SaltCritters.com

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh I couldn't help myself. They had this little gem in the after sales event section. Added it to my order to be shipped with the rest.

Tyree Orange Setosa

08318fe4fc713400a76d006c0ffdedcf.jpg

HarryPotter

Best I can do with an iPhone :)

5df82bf6f7091f627e2b1769f9f7b27d.jpg

f4bd0c34733c75fb9f2a7ca7804064a4.jpg

f3894234dd4e26245b0f423755222582.jpg

1dd7cbdf5e44eccdc109703ba52ab968.jpg

517582c185f40dd3e697068e9fc7b3b7.jpg

e3e397af0278d5274ddc747676695a37.jpg

Everything looks great! I had trouble keeping rainbow montipora, well, rainbow, but yours looks sweet. Think you'll have to dose later on?

Everything looks great! I had trouble keeping rainbow montipora, well, rainbow, but yours looks sweet. Think you'll have to dose later on?

Haha most def.

I have a Hanna ca checker but it's way inconsistent. I can run the test 3 times and get 3 way different results. I ordered Red Sea pro ca and alk kits. They'll be in tomorrow.

Nice pictures. Better than most iPhone pics I've seen too.

Setosa is looking a little rough but it should cover up the sports fairly quickly.

Thanks Yeh it came in that way but has full PE.

Well the green cyphastrea I bought as my first piece has really taken on some cool colors. The polyps are deeper yellow in person.

f2e0586af2a653c74b4ed57b9c1775b3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Grizzly Adams Acro I got from the WWC live sale had browned out during shipping but is now starting to regain its color! The base is taking on a neon green hue. Hard to see in the cell phone pic but here it is none the less.

b27d640124653305a86f1bd286ee7259.jpg

I'm attributing this to only about two weeks of keeping my no3 at 2ppm.

I've been monitoring my po4 with a Hanna checker and always getting 0. I picked up a Red Sea pro po4 test kit and its reading 0.02ppm. Can't be unhappy with either result. :)

On the fish side of things I'm waiting on yet another tuxedo damsel to arrive from live aquaria. This is a beautiful fish that I just can't seem to keep alive for some reason. I've come up with a plan so I might be more successful. I purchased a fish breeder box to float in the tank. I'm going to isolate him in there so I can feed him food that will be soaked in prazi pro to fight internal parasites (this is what I suspect killed my first tuxedo). The breeder being clear will give him and my other two damsels an opportunity to meet without ww3 breaking out during the tuxedo's acclimation time. Once he seems adjusted to being in the tank, eaten food soaked in the prazi pro for about 5 days and the others ignore him I'll release him into the tank. Hope it works out this time. I know a full quarantine setup would be more ideal, but I don't really have a place to set one up and imo an unestablished, temporary qt would be far too stressful for any fish.

Cool! Love the stand. Nice clean build. The all damsel fish selection is a wicked idea. Following along!

Thanks! I know damsels get a bad wrap for being bullies, but that's not their fault, they can't choose their tank mates. :) these fish have loads of spunk and personality. Makes for a very lively tank for sure.

jedimasterben

Thanks! I know damsels get a bad wrap for being bullies, but that's not their fault, they can't choose their tank mates. :) these fish have loads of spunk and personality. Makes for a very lively tank for sure.

I don't think it is their fault for not choosing their tank mates, it is the aquarists' fault for picking fish that are more aggressive than they would like and then expect them be passive little angels :D

I don't think it is their fault for not choosing their tank mates, it is the aquarists' fault for picking fish that are more aggressive than they would like and then expect them be passive little angels :D

Exactly lol

Digging it. Good luck with the SPS. You've got some purdy ones for sure. That Monti Stellate is on my list of corals to get.

Digging it. Good luck with the SPS. You've got some purdy ones for sure. That Monti Stellate is on my list of corals to get.

Thanks!!

Haha most def.

I have a Hanna ca checker but it's way inconsistent. I can run the test 3 times and get 3 way different results. I ordered Red Sea pro ca and alk kits. They'll be in tomorrow.

I am about to get a test kit for alk and was going to get the hanna checker because of the accuracy. Now you are making me second guess…

I am about to get a test kit for alk and was going to get the hanna checker because of the accuracy. Now you are making me second guess…

Red Sea Pro Kits FTW

I'll sell you my Hannas if you aren't worried about consistency....

Archived