Cultivated Reef

KG's Fusion 10 - A Rare Update

kguske2

Looks great Kyle... Where you getting the fish from and when :) ? How do you take a picture of a white piece of paper in the tank?

Thanks. Going to try and pick them up the next time I'm in Nashville at the lfs since the lfs here seems no bueno and online prices are so damn expensive for little bitty fish. Thinking I'll be in Nashville in the next two weeks
  • Like 2

So here it is. Tank is finally in place and ready to rock. Still struggling to get the pictures not to look washed out/so dull but here's the first FTS

KG's Fusion 10

24898269419_759d033fc2_b.jpg

25172778481_25f796e677_b.jpg

25265933255_5731105a3f_b.jpg

Wow, it looks great! I think the white balance actually looks pretty good as it, by the way :)

• Like 3

So here it is. Tank is finally in place and ready to rock. Still struggling to get the pictures not to look washed out/so dull but here's the first FTS

KG's Fusion 10

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but what are the dark branching things on the right of the tank? I like the looks of that.

• Like 1

Wow, it looks great! I think the white balance actually looks pretty good as it, by the way :)

Thanks! I think the coloring looks good, but the tank looks much brighter in person. Struggling to capture that in pictures without blowing it out. But I think part of that may be how white the rocks are at the moment

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but what are the dark branching things on the right of the tank? I like the looks of that.

Gorgonians. The one in front is a purple sea rod, and behind that is a sea whip (I think, it was a freebie so I'm not 100%)
  • Like 3

Thanks! I think the coloring looks good, but the tank looks much brighter in person. Struggling to capture that in pictures without blowing it out. But I think part of that may be how white the rocks are at the moment Gorgonians. The one in front is a purple sea rod, and behind that is a sea whip (I think, it was a freebie so I'm not 100%)

Even after the rocks get darker the sand still blows it out :(

I manually set the exposure down at least one stop, and sometimes as much as three or four. Cameras have a really hard time figuring out the right autoexposure setting with blue lights.

• Like 2

KG's Fusion 10

Pictures look pretty damn good to me. Awesome tank by the way.

• Like 2

This.....from the one who is named after a dog

:^ )

:lol: Who doesn't want to be named after a dog? Dogs have the best lives ever ;)

• Like 1