ReefCleaners.org

KG's Fusion 10 - A Rare Update

kguske2

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ya, pretty much lol...

Thats really the only reason for my change... there is no pre filter. water simply flows into the back, through the chambers and into the return pump and it gets clogged and next thing i know, the water isn't even flowing into the top grate skimmer lol

I fear one day ill wake up and the pump died! omgomgomg

and considering i already have a light, stock, etc... id just need the media basket and more water haha.

Ive been hearing it could use an extra powerhead... at the moment, i just let the return circulate the display, is the stock return on the IM10 sufficient for display flow or there are plenty of dead spots?

Ya, pretty much lol...

Thats really the only reason for my change... there is no pre filter. water simply flows into the back, through the chambers and into the return pump and it gets clogged and next thing i know, the water isn't even flowing into the top grate skimmer lol

I fear one day ill wake up and the pump died! omgomgomg

and considering i already have a light, stock, etc... id just need the media basket and more water haha.

Ive been hearing it could use an extra powerhead... at the moment, i just let the return circulate the display, is the stock return on the IM10 sufficient for display flow or there are plenty of dead spots?

Hmmm. I have an mp10 running at like 30% but I've left it off for a few days at a time and didn't notice any large dead spots. I will say the return pump moved water much faster than I expected. I was thinking it would trickle out but I bet I could get it to shoot over the front glass if I angled it upward. Not that that helps any :lol:
SouthFlorida_Tron

Hmmm. I have an mp10 running at like 30% but I've left it off for a few days at a time and didn't notice any large dead spots. I will say the return pump moved water much faster than I expected. I was thinking it would trickle out but I bet I could get it to shoot over the front glass if I angled it upward. Not that that helps any :lol:

thats the second person that says they use an mp10... i guess i could order one of the new quiet drives for my CAD34 and use my old mp10 for the IM10...

thats the second person that says they use an mp10... i guess i could order one of the new quiet drives for my CAD34 and use my old mp10 for the IM10...

It's beyond overkill for a tank this size, and a smaller pump would certainly do the job. Downgrading from a system with a sump made spoiled me and made me want to keep cords out of the tank and everything hidden in the back chambers as much as possible so the mp10 fits the bill. I have the quiet drive and it's definitely quiet. Loudest thing on the tank is the fan for the light

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

I dont do cords bro.... I tried a nano tunze once and the cord was awful... Maybe ill try one of those knockoff ones, what are they called... the chinese mp10 ..... crap can't remember...

I dont do cords bro.... I tried a nano tunze once and the cord was awful... Maybe ill try one of those knockoff ones, what are they called... the chinese mp10 ..... crap can't remember...

I didn't think there was a mp10 knockoff. I know jebao made knockoffs of the tunze, but that still has cord in the tank

Is there an MP40 knock off?

Oh crap. I thought it was more like an mp10... Blah

I know Jebao makes the rw4 and rw8 which look similar to Ecotech's, and have a controller with a couple different settings and intensity, but cord still inside the tank. Then they have the wp40, which looks similar to a Tunze Turbelle/nanostream

Fish ordered. omgomgomg:happydance:

Oh come on, don't leave us hanging!

Who wants to see some pictures, eerily similar to ones I just posted the other day, since its, you know, the same corals and all :lol:

25359599810_fd1e6c61ca_c.jpg

Can't get enough of this one

25660444115_7c1ab2402a_c.jpg

25634260946_0855f6c8f7_c.jpg

25634260056_05b65d043c_c.jpg

These look awesome and deserve to be on a new page. I have lousy memory so I have no complaints if you want to post pictures of the same corals every two days, they still look great! ;)

• Like 1

What is it?

I ordered from KP last night so am anxiously waiting..........

KP orders are always nice!

Oh come on, don't leave us hanging!

These look awesome and deserve to be on a new page. I have lousy memory so I have no complaints if you want to post pictures of the same corals every two days, they still look great! ;)

Thanks!

So I ordered a few things from LiveAquaria, my tank might be a little full next week. Always hated having so few fish in my cube, so going overboard here

1 Golden Sailfin Blenny

1 Black Barred Convict Goby

1 Pink Streaked Wrasse

1 Clownfish

:)

• Like 5

That's going to be a nice combination of fish! omgomgomg

Plus the swissguard basslet! Here's to them all getting along. Pretty sure they're all chill fish so hoping for the best.

• Like 2

I figure in this little 10 gallon I'll see it at least once a week fingerscrossed

They love to sit under rocks so make sure you have a little cave area.

• Like 2

Well shit. Swissguard basslet died while I was gone Saturday, running basic tests now. Worries me since I've got multiple fish coming this week

Edit: test results, nitrate 15-20, ammonia 0. Salinity at 1.026. Puzzled to say the least :wacko:

Is that crushed gravel? Not sure if I want to do crushed gravel or the reef flakes people talk about for my 40g I'll be starting soon. I used it in my tank w/ Gertie and my 10g, just you have to wash it soooo much, it never ends. But I want something for hopefully baby nems to grab hold of. That stinks about your basslet, They are pretty fish for sure.

• Like 1

Is that crushed gravel? Not sure if I want to do crushed gravel or the reef flakes people talk about for my 40g I'll be starting soon. I used it in my tank w/ Gertie and my 10g, just you have to wash it soooo much, it never ends. But I want something for hopefully baby nems to grab hold of. That stinks about your basslet, They are pretty fish for sure.

I have the Tropic Eden mesoflakes in this tank. A bit smaller than the reef flakes which I had in my previous tank. I liked them both a lot. Rinsed once and had very little cloudiness, which subsided within a day or so
  • Like 1

Well shit. Swissguard basslet died while I was gone Saturday, running basic tests now. Worries me since I've got multiple fish coming this week

Edit: test results, nitrate 15-20, ammonia 0. Salinity at 1.026. Puzzled to say the least :wacko:

That sucks! It was a cool looking fish, and from what I saw kinda expensive too... Is anything else in the tank suffering?

Let us know what you find out.

• Like 1

That sucks! It was a cool looking fish, and from what I saw kinda expensive too... Is anything else in the tank suffering?

Let us know what you find out.

Only other thing in the tank looking off is my sea rod gorg but it's been finicky since day 1. Lps are nice and open, zoas look fine. Not sure
  • Like 2

I would just change a bunch of water. Bet it was just the fish and nothing to do with the tank it's happened to me before.
  • Like 1