Pod Your Reef

Stella's Dueling Reefers

ReefWeeds

11 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Thank you!! I appreciate that. 

Ha yeah you would totally make the cross country trip I'm sure of it! Yeah I just need to take down the tanks and just focus on one or two. And thanks scott. I appreciate it. 

It's 5 feet x 4 feet - so quite large. 

Yes totally agree! It takes away from the enjoyment for sure 

Hell yeah you gave me shit so I have to give it back if you take a reprieve.......I wont get out now as I am locked in........I do wish I had a frag tank as I hate fragging things out of the main tank.

A road trip sounds good but don't make me do it :lol: 

And that pic well :wub:

• Like 3
On 7/20/2017 at 10:24 AM, stellablue said:

Yeah right now, 5 feels like way too many. Two seems enjoyable. 

Thanks guys. 

Yes - I need to consolidate things so I enjoy this again. I had been feeling a bit this way before losing Vit and Mona and this just exasterbates it. I like the painting idea! I featured Mona and Vit in my reef Koi series: 

IMG_4408.JPG

Sounds like you need my throwing brick!

That is a GREAT painting....one of my favorites!

• Like 1

Well, I have some good news. The day Mona died, I found pip on his side wedged under the bio brick not moving. Jeff said he would go take him out of the tank for me since at that point, I had enough death and destruction. Well, when jeff went to grab him, he swam around. I didn't post here that he was still alive as he did not look good and I was pretty sure he wouldn't last the day. Well one day turned into two turned into 5 and Pip is finally back swimming around and aggressively eating. So I feel like it's safe to say he is still alive and well! 

• Like 8
Just now, stellablue said:

Well, I have some good news. The day Mona died, I found pip on his side wedged under the bio brick not moving. Jeff said he would go take him out of the tank for me since at that point, I had enough death and destruction. Well, when jeff went to grab him, he swam around. I didn't post here that he was still alive as he did not look good and I was pretty sure he wouldn't last the day. Well one day turned into two turned into 5 and Pip is finally back swimming around and aggressively eating. So I feel like it's safe to say he is still alive and well! 

Holy Wow, this is GREAT news!!! omgomgomg

• Like 1
On 7/20/2017 at 11:41 PM, spectra said:

Hell yeah you gave me shit so I have to give it back if you take a reprieve.......I wont get out now as I am locked in........I do wish I had a frag tank as I hate fragging things out of the main tank.

A road trip sounds good but don't make me do it :lol: 

And that pic well :wub:

Set up an easy shallow frag tank. You've got extra lights I'm pretty sure! 

And thanks both you and @jack1978 - that is one of my favorites of the paintings I've done so far. 

On 7/21/2017 at 5:39 PM, jack1978 said:

Sounds like you need my throwing brick!

That is a GREAT painting....one of my favorites!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Yay Pip!!!  :happydance:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Yippee for Pippie!

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

59 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Also, PIP PIP HORAY!

9 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Woohoo Pip! 

These made my day!! Here's pip the day I thought he was dead. He wasn't moving and I looked close. Couldn't even see his fins moving. 

Yippee for Pippie!

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Also, PIP PIP HORAY!

11 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Woohoo Pip! 

These made my day!! Here's pip the day I thought he was dead. He wasn't moving and I looked close. Couldn't even see his fins moving. 

IMG_5232.JPG

This is Pip today with his new friend. Pip got moved to the contest tank today. 

IMG_5372.JPG

IMG_5373.JPG

IMG_5375.JPG

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, stellablue said:

IMG_5232.JPG

He's a sur-vi-va' 

He's not gon' give up......

sorry, Destiny's Child popped in my head. 

• Like 3
Just now, WV Reefer said:

He's a sur-vi-va' 

He's not gon' give up......

sorry, Destiny's Child popped in my head. 

:lol: 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Holy Wow, this is GREAT news!!! omgomgomg

Right?!? I honestly thought he was done for. And certainly didn't think he would pull through. 

7 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Name the new clown Estella!

Haha I was thinking Gladys ... but I'm thinking you're too young to get that since it was even before my time ?

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian
1 minute ago, stellablue said:

Haha I was thinking Gladys ... but I'm thinking you're too young to get that since it was even before my time ?

Hah! Gladys and the Pips. I still say Estella, though. Yay Charles Dickens!

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Hah! Gladys and the Pips. I still say Estella, though. Yay Charles Dickens!

Ha jeff and I were trying to figure out a Dickens female character and thought of that - but I won with Gladys ?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

So pretty....

Thanks Weet! I was thinking Magellan my foxface was the roundest fish of them all but now that I'm looking at my coris, I'm not so sure ?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

butterfly still a model citizen?

Yes! My favorite fish at the moment. I can hand feed him! He follows me around the tank lol 

23 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Bert is cute!!

Blennies have such personalities 

• Like 4