly it finally looked balanced from all three sides.

Your right...how about you help me out? :D

I know a guy. That ain't me though.

Thanks christy!

BTW wheres the link to your tank builds? :)

I need to add it to my signature.

The only thread I have right now is for my Eunice worms tank.....The Home of the Creep.

My 12 Gallon Long is about to turn a year old and I will put it up then.

• Like 1

Awesome let me know when you set it up. What regulator and did you go with and what size CO2 tank? Also What type of media?

Thats a good idea.. just be sure to test often,make any adjustments slowly and you will be fine

Yeah, I plan to go very slowly!

I got the Aquamaxx regulator, it wasn't all that cheap but it does have the fine adjustment needle. I got the ARM aragonite media. Finally, I picked up a five pound tank at the local welding supply store. It was about $100 filled, but tank exchanges are only $20 so it should pay off in the long run. Plus I can reuse the tank and regulator on a bigger tank in the future.

Ironically, the biggest problem I've had is getting all the little plumbing pieces to hook up the water circulation pump. I think I've got it all now and should be getting it set up this weekend.

I love your scape my friend... a lot... but I couldn't help myself...

I fixed this for you:

Hypes%20Simba_zpsgc6wc6eq.jpg

:lol: This needs to be on the new page!

I love the scape, this is going to be a beautiful tank :)

• Like 4

Yeah, I plan to go very slowly!

I got the Aquamaxx regulator, it wasn't all that cheap but it does have the fine adjustment needle. I got the ARM aragonite media. Finally, I picked up a five pound tank at the local welding supply store. It was about $100 filled, but tank exchanges are only $20 so it should pay off in the long run. Plus I can reuse the tank and regulator on a bigger tank in the future.

Ironically, the biggest problem I've had is getting all the little plumbing pieces to hook up the water circulation pump. I think I've got it all now and should be getting it set up this weekend.

:lol: This needs to be on the new page!

I love the scape, this is going to be a beautiful tank :)

I actually have a reef fanatic regulator I got it bundled with the Aquamaxx reactor for $125 from another reefer (aquamaxx is brand new) I still need to pick up a CO2 tank though. Im trying to see if I can find one used locally. Well let me know your first impressions once you fire her up!

Thats the funniest thing ever posted in any of my threads :lol:

Thanks so much teeny hopefully I can make you guys proud :happy:

• Like 1

Beautiful as usual, one to follow for sure. ;)

Thanks alot Josh. Hows your tank coming along?

Perfect TOTM

Hopefully one day ...Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Yep. Don't change anything!

Thanks teeny just plan to add some coral. :D

• Like 2

So I hooked up my Nano calcium reactor last night...and it's leaking right where the pump connects to the body. I can't quite figure out how they made the connection, and whether the joint is supposed to be glued or just sealed with some sort of gasket. The pump head can rotate around the fitting though, so if it's a gasket or o-ring, there's something wrong with it. If it's supposed to be glued, there's definitely something wrong with it. Have you tried yours yet?

So I hooked up my Nano calcium reactor last night...and it's leaking right where the pump connects to the body. I can't quite figure out how they made the connection, and whether the joint is supposed to be glued or just sealed with some sort of gasket. The pump head can rotate around the fitting though, so if it's a gasket or o-ring, there's something wrong with it. If it's supposed to be glued, there's definitely something wrong with it. Have you tried yours yet?

Thats a bummer...I havent hooked mine up yet but ill see if it has the same problem. I thought it was was sealed with some type of gasket as well but ill double check.

• Like 1

Thats a bummer...I havent hooked mine up yet but ill see if it has the same problem. I thought it was was sealed with some type of gasket as well but ill double check.

Good luck! Hopefully I just got a bad one and it's not a design flaw.

Thanks teeny.I sure hope so... what are you going to do to fix yours?

I just emailed Marine Depot to ask if there's something I should do to fix it, or if needs to be replaced.

I just emailed Marine Depot to ask if there's something I should do to fix it, or if needs to be replaced.

Hey teeny I just tested mine and there were no leaks. Let me know what marine depot says

Your tanks are always amazing. Glad to see this one starting *grabs popcorn*

Hey Tibbs! Thanks alot man I appreciate you checking in. Are you starting a new tank soon or are you still on hiatus?

• Like 1