ReefCleaners.org

Okay, fine! (Fusion 20)

Mariaface

Lucky number 7!

Nice valonia removal - looks like you're going to have an ongoing project like I do - I've been siphoning out a couple new balls every 2 or 3 days...

That's... what.. she said? I think?

'Ongoing Project', pffffft. :P More like 'live with it until it starts trying to choke something out, then evict it'. And dose Microbacter Clean. And keep up with nutrient export so something else can outcompete it.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I smothered these anemones in epoxy twice. The second time, I smothered them in Aiptasia-X before epoxying them in.

One just popped out of another hole in the rock again. :rant:

Oh no.. BA :'( I hope it's gone and you can keep those aiptasia and such under control. Nice fusion 20 coming along nicely!

It's honestly not that big a deal in my tank :P I just pretend the tiny single bubbles around the tank are part of the rockwork (either way, anyone looking at the tank thinks it's pretty), and if a cluster gets too big I yank it out.

Thanks!

In other news the pom pom crab molted, and seeing the molt first gave me a HEART ATTACK. I was so upset that I left the tank. Then I came back fifteen minutes later going 'no freaking way this thing died' and found him hiding next to the chunk of marine pure in there. Hanging out. Chilling. Distinctly not a lifeless corpse next to the filter floss underneath the filter.

Rude. :angry:

Chloroquine phosphate gets here tomorrow, so I guess the pompom will be transferred over soon. c: And there's only one stubborn aiptasia left, poking out of a hole in that cave rock. It'll be super glued and smothered, and hopefully it won't sneak around anywhere else.

Like Kat said about dictyota, it can read plague proportions. Pull it out asap and keep at it. I finally found a pincushion urchin that would eat it after it started taking over the bc. I still have it pop up.

Like Kat said about dictyota, it can read plague proportions. Pull it out asap and keep at it. I finally found a pincushion urchin that would eat it after it started taking over the bc. I still have it pop up.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. This one's growing in an organized little clump facing the light, so I'll trim it down and try not to let any tufts get away to other parts of the tank. :)

Chloroquine phosphate gets here tomorrow, so I guess the pompom will be transferred over soon. c: And there's only one stubborn aiptasia left, poking out of a hole in that cave rock. It'll be super glued and smothered, and hopefully it won't sneak around anywhere else.

Uhm. CP and wrasses seems to be a bad idea?

I thought that the little tuft was cool until it started taking over a rock. I also find it annoying when urchins like it as a wearable item and carry it everywhere.

I thought that the little tuft was cool until it started taking over a rock. I also find it annoying when urchins like it as a wearable item and carry it everywhere.

No urchins here! And this stuff is growing 'up' instead of sideways, so it should be decently easy to clip back, right? Still, I'll definitely keep an eye out.

From what I'm reading, I think the CP might be an issue because it destroys the bacterial filter (and any algae and inverts). Then ammonia builds up, and sensitive fish don't handle it well, etc.. I'm sensing a lot of Prime and water changes in my future...

What's chloroquine phosphate for?

Ich, brook, blah blah blah. And more reading tells me it doesn't kill the bacterial filter, but it does kill snails, algae, etc, and can also get other inverts. So I guess if I used it, the fish's snacks would be gone?

But it's supposed to be so much gentler than copper/hypo..

No urchins here! And this stuff is growing 'up' instead of sideways, so it should be decently easy to clip back, right? Still, I'll definitely keep an eye out.

It will break away from the holdfast but I have no idea how big that holdfast is.

So this happened without any photo adjustments whatsoever:

(protip: just don't click on it if you ever want to leave the photo overlay ever)

FrvivA2.jpg

(protip: just don't click on it if you ever want to leave the photo overlay ever)

FrvivA2.jpg

That looks so nice :)

FrvivA2.jpg

Those are VERY fast growers. I recommend keeping it isolated on a rock or with lots of room around it. Mine has grown from a frag plug to ~12 inches in about a year and a half

Those are VERY fast growers. I recommend keeping it isolated on a rock or with lots of room around it. Mine has grown from a frag plug to ~12 inches in about a year and a half

Nice! I want to pull a 'Veng' and have it cover the back wall, actually, opposite the grafted cap's side. Right now it's growing over the black plastic holder for the frag tree, so once it's nice and encrusted there I'll snap the original off and put a spare plug in. Original goes on the wall until that starts to take over, and hopefully the new-plug-system means cyphastrea frags for whoever's interested. :P

Though if it starts spreading to the actual structure of the frag tree, I'll need to pick up those magnetic single-frag holders.

Nice! I want to pull a 'Veng' and have it cover the back wall, actually, opposite the grafted cap's side. Right now it's growing over the black plastic holder for the frag tree, so once it's nice and encrusted there I'll snap the original off and put a spare plug in. Original goes on the wall until that starts to take over, and hopefully the new-plug-system means cyphastrea frags for whoever's interested. :P

Though if it starts spreading to the actual structure of the frag tree, I'll need to pick up those magnetic single-frag holders.

TY for giving us (Me) it's name. I honestly thought it was an SPS. Looked like 1 to me, anyways.

Googled it and found it on LA. Pleasantly surprised to see that it is an LPS :)

It really does look nice! :wub:B)

TY for giving us (Me) it's name. I honestly thought it was an SPS. Looked like 1 to me, anyways.

Googled it and found it on LA. Pleasantly surprised to see that it is an LPS :)

It really does look nice! :wub:B)

Doesn't it!?

Last I checked, some people aren't convinced it's LPS? It's got the larger polyps for sure, which is basically the only requirement before a coral gets lumped in as LPS, but they seem to do better when people take care of them as if they were SPS under moderate lighting. Stable alk, plenty of flow, etc. It's so fun to watch the polyps open and close as they feed on small particle food, too!

The wrasse is NOT A FAN OF CP.

ROX carbon (thank you for your timing, BRS group buy) is in there soaking it up, and the wrasse is slowly getting better from the super sad 'breathing fast and laying on its side'. It's mostly upright, breathing slightly slower, after a few minutes of carbon.

Guess I'm looking into a different medicine for this. Cupramine? D:

...Did this fish make me run carbon because it was playing dead? Because I added medicine and turned the overhead lights on and parked myself right in front of it?

One hour into adding half the dose again, leaving the lights off, and leaving the basement altogether.

I just checked on this fish. He's FINE. :angry:

Archived