inTank Media Baskets

Okay, fine! (Fusion 20)

Mariaface

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shall you bless us with an update?v

Uhhh.... :blush:

I do have to spend half an hour near the tank to filter water today, so... Maybe I'll test parameters and find my camera? 8D

I make no promises. I'm so bad at this. -coughs pitifully-

'scuses

The spongodes is still doing great (slowly planning world domination), but I think the hammer has been whooping the mind trick's butt? Or I've let nutrients get too low for lack of feeding again... :blush: Time to test! ...At 7pm!

Oh, right. I need to get the cyphastrea and pavona settled somewhere, very very soon. They've engulfed their frag tree 'level' and are also aiming for world domination...

Question. Is this flow about right for this coral? It's encrusted over the epoxy and became bright green at the base as well, so it must be happy, right? :P

I feel like the clown's a little big to be hosted by a hammer.. But she hasn't really hurt it yet, right?

Potato FTS?

I1DJ6Pc.jpg

The cute hitchhiking limpets that have taken over:

CU3mj5W.jpg

Monday's algae haul:

kpv3Pb5.jpg?1

The hitchhiking.. ball sponge? Seriously, gulf live rock is so great.

JlhSgLc.jpg

Hitchhiking bivalve still going strong:

StyGOGB.jpg

More pictures in a bit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will not buy more corals.

I will not buy more corals.

...But if there's a sale I may pick up a cadlights pls-50 and mod it to fit.

Birthday presents to self.

The skimmer's eluding me, but I had $15 store credit at BRS so I picked up a doser and it wound up $27 off :P I need better control over alk dosing, so the jebao can sit in my basement until I've got a tank large enough (with high enough usage) to warrant using that fast a pump..

Edit: Oh man, it already shipped. :happydance:

Actually, the BRS doser and my SS's presents from MD sent me shipment confirmation e-mails fifteen minutes apart this morning. Beautiful. :wub:

Also a big fan of these ridiculous shipment messages:

Your aquarium supplies have been carefully picked from Marine Depot's shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with unicorn fur. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's Elves who work with us during their off-season prepared your order for shipment.

Your products were methodically placed in each box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of tweezers, we placed hundreds of packing peanuts one-by-one into every nook and cranny to ensure safe transport. We are proud to share with you that our packing peanuts are reusable, recyclable, biodegradable and made using 100% recycled content. They also do not trigger peanut allergies. Eat your heart out, Mr. Peanut.

What are these?

Are they really those colors or is that just some refraction or lighting going one?

The red-pink in the middle is there, but the blue is refraction from the lights - the dusters are actually white, almost yellow.

Actually here:

UlC7wyB.jpg

Hmm... Think I'm gonna need me summa doze! :)

Bwahaha I'll put it on your list! Just gotta figure out how to dremel them off the rock, because they hitchhiked in big time :P

Wait, refresh my memory. Purple haze frag, these dusters, and what else? All I can remember is I gotta have those micro brittle stars :wub:

So MD doesn't have the PLS-50 skimmer, and won't for a while...

So I may have spent that money on corals from the LC sale.

At least I got the cyphastrea up on the back wall now, right? And did some cleaning? Oh boy.

I mean, I'm not proud. My wallet definitely isn't. But it was a live sale! And now I have something to look forward to on Wednesday :)

Plus I found out we do have Bayer Complete Inset Killer in the garage somewhere, so forget this RPS All-Out knockoff.

Anyway, here are the culprits: Should I label these?

WZvmecG.jpg

dyHppkX.jpg

KBKqFjH.jpg

kWbi7gz.jpg

9f4bPQb.jpg

qFC9Ww6.jpg

cFhbVD5.jpg

XmAjHQq.jpg

qvmfSlD.jpg

IrLGmXR.jpg

WyAbSUv.jpg

wp5hDqc.jpg

bIFOL28.jpg

8T2bQy2.jpg

V0loLJ3.jpg

iFXlviY.jpg

I'm not even going to try to narrow down which of these were WYSIWYG and which are stock frags. Just.. Good job, Maria.

So of course, by the time I got around to a FTS the lights had begun to ramp down JUST ENOUGH TO MESS WITH ME. This looks like a purple, coralline-filled mess. Because it is a purple, coralline-filled mess. Scraper's in the mail :happydance:

xvqzSMy.jpg

The spongodes is encrusting even further, which is nice c:

9dSpibn.jpg

Wish me luck getting this to pull a Veng:

MCWIIqr.jpg

Cute acans I forgot about, plate being nice, snail eggs on the wall, and glorious bubble algae:

NPgaLlJ.jpg

More of the plate being nice:

5NbQyXB.jpg

Purple haze coral looking sufficiently browned out?

y3qpVHL.jpg

Hitchhiker coral:

1EDRhxn.jpg

Favia? from last year's LC sale, tiny orange plate being cute in the background:

3cKiADl.jpg

Oculina hitchhiker:

XB8U91Z.jpg

Once more, with feeling:

WfEXfM9.jpg

Another old LC coral. Nope, I didn't do the best with these :P

iiRfBn3.jpg

The clam being cute:

5BM0IoM.jpg

Still cute:

Cbqtnc2.jpg

RFA trying to eat.. something?

jrbuvDO.jpg

Seriously, it just.. does what it wants.

aWyChDD.jpg

Wish me luck with this, too:

4BrTkaG.jpg

They're just so bright!

wZXmaNQ.jpg

Caps in the background, upset with me for waiting so long to do a water change and not feeding the clown enough:

9pONyed.jpg

Also pretty sure these were from last year's LC live sale?

aHER2zU.jpg

Definitely from last year's sale, along with the pale purple micromussa that blends in with the coralline:

9rCk2cq.jpg

Like so:

mH0rMSZ.jpg

Legit so bright:

39EwuLI.jpg

So MD doesn't have the PLS-50 skimmer, and won't for a while...

I wanted to buy mine from MD but ran into the same problem. I ended up buying one off Amazon instead.

Archived