Pod Your Reef

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

I just deleted all the new photos instead of quoting to bring them over to the new page ???

The M&Ms are great! Started with pretzel, then moved to dark chocolate almond- way too good.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Thanks!

Yes I am but IMO it hasn't done a thing! Tried the double dose they recommended for weeks with zero effect. I added chemiclean yesterday for the cyano.

Oh come on harold, you know that products like this require you to use them for the rest of your life to have an effect, just gotta keep dosing and dosing and dosing....

;)

• Like 2

Oh come on harold, you know that products like this require you to use them for the rest of your life to have an effect, just gotta keep dosing and dosing and dosing....

;)

Haha their product line seems BS to me now... everyone who claims it helped has also revived their tank maintenance or something. Placebo?

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Haha their product line seems BS to me now... everyone who claims it helped has also revived their tank maintenance or something. Placebo?

It's the new Eco Aqualyzer ;)

• Like 1

Tank looks great, Harry! Looks like your algae problem is no longer a problem :).

Thanks! I accidentally deleted all the photos I posted earlier, here's a full tank shot ?

IMG_0046_zpsmfebwwk3.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit MIA, here's an iPhone photo! Will get out the DSLR this weekend so you can have some color balance.

Nuisance algaes are dying off, chemiclean cleaned up the cyano along with the addition of another PP4, etc. polyp extension is unreal at night- looks alienesque.

Currently I'm working on the aptasia issue, which is kicking my butt. Filling them up with Aptasia-X does nothing!

3BC83036-162C-47B1-9753-DB8CC5909953_zps

• Like 10

Still Iphone but a little color balance so less blue!

1DA4AA29-549B-44ED-8014-8E6F3D0FD90F_zps

You can easily see things are growing!!!

Thanks! Yeah the corals, especially SPS, and going nuts! It's fun

• Like 4

Yesterday I did a lot! Will take pictures as soon as I can find an SD card. I wanted to mount more acros because I had a few gorgeous ones on the rack so I added some fresh reef cleaners to make more "high ground".

One coral I was surprised that looked great was the Katropora! It was totally brown, but after a year in my tank it's colored up really nice. No growth, I might razor the tip to encourage it to branch

• Like 1

I've been a bit MIA, here's an iPhone photo! Will get out the DSLR this weekend so you can have some color balance.

Nuisance algaes are dying off, chemiclean cleaned up the cyano along with the addition of another PP4, etc. polyp extension is unreal at night- looks alienesque.

Currently I'm working on the aptasia issue, which is kicking my butt. Filling them up with Aptasia-X does nothing!

3BC83036-162C-47B1-9753-DB8CC5909953_zps

wow the tank looks awesome harry!!!! What bulb combo are you running?

Colors are wonderful, great extension, they look happy.

Thanks FlowerMama! I didn't take many RFA photos because the angle but they're doing well too, no babies though.

Dang man looking great! Did you struggle with Hair Algae?

No, I've never had hair algae due to low nutrients. I get cyanobacteria, dinos, gelidium, and bubble algae occasionally (or all at once) but once I feed more it tends to go away.

• Like 1

Ahh I see. I went home for a few days for Christmas vacation and my tank grew the HA like crazy. Good to know your tank is doing well though!

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350