inTank Media Baskets

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

On 11/11/2016 at 9:55 AM, vlangel said:

Yes, I decided that was a sweeter Bible couple than Samson and Delilah. Its going to be awkward if Boaz prefers Eve over Ruth however. LOL

20161111_114851_zps4ejspnuh.jpg

Still not the greatest quality picture but at least you can see Ruth and Boaz. They are not cowering in the darkest crevices anymore either which is good.

How about that beauty mark on Ruth's nose. She has dark eyes and light skin like me. I don't think she is dark Irish though, ha ha! Boaz is your typical dark horse.

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian
On 11/11/2016 at 9:55 AM, vlangel said:

Yes, I decided that was a sweeter Bible couple than Samson and Delilah. Its going to be awkward if Boaz prefers Eve over Ruth however. LOL

20161111_114851_zps4ejspnuh.jpg

Still not the greatest quality picture but at least you can see Ruth and Boaz. They are not cowering in the darkest crevices anymore either which is good.

Cute! Makes me want to have a seahorse tank. Well, once I'm out of school. I'm glad they're doing well. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

• Like 1

Maybe a name change? Cindy Crawford has a beauty mark like that... :lol:

Ha ha, I was thinking of women with beauty marks but I have kind of set a precedent with my sygnathids having Bible names. I couldn't come up with a woman from the Bible that I knew had a beauty mark.

Cute! Makes me want to have a seahorse tank. Well, once I'm out of school. I'm glad they're doing well. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Seahorses are awesome but you are wise to wait til you are settled. They are definitely not as transient as other marine life. You can enjoy looking at mine until the time is right.

See ya tomorrow!

• Like 1

Today I changed the cartridges in my 5 stage RO/DI. It was a bit overdue but now we are ready for another year.

Also Nick, (RIP Sebastion) gave me some cool xenia, kenya trees and what looks like gsp. Thanks Nick, I love the frags and hope they do well for me.

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

Today I changed the cartridges in my 5 stage RO/DI. It was a bit overdue but now we are ready for another year.

Also Nick, (RIP Sebastion) gave me some cool xenia, kenya trees and what looks like gsp. Thanks Nick, I love the frags and hope they do well for me.

My pleasure! That is GSP. On the Xenia rock, there are a few polyps of Eagle Eye Zoas. I'd love some pics! The new little gobies are out and about!

Nick

• Like 2

My pleasure! That is GSP. On the Xenia rock, there are a few polyps of Eagle Eye Zoas. I'd love some pics! The new little gobies are out and about!

Nick

Yes, more pics not! You can't add corals without sharing pics!!

As soon as everything settles in and opens I will definitely take some pics!
  • Like 2

Boaz finally ate some frozen mysis this morning! What a relief! Ruth eats like a champ. I am anxious to move them into the display but they are so little that I need to block the overflow because they might fit through the teeth.

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

Boaz finally ate some frozen mysis this morning! What a relief! Ruth eats like a champ. I am anxious to move them into the display but they are so little that I need to block the overflow because they might fit through the teeth.

Woohoo! I also want pics of the new corals. How are they doing?

• Like 1

yay!!??
  • Like 1

Woohoo! I also want pics of the new corals. How are they doing?

They are doing fine but are only slowly opening up. They are going to be nice additions to the seahorse garden. Thank you very much. I am super excited about the xenia. I used to have beautiful gsp but I think I starved it with too many WCs in catering to seahorses. Hopefully I can reach a balance.

• Like 1

Been away for a little while. This is so exciting. Congratulations on the new ponies. Glad to hear they are settling in and eating. Looking forward to seeing them in the main tank and how eve reacts to/with them.

Thanks Pjanssen! I plan to video the big moment when the little ponies join big mama Eve! That may be a week or so yet. The little ones need to recognise the turkey baster.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

They are doing fine but are only slowly opening up. They are going to be nice additions to the seahorse garden. Thank you very much. I am super excited about the xenia. I used to have beautiful gsp but I think I starved it with too many WCs in catering to seahorses. Hopefully I can reach a balance.

Glad to hear it! Some of them were fragged that morning, so they may be a little grumpy.

• Like 1

I put some plastic mesh, (the same material BRS sells to cover the top of an aquarium) on the inside of the teeth of my overflow box. That is to prevent any little ponies from being sucked in.

I also added a rio powerhead at the bottom of the tank to help keep detritus and such in suspension.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

I put some plastic mesh, (the same material BRS sells to cover the top of an aquarium) on the inside of the teeth of my overflow box. That is to prevent any little ponies from being sucked in.

I also added a rio powerhead at the bottom of the tank to help keep detritus and such in suspension.

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

20161114_160431_zpsbv6fgxwp.jpg

There proof that I put mesh in the overflow box. A funny story (well really not so funny actually)...I was trying to tidy up that egg crate that the aqualifter is sitting on. You know, so it did not look quite so ghetto. Anyway I bumped the U tube and next thing I know the water was rising!

20161114_160348_zpssdhrhulf.jpg

When you see this its terrifying until you can make it go down! Especially when the return pump is in the basement.

It has to do with the U tube but I am not sure why it does that . It never did before when I messed with the overflow.

• Like 2

20161114_160732_zpsd1ecqqqv.jpg

A pic with the frags I got from Nick, (RIP Sebastian). They are beginning to open up now.

The xenia is to the far left. The GSP is dead center(of the tank, not the pic) in the front of the tank. It is sitting on a spot where I could not get paint on the bottom of the tank because of the brace. I will be thrill if it attaches there. Then above it stuck in the rockwork is one of the 2 kenya trees. The other is by the feeding dish.

• Like 4

Did you move them into the DT yet?

I want to so bad, but I am worried that they wont get enough to eat in that great big tank. They might learn the ropes from Eve though. I am conflicted about what to do.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian
On 11/14/2016 at 2:27 PM, vlangel said:

20161114_160732_zpsd1ecqqqv.jpg

A pic with the frags I got from Nick, (RIP Sebastian). They are beginning to open up now.

The xenia is to the far left. The GSP is dead center(of the tank, not the pic) in the front of the tank. It is sitting on a spot where I could not get paint on the bottom of the tank because of the brace. I will be thrill if it attaches there. Then above it stuck in the rockwork is one of the 2 kenya trees. The other is by the feeding dish.

Hooray! Glad to see they're doing well. That GSP grew on my sandbed....where I isolated it...where it wasn't supposed to grow. Anywho, it grows FAST.

• Like 3

Hooray! Glad to see they're doing well. That GSP grew on my sandbed....where I isolated it...where it wasn't supposed to grow. Anywho, it grows FAST.

When Ihad a 90 gallon I also had GSP grow amazingly fast on the sandbed. At least its easy to control there. It should be easy to control where I have it too, I hope! LOL

• Like 2

20161114_214504_zpsyh9ha1fu.jpg

More aquascaping changes. When I added the rio powerhead I wanted the cord less obvious so I moved the rio to the corner(so the cord could go down the corner seam). Unfortunately I did not like looking at the pump either. So I covered it up with some rock, coral and macro algae. Then there was not enough negative space between that and the large rock structure. So I squished the big structure so that it was tighter rather than long and spread out. I think I like it better but some times I have to look at it a few days.

I will say scaping a bare bottom tank is so much easier in one way. You just slide the rock where you want, and don't worry about kicking up nasties or clouding the tank. It clears in minutes.

• Like 6