Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Dueling Reefers

ReefWeeds

1 hour ago, Tautoo said:

Mostly a lurker around these parts, but im so sorry :(

43 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Gees, Rachel, that sucks. Sorry to hear. :grouphug:

Thanks guys. I appreciate it! Hopefully this thread won't be such a downer in the near future. 

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

This made me :lol::D

Good! This dog is such a goofball!

This thread also needs some reef photos!! My rainbow bubble tip. It split a couple months ago. The second half traveled to another location in the tank 

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Thunder Goose said:

Holy Swiss cheese, you're having a run of bad luck. So sorry to hear about that. 

I really am. I was about to seriously throw in the towel about a week ago. But rather than do that, the dueling reefers are going to become one reefer, the 12 long is coming down, as is the fusion 10. It's become a chore rather than something I enjoy, before the latest crap. I think I'll enjoy it much more with the reef tank and the contest tank and that's it. 

• Like 5
Thunder Goose

Yeah, reef tanks are a bit of work. I seem to set up a tank when I need a distraction. I've gone from 1 freshwater (120 gallon planted) to 1 freshwater and 2 reef tanks in the past 8 months. :unsure:

• Like 1

So sorry for all of the tragedy Rachael. Puppy is adorable, and I'm sure is a great mood lifter. Corals look awesome-I foresee a new painting in those Zoanthids (maybe with Mona and crew making an appearance). Sounds like it's time to take a step back for a little while. I have a hard enough time with just the 2 tanks, can't imagine 4-Even though I keep saying I want to get a pico to house my oversized anemone! Keep your chin up, we all know you are awesome.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

Yeah, reef tanks are a bit of work. I seem to set up a tank when I need a distraction. I've gone from 1 freshwater (120 gallon planted) to 1 freshwater and 2 reef tanks in the past 8 months. :unsure:

Yeah right now, 5 feels like way too many. Two seems enjoyable. 

54 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Sorry about all the fishy losses :(

39 minutes ago, moosubi said:

So sorry, it's hard losing fish...

Thanks guys. 

18 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

So sorry for all of the tragedy Rachael. Puppy is adorable, and I'm sure is a great mood lifter. Corals look awesome-I foresee a new painting in those Zoanthids (maybe with Mona and crew making an appearance). Sounds like it's time to take a step back for a little while. I have a hard enough time with just the 2 tanks, can't imagine 4-Even though I keep saying I want to get a pico to house my oversized anemone! Keep your chin up, we all know you are awesome.

Yes - I need to consolidate things so I enjoy this again. I had been feeling a bit this way before losing Vit and Mona and this just exasterbates it. I like the painting idea! I featured Mona and Vit in my reef Koi series: 

IMG_4408.JPG

• Like 10

I'm so sorry about the fishes. :( I've had a rough patch lately too with my fishes but I didn't have them long enough to get really attached.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm so sorry about the fishes. :( I've had a rough patch lately too with my fishes but I didn't have them long enough to get really attached.

1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

I'm so sorry about the fishes. :(

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, stellablue said:

Yeah right now, 5 feels like way too many. Two seems enjoyable. 

Thanks guys. 

Yes - I need to consolidate things so I enjoy this again. I had been feeling a bit this way before losing Vit and Mona and this just exasterbates it. I like the painting idea! I featured Mona and Vit in my reef Koi series: 

IMG_4408.JPG

This is an amazing painting. You should consider keeping it for yourself.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

This is an amazing painting. You should consider keeping it for yourself.

I told jeff I was thinking about doing just that! It's so massive though - so I have to figure out where I can hang it :) 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I told jeff I was thinking about doing just that! It's so massive though - so I have to figure out where I can hang it :) 

Just find a wall and hang it........that's a nice one ;) and giving up on tanks :lol: yeah right you know the shit I would throw at you...........hell I may even make the cross country trek to give you shit :P 

I do know the feeling though as my reef tank is on auto pilot and its great to just feed and that's it........even the contest tank has stayed stable but you know me testing whats that :huh: taking the 30 down well that felt good as it was the tank to always deal with.......

Hopefully things get better for you :flower:

• Like 3
On 7/19/2017 at 3:28 PM, stellablue said:

I really am. I was about to seriously throw in the towel about a week ago. But rather than do that, the dueling reefers are going to become one reefer, the 12 long is coming down, as is the fusion 10. It's become a chore rather than something I enjoy, before the latest crap. I think I'll enjoy it much more with the reef tank and the contest tank and that's it. 

too many tanks get hard to manage.  glad you are keeping one of the reefers =).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Wow what a stunning piece of art! :wub: I was looking at it on your website the other day.

Thank you!! I appreciate that. 

3 hours ago, spectra said:

Just find a wall and hang it........that's a nice one ;) and giving up on tanks :lol: yeah right you know the shit I would throw at you...........hell I may even make the cross country trek to give you shit :P 

I do know the feeling though as my reef tank is on auto pilot and its great to just feed and that's it........even the contest tank has stayed stable but you know me testing whats that :huh: taking the 30 down well that felt good as it was the tank to always deal with.......

Hopefully things get better for you :flower:

Ha yeah you would totally make the cross country trip I'm sure of it! Yeah I just need to take down the tanks and just focus on one or two. And thanks scott. I appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

how big is it

It's 5 feet x 4 feet - so quite large. 

1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

too many tanks get hard to manage.  glad you are keeping one of the reefers =).

Yes totally agree! It takes away from the enjoyment for sure 

• Like 1