SaltCritters.com

KG's Fusion 10 - A Rare Update

kguske2

If it is a fish that hides I am sure it has eaten. Where did you get PJ from? LFS or mail order?

I have a goby who I almost never see and has been in the tank since day 1 as it was the first fish in there. It does not even come out when it is feeding time. But still kicking I see it in the rocks all the time hiding.

Oh yea he hides all the time. Got him from KP Aquatics

I very rarely see Fitzgerald, the pink streaked wrasse, eating. He comes out and cruises around the tank, but usually not at feeding time.

Hopefully that's what he's doing! He very rarely leaves his rock hole, but that's to be expected of a basslet and new to the tank. Just wish I could witness him eating to put my mind at ease
  • Like 2

Oh yea he hides all the time. Got him from KP Aquatics Hopefully that's what he's doing! He very rarely leaves his rock hole, but that's to be expected of a basslet and new to the tank. Just wish I could witness him eating to put my mind at ease

I have a basslet that has been in my tank a year and I've never seen him eat. He is FAT so I know he's eating something.
  • Like 2

How are the gorgonians doing buddy?

The sea feather ( I think) freebie is happy as can be, finally finished shedding its skin or whatever gorgonians have :lol: sea rod still has half its polyps out and half not. Hasn't looked nearly as good as it did since I took those pictures on the last page or so

• Like 1

Oh yea he hides all the time. Got him from KP Aquatics Hopefully that's what he's doing! He very rarely leaves his rock hole, but that's to be expected of a basslet and new to the tank. Just wish I could witness him eating to put my mind at ease

Woah! KP has swissguard basslets???? OMG

• Like 5

How's the tank going? Just got my fusion back up and running. Excited but just cycling now. Any new pics?

Everything's going as expected. So far I really like the tank, just waiting for the stand to arrive and then I have to move it to its final location in a different room, which I figure won't be difficult since it's so small. No new pics at the moment. Was supposed to get my new macro lens today but it got delayed in new yorks snow storm. Should get it tomorrow

:) You are a BAD influence

In the best of ways
  • Like 1

I've got the same lens in the older no-VC version, and love it. I figured I'd never miss it with the camera on a tripod for macro shots anyway. I'm interested to see if you're able to use it for handheld shots.

• Like 2

Man this lens is tough to use! :lol:

I've got the same lens in the older no-VC version, and love it. I figured I'd never miss it with the camera on a tripod for macro shots anyway. I'm interested to see if you're able to use it for handheld shots.

No handheld here. Unless I crank the iso way way up!

• Like 1

Man this lens is tough to use! :lol:

No handheld here. Unless I crank the iso way way up!

That's my experience too! I also found that if I use the remote shutter release it helps the camera stay more stable even on a tripod. If you don't have one, Amazon sells generic knockoffs for about $10.

• Like 1

Pm me a pic Kyle interested in seeing it. A phone pic is good enough.

Screw that just post one :P

Woah! KP has swissguard basslets???? OMG

Out of stock last time I looked :(

• Like 1

That's my experience too! I also found that if I use the remote shutter release it helps the camera stay more stable even on a tripod. If you don't have one, Amazon sells generic knockoffs for about $10.

Already got the Amazon one! And I have a more robust one (can't remember what they're called) that lets me set the shutter longer than 30 seconds. Use it for astrophotography. Tonight I just set the camera to take 2 seconds after I press the button. Gonna have to mess with the lens to get some good shots.

Screw that just post one :P

Out of stock last time I looked :(

Here's the sad gorg

FEFD382F-F7A8-4DBD-911A-6DDE69FDEBF7.jpg

And I believe I got the last one :)

• Like 4