Cultivated Reef

Okay, fine! (Fusion 20)

Mariaface

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put up a livestream if you're staying home, so we can all be jealous at work.

Brb, googling how one does this, I guess?

I was using the instalively app direct to my youtube account. I think that might only work on android, and there's another one called Live on YouTube - not sure if that's Android only. If you have iphone, there is Live Now and also some other miracast apps that do it.

Oh no. Will they ship you a replacement, or just credit you for the fish?

Looks like a refund's happening. For a reship, they'd want to wait out the 14 day guarantee in case any of the other fish didn't make it.

I figure if that does happen, I'll have those reshipped. In the meantime, I'd like all the fish to be in observation/medication in similar time frames so no one has to go through a prophylactic treatment twice, you know? Observe for a week and get them eating and active, medicate (the wrasse for sure came in with a worm twice as long as the fish is but at least it's out right?), observe another two weeks after all signs of illness are gone, and add the fish to the Fusion tank in stages.

Nano sapiens

The ORA mated Yellow-Lined Gobies are a nice edition. They grow fairly quickly, so in a few months you'll be able to see them better.

I wish I still had the pair, but now I just have a really fat momma (not sure where the male disappeared to).

angelascott1999

I'm so sorry I'm very very new to all this but I'm doing really tank been established for almost 18mth everyone is doing AWSOME and growing and happy...

My question can the Diamond Golby if in solitary (only Golby ) could become A sexual ? Her/it's belly is looking very pregnant and I watch these fish everyday I love them and I would have noticed weight gain and growing but this is different !!! Can anyone help me with that ?? Greatly appreciate

In my other two salt tanks I couldn't keep a diamond Golby in the tank I always found them on the floor somewhere around the tank, idk why but I've also had one clown fish the domanite one just jump out on night to but never in my tank in my room very wired maybe they think the water is bluer on the other side

I'm so sorry I'm very very new to all this but I'm doing really tank been established for almost 18mth everyone is doing AWSOME and growing and happy...

My question can the Diamond Golby if in solitary (only Golby ) could become A sexual ? Her/it's belly is looking very pregnant and I watch these fish everyday I love them and I would have noticed weight gain and growing but this is different !!! Can anyone help me with that ?? Greatly appreciate

Hey! Not sure why you posted here instead of the forums for questions, but you may want to repost there for better visibility - my thread's not popular at all :P

Eggs can be developed without a male around - they usually get fertilized after they leave the fish, not like with humans :P At least I don't think these guys are livebearers? However, you may want to be on the lookout for stringy fish poop. Internal parasites like worms can have a similar visible effect, and you wouldn't notice it until the fish began to lose weight regardless of eating a ton.

In my other two salt tanks I couldn't keep a diamond Golby in the tank I always found them on the floor somewhere around the tank, idk why but I've also had one clown fish the domanite one just jump out on night to but never in my tank in my room very wired maybe they think the water is bluer on the other side

Fish will jump. You should always keep a lid unless you're 100% confident they won't. My clown has no interest in the top water line, and I didn't have a lid (Nuvo 16 lid quite literally shattered into and around the tank in tiny pieces) for a while until I got this new tank. I keep the lid on now regardless.

It's said that the very edges of the tank are what you should look out for, since that's the biggest escape route. I imagine the fish will dart along the glass trying to get across, and in the ocean a very good way around an obstacle is above it, where you know there's water to swim through. Unfortunately, 'above' and 'across' the aquarium glass is just some very unforgiving carpet/hardwood.

angelascott1999

Yes very true I have one clown that breaches the top and sometimes my leopard wras will breach but there's lids on all of the now

Okay! I got a little bit busy with real life. Actually, still am.

I have a question for you guys: What do I do if one of these gobies is chasing the other one around? They seem to be totally fine when they don't see each other, but one of them has taken on a very pale coloration and gets chased around by the other. Not so sure this is a bonded pair anymore?

Nano sapiens

I have a question for you guys: What do I do if one of these gobies is chasing the other one around? They seem to be totally fine when they don't see each other, but one of them has taken on a very pale coloration and gets chased around by the other. Not so sure this is a bonded pair anymore?

My pair took a few weeks to 'rebond', so hope that'll happen in your case, too. I think the new location/territory is what triggers the "This is mine, all mine!" response until they decide to snuggle up and get cozy.

My pair took a few weeks to 'rebond', so hope that'll happen in your case, too. I think the new location/territory is what triggers the "This is mine, all mine!" response until they decide to snuggle up and get cozy.

Well! In that case, I suppose I'll need a lot more hiding places in the QT tank? I don't want to compromise any medications or the filtration, but I may have to make it a lot more cluttered in there.

Nano sapiens

Well! In that case, I suppose I'll need a lot more hiding places in the QT tank? I don't want to compromise any medications or the filtration, but I may have to make it a lot more cluttered in there.

A bunch of small diameter PVC tubes would likely help.

Good news, everyone!

They were actually sitting next to each other with minimal darting today. Cuties. Hopefully the paler one will regain color soon, and I caught them eating their pellets like good little fishies!

The wrasse did come in extremely shy and with top and bottom fins clamped (as well as a worm in his shipping bag). Since arriving and with some PraziPro in the tank, the fins are less clamped and it'll actually come out to explore while people are in the room and the lights are on. c:

Wait, there was a worm in the fish bag? What kind of worm... Now that you MUST have taken a photo of...

Uhhh...

:blush:

I'm sorry!

EDIT: Tried to google 'saltwater fish internal parasites' to get you a similar photo. Never google searching that again. Oh god.

Now I'm looking at the rocks thinking they just look SO AWKWARD.

So I'm sorry, clam buddy, but there's gonna be some shuffling in the tank this weekend.

I sure hope page six gets some pics!!!!! ;)

Well, it won't if you keep pushing towards page 7 with replies! :P

JK please keep posting it makes me feel important

Step 1: use your cellphone to take a picture (preferably of the aquarium, but at this point, anything will do)

Step 2: post your picture

Let's review...

Things you'll need:

• a smartphone

or

• a digital camera and a computer

Things you don't need:

• more time

Get 'er done!

:P

Oh my god :P

This probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I took crappy pictures with the T3i and they're sitting in a memory card. Like, they're really bad. I need to find a light to put over the quarantine tank, maybe?

Archived