Cultivated Reef

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

nice big pack, from where?

Yourreef.com

Tanks looking good Travis! Notice any difference in growth/color on your sps from the light swap?

Thanks! Yes, growth and coloation has been great!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Travis :) Sweet Tank and Ride. Now that I see some encrusting corals I am liking them quite a bit.

Ur Tank is Sweet! I enjoy Zoas, will be watching this thread as it grows :)

Thanks!

Ive been maintaining my dkh at 10ppm with kalkwasser from my ato. All the stoney corals are encrusting and branching out nicely.

Yourreef.com

Thanks! Yes, growth and coloation has been great!

I've been eyeing up yourreef.com for an online order... be sure to take pictures!

I've been eyeing up yourreef.com for an online order... be sure to take pictures!

Yep sure will. This is my first order with them.

I also orded a clean up crew from reef cleaners. Was down to 4 astrias lol.

10ca3f3711b225e51e8d2f005dad38ee.jpg

069645825885d35c1fac0c0db5d1cad0.jpg

Well, so far so good! The frags were packed very well. The heat pack was still nice and warm.

The frags are nice and large. Easily 10+ polyps each. The zoas are on rubble glued to plugs. Should be very easy to pop the rubble off the plug. Im going to wait to do that and mount them after they settle in. Im going to line them up in the front so I can get you guys some pics :D

Please tell me you left work to acclimate frags lol

I live 2 miles from work. UPS delivers to the workplace at 9:30 AM. They deliver to my home at 7:00 PM. :D

Cencalfishguy56

I live 2 miles from work. UPS delivers to the workplace at 9:30 AM. They deliver to my home at 7:00 PM. :D

hell thats a steal of a deal!! Yes rush home lol
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep so it finally happened...

The float was dirty and it got stuck open so it filled to nearly to the top. Luckily this is an AIO tank so there wasn't that much to fill. My Apex alerted me to the drastic change in pH because I use kalkwasser. I jumped on to fusion (wasnt home) and noticed the ato pump was on. Because the switch was open. I immediately set the ato pump to off hoping it hadnt already overflowed the tank. Luckily it didnt.

Massive precipitation making it essentially snow inside the tank. It has now finally cleared. Nothing looks pissed surprisingly. Dkh jumped up to 12.8 from 9. Salinity went from 35ppt to 33ppt.

Lessoned learned. #### float switches. Just hooked up back up the IM ato with conductivity sensors.

Archived