Top Shelf Aquatics

KG's Fusion 10 - A Rare Update

kguske2

So this hobby has taught me many things. Most importantly, it constantly finds new ways to find things I'm not good at! aka video

Without further ado, the first video of KG's Fusion 10. complete with out of focus moments and a shot glass :):lol:

Enjoy, in all its glory

• Like 7

So this hobby has taught me many things. Most importantly, it constantly finds new ways to find things I'm not good at! aka video

Without further ado, the first video of KG's Fusion 10. complete with out of focus moments and a shot glass :):lol:

Enjoy, in all its glory

Better than Harrys first video :lol: Looked fine to me hell I am out of focus a lot also ;)

• Like 3

I like the simple setup. Do you do any water test to see if the water chemistry is stable?

I did test nitrates and ammonia when the cycle was finishing but since I haven't tested much. I should though as my two acros are showing some necrosis and testing might explain why. I normally test reactively rather than proactively. Bad habit for sure though
  • Like 1

Who wants to see some pictures, eerily similar to ones I just posted the other day, since its, you know, the same corals and all :lol:

25359599810_fd1e6c61ca_c.jpg

Can't get enough of this one

25660444115_7c1ab2402a_c.jpg

25634260946_0855f6c8f7_c.jpg

25634260056_05b65d043c_c.jpg

• Like 9

I liked the video :). what camera are you using? I've been thinking about getting a new camera since mine is so old that it doesn't even shoot video.

Tank looks great I liked the video alot :). What fish do you have?

Thanks. Right now I've just got the swissguard basslet. It just chills in a cave that unfortunately looks out to the back of the tank so I hardly see it. Usually if I turn off all pumps and leave the tank for a few minutes it will venture out into the open. As soon as pumps go back on, back to the cave it goes. Finding open swimming fish small enough for a 10g is a challenge!

Edit: Oh I've also got a little harlequin starfish that sticks its little tentacles out of the rock whenever food hits the water

I liked the video :). what camera are you using? I've been thinking about getting a new camera since mine is so old that it doesn't even shoot video.

Hoping to get better for the next one! Using a Canon T3i, that was with my tamron 90mm lens, which probably made it harder to shoot the video since its a macro lens. The pictures above were with the standard 18-55mm kit lens

• Like 1

Hoping to get better for the next one! Using a Canon T3i, that was with my tamron 90mm lens, which probably made it harder to shoot the video since its a macro lens. The pictures above were with the standard 18-55mm kit lens

I'm not familiar with the T3i but I'll check it out. I've also got the Tamron 90mm but shoot all of my pics just about exclusively with the stock lens these days. Since I'm not using a tripod it's too hard to hold the camera still enough for the macro lens. I've been thinking about getting a 60mm macro to see how it would do.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with the T3i but I'll check it out. I've also got the Tamron 90mm but shoot all of my pics just about exclusively with the stock lens these days. Since I'm not using a tripod it's too hard to hold the camera still enough for the macro lens. I've been thinking about getting a 60mm macro to see how it would do.

Wish I knew the differences between all the cameras, I chose the t3i when I got it two years ago because it had a swivel screen on the back and I read it was a good one for a first dslr. Agreed on the macro. With a tripod tank pictures are just a blur

:lol:

Nothing like 5 days behind. Can't use the normal excuse, this thread doesn't move that fast!
  • Like 1

Agreed. I think I may adjust my lighting schedule to have more. Right now its just all blues for the first and last hour of the cycle, might double it

I did the same....2 hours front and back.

• Like 2

Wish I knew the differences between all the cameras, I chose the t3i when I got it two years ago because it had a swivel screen on the back and I read it was a good one for a first dslr. Agreed on the macro. With a tripod tank pictures are just a blur

Nothing like 5 days behind. Can't use the normal excuse, this thread doesn't move that fast!

LOL! no, I have no excuse. Blond?

• Like 2

I did the same....2 hours front and back.

That's what I'm thinking. Except I forgot how to change the time and ramp settings on my light. So for now the schedule stays the same!
  • Like 1

That's what I'm thinking. Except I forgot how to change the time and ramp settings on my light. So for now the schedule stays the same!

Lol.....I have been wanting to change up the Crapion for the past........few months. Its a lot of work. Eh, maybe April.

• Like 1

Looking good.

What's going on in the back up this tank, how do you have it set up?

Thanks. First chamber is an Intank basket with, from top to bottom chamber, floss carbon floss. Second chamber is just the heater, neotherm 75, third chamber is stock return pump and micro smart ato
SouthFlorida_Tron

Lovely. Im ready to take the plunge at some point Im not lazy... my daughters 4gallon has wretched pre filtration and is the mere reason I'm upgrading... the damn return keeps getting clogged with nonsense and becomes a hassle every 2 weeks, but its just that its a pain to wiggle in and out of the small compartment!

Looking forward to this, seems like an easy peasy switch.

Lovely. Im ready to take the plunge at some point Im not lazy... my daughters 4gallon has wretched pre filtration and is the mere reason I'm upgrading... the damn return keeps getting clogged with nonsense and becomes a hassle every 2 weeks, but its just that its a pain to wiggle in and out of the small compartment!

Looking forward to this, seems like an easy peasy switch.

Yea I've been very happy with the tank so far. Each weekly water change I suck out all the water from the back chambers to try and remove any settled detritus that got pat the floss. So far no pump issues at all

And 4gal to 10gal means more room for zoas!

• Like 1