ReefCleaners.org

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

HarryPotter

Hanging light. White drywall plastic anchor into ceiling. Then put included screw through the hanging kit base and into the white anchor. Done. Each holds 50lbs.

NOTE: BLUE PAPER DEPICTS HANGING KIT BASE.

59B37E4A-7154-465D-8DD4-93A0727D1C4C_zps

• Like 1

If it helps any in terms of picturing the amount of rock, I have 38 lbs in my 40B. 28 lbs of that is KPA cured live rock and then 10 lbs is Real Reef rock.

I love that little jellyfish air plant! Did it come with the cute stand too?

• Like 1

If it helps any in terms of picturing the amount of rock, I have 38 lbs in my 40B. 28 lbs of that is KPA cured live rock and then 10 lbs is Real Reef rock.

I love that little jellyfish air plant! Did it come with the cute stand too?

Ok, I just got home and I'll have to look. I need a reference. Spatially/visually I'm not as good with the amounts of things, like I know a bag of frozen green beans is 16 ozs , a pound. I can visualize that but in this case visualizing green beans in the tank doesn't work! ha ha ha. Yeah, it did come with the stand. It's just the cutest.

All so beautiful. And not just the news and tank etc...I can tell you have a beautiful soul

Thank You. It's interesting what comes out in writing, I don't even think of it, I just try to stay real with my feelings and this group and hobby have helped me move on with life, really have.

• Like 3

Yeah I have a hard time visualizing amounts of rock too. This might help (ignore how messy the photos are, these were right when I was transferring my tank and it was still a mess):

Here is my 40B with just the 28 lbs of live rock from KPA.

IMG_2947.jpg

Here it is once I added the 10 lbs of Real Reef rock.

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

• Like 1

I just emailed my neighbor asking if he has a 1/8 and 9/16 drill bit and if I could borrow him for like 20 mins of his time tomorrow or the next day, showed him pics of what I have, the light, the wires, the ferrule & stop kit and the pic at the ceiling how it looks when done, ty Felicia for the pic and a pic of what the light looks like when up.

I'm going to go now to order the rock. I am going to do 40. I can always sell a rock or 2 if I need to. I don't know how yet I'm going to landscape but I was thinking of having spokes, like if you open your hand with fingers apart in a wave. Just like 4 spokes or something, I dunno, just thinking, with some main big pieces at the center. But I could just be talkin' because I won't really know until I get the rock.

But I was thinking then nems could be situated between the spokes. I don't know.

• Like 1

All that is really needed is a small drill bit. Most home owners will not have a 9/16 bit. The bigger bit is for a toggle if not into a stud and a smaller bit will work just fine as it is sheetrock and is easy to wobble the bit around and make the hole bigger.

Wish you well with the hanging and looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

• Like 3

All that is really needed is a small drill bit. Most home owners will not have a 9/16 bit. The bigger bit is for a toggle if not into a stud and a smaller bit will work just fine as it is sheetrock and is easy to wobble the bit around and make the hole bigger.

Yeah I didn't have a big enough drill bit on hand for those hooks, so I just used the biggest one I had and moved it around in the hole to widen the hole enough. Easy peasy! :)

• Like 2

Yeh, I just went with what the back of the package of the hooks said , if the 1/8" drill goes through plaster or wallboard then redrill the hole to 9/16.

I just sent Dan an email for 35 lbs of Gulf Live Rock for rocks larger than grapefruits and unique shapes. I also gave him this picture of how the rock in my 34 looked, so I can stand them on end, etc.

370_zpsbef1ca71.jpg

• Like 1

I emailed Sun night, nothing yet for a quote from Gulf Live Rock. And my neighbor delayed helping me w/ the light until tomorrow. I measured and the stupid air vent is in the way so 1) I will need to shut it anyway now for dust not to go on the tank, light & fans but 2) I'll have to move it slightly ahead or behind center. Which is preferable? I'm thinking slightly ahead rather than back.

I emailed Sun night, nothing yet for a quote from Gulf Live Rock. And my neighbor delayed helping me w/ the light until tomorrow. I measured and the stupid air vent is in the way so 1) I will need to shut it anyway now for dust not to go on the tank, light & fans but 2) I'll have to move it slightly ahead or behind center. Which is preferable? I'm thinking slightly ahead rather than back.

Is Gulf Live Rock the company that you have to pick up the rock from the airport? There's one company like that and their rock sounds amazing but they don't deliver to the house.

Nice. :angry: Neighbor stood me up and I have rock coming Fri or Sat so I need the light up so I can fill the tank up and not vice versa as it's hard to put a light up when you can't stand where you need to. Have to ask a friend now at work. The other day he said he ended up working late from home and his phone died. Uh, I live in the townhouse next door. Your door is 8 ft from mine! "I can most definitely do it tomorrow! To which I responded "Great. It won't take long. I don't know anyone with a drill. Ty". And have heard nothing via text or email. You know if you don't want to help, just say it. Really, I'm not a bitchy woman and I'm not demanding either.

Just leave a bag of flaming dog shit on his porch :lol: That really sucks as like you said it is not a hard project and I am always willing to help out my neighbors if I can.

Hopefully you get this up before the rock shows......

I know, right? Worst comes to worst I'll still the rock in the heated, salted water in the Brute. And it's in the kitchen w/ an overhead light.

I'd even buy a drill but I can't see what else I'd need it for so don't want to buy one. I just spent 2270 on my car the previous week unexpectedly and still have another 1200 or so of repairs to go (the head gasket and timing belt) on my 2007 Subaru Outback. That purchase went on credit card. I did just get some money back from the IRS so I put a little in my Pay Pal account since I worked for it and it's to pay for some rfas/leathers/macro/gorgs. The rest goes to my mother who helped me w/ the closing costs for my town home and flooring.

• Like 1

Yes I do as most of the tools I own were purchased so I did not have to borrow them.

If it comes down to it you could probably just find a chorded drill for cheap. Just get a few bits and you are good to go.

Annette, this is why you should get your own drill! I'm super impatient and hate relying on other people so I just do it myself! Plus, everyone needs a drill! When I moved into my apartment, my dad bought me a drill and was like, "Here you go! You'll need this!" :)

• Like 1

Annette, this is why you should get your own drill! I'm super impatient and hate relying on other people so I just do it myself! Plus, everyone needs a drill! When I moved into my apartment, my dad bought me a drill and was like, "Here you go! You'll need this!" :)

Well, I have a tool, I guess you could call it a drill, just not that kind. :D It won't quite help me with reefing. :o:rolleyes: Ladies do have to depend on ourselves. What??? My husband died 3.75 yrs ago and I never used the Dremel until he passed. And you're right Felicia, I needed that pep talk. I need to go to Lowes & just buy a cheapy.

And don't nobody go quoting it in your thread. Sometimes I do say funny things.

• Like 5

If you have a dremel it can work as a drill also. They do make small drill bits for it and as stated earlier if just sheetrock it will buzz right through it.

• Like 1

If you have a dremel it can work as a drill also. They do make small drill bits for it and as stated earlier if just sheetrock it will buzz right through it.

I may have to check that first. I didn't know they had that.

• Like 2

Yeah, us reefing women have to get by without needing a man! I'm all for tackling any home projects or reef projects myself. Power tools are really not hard to learn to use and shouldn't be intimidating. Its funny because I only have a little one bedroom apartment and no garage or anything, so I can't have many big tools, but I've got quite the collection of drills, dremmels, drill bits, wrenches, hammers, screw drivers, levels, measuring tape, etc etc. I've actually had to loan tools to my apartment's maintenance guys on numerous occasions because even with their tool belts and such, they don't always have what they need! :lol: I am also super lucky because the city I live in (Berkeley) has a tool lending library that associated with the public library. As long as you have a city of Berkeley library card, you can go in and check out whatever you need for free. They have EVERYTHING! Table saws, jigsaws, drills, drimmels, clamps, files, rakes, shovels, ladders, and on and on! Its a great resource! They'll also show you how to use anything and are super friendly. I'm always up for tackling a new power tool. My latest adventure was an angle grinder! I drive a moped and the big cable lock that I use to lock it up at night jammed and I had to cut it off. Its a thick cable of braided metal wire, so I went to town on it with an angle grinder from the tool lending library. It made TONS of sparks and I felt very bad @$$. :D You should embrace the power tools!

• Like 6

ha ha... It made TONS of sparks and I felt very bad @$$. :D You should embrace the power tools!

Love that statement!!!

Here's an action shot back when I was making the 10g fuge for my 34g Maiden's Voyage. Had water on it, etc. The glass wasn't true so I had to fix it.
032_zps1075e9cb.jpg
  • Like 4