Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

Hey my Nano-reef fam!!! Im back to complete my final nano. Unfortunately the original tank I was planning on didnt pan out. Then I moved and my daughter was born so planning and building a tank got pushed pretty far back on the back burner. Things have started to settle down a bit (sort of lol) So I thought why not give it a go. Im still super busy so my goal is to keep this build low maintenance. While deciding on a tank I wanted try a build ive always thought was cool but never got a chance to try. A drop off was something ive always been interested in particularly because I love aquascaping and thought it would be interesting to aquascape a tank with those features.Ive also never had a peninsula tank so this seemed like the way to go.

The decision to be made was whether to go with IM abyss series or Artfully Acrylic Reefcrest series. This was made easier when I realized Artfully Acrylic had a 35 gallon model. I am extremely happy I went with them. They truly take care of their customers and make TOP NOTCH aquariums.I had an awesome experience...First where they allowed me to use a promo that had already expired a few days prior. But more importantly I had a deadline I wanted to meet and these guys expedited my order to meet that deadline as their build time is normally 6 weeks. The tank arrived on time but was damaged by the knuckleheads over at Fedex. These guys didn't wait the weeks or months it would take to file a claim but sent me another tank a week later. I have nothing but good things to say about them and the pictures speak for themselves. They build each aquarium by hand,use high quality materials and pay close attention to detail and most importantly know how to treat their customers. Needless to say they've gained a lifelong customer.

I'm still stockpiling everything im going to need for this build and its taking longer than I hoped. But so far I have the tank and stand. I also have (2) 200 watt heaters since this tank is going in the basement. I originally was going to go with the Radion XR15w Gen4 (For sale BTW) but I changed my mind with the stocking. Since the focus will be SPS the decision has to be T5/LED Hybrid. For live rock im going with Real reef rock..Ive actually been able to hand pick the pieces from my LFS. Ill share some pictures of what I came with while playing around at my LFS. Skimmer and ATO should be here by the end of next week. Im also going to use live water from my buddys 7 year old reef. (plenty of mature bacterial colonies)

Pic after unboxing and placing on the stand...more pics to follow

31975801186_f34df814b4_z.jpg

31975808116_a6966c8e71_z.jpg

• Like 22

Hey Weetie!!! :lol: Hows everything?

This last year has been one WILD and unpredictable ride, but some pretty cool stuff is coming out of it, so it's all good.

Not a lot going on tank wise, just a 4g countertop pico cube with a couple basic corals, snails, tiny damsel and powered by absolutely nothing more than a light and one small PH. Literally no 'scape attempted, infrequent WC's, but y'know what? Everything is healthy. :)

Hope things are well with you & your family.

• Like 1

This last year has been one WILD and unpredictable ride, but some pretty cool stuff is coming out of it, so it's all good.

Not a lot going on tank wise, just a 4g countertop pico cube with a couple basic corals, snails, tiny damsel and powered by absolutely nothing more than a light and one small PH. Literally no 'scape attempted, infrequent WC's, but y'know what? Everything is healthy. :)

Hope things are well with you & your family.

Well im glad to hear things are on the up :) As long as the coral are happy and thats all that really matters.

Things are well a bit crazy with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old but I can't complain they're the best thing that ever happened to me :happy:

• Like 3

Thanks Danny!Appreciate you checking in. Hows your tank coming along?

Had a bit of a setback when some corals became very unhappy one day earlier this month. it may have been a temp issue. They're slowly getting back to normal though. It's always keeping me guessing.

Had a bit of a setback when some corals became very unhappy one day earlier this month. it may have been a temp issue. They're slowly getting back to normal though. It's always keeping me guessing.

Glad to hear they're recovering. How are you liking the nanobox?

Well............This ought to be interesting!! :D

Hey Marc! I sure hope so :lol:

Did you ever get that tank started?

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Hey Marc! I sure hope so :lol:

Did you ever get that tank started?

Yep. About 5 months ago. A little rough at first being all new rock & sand and had a few challenges, but she's a comin' around now....

B2BF86D1-D412-47D2-8E07-28747C157370.jpg

• Like 7

Ohhh lala~

Is this where that ATI PM is going to go??? Pretty excited to see this come along.

Thanks!!

It sure is as soon as I order a power supply :lol:

Yep. About 5 months ago. A little rough at first being all new rock & sand and had a few challenges, but she's a comin' around now....

B2BF86D1-D412-47D2-8E07-28747C157370.jpg

Wow marc shes a beauty!!! I dont know how I missed it but im going to go catch up. Awesome job man.

Artfully makes some really nice stuff. I'm considering a drop off tank and if I do get one it will be from them. I just don't want maintenance on 2 tanks! lol

They really do. I hear ya.. I barely have time for this build but if i had more time/resources I would do a freshwater as well.

Good to see you back with a new project, Eugene. Lookng forward to the build,for sure!

Thanks alot nano your still a huge inspiration for this build

Congrats again on the 8.5 years. Thats practically unheard of in our segment of the hobby.

This ought to be epic. Cant wait for scape reveal.☺

Thanks alot twitch. Me too I think i should be able to pick up the rock tomorrow.

• Like 1