Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

HarryPotter

Sexy man. Between the stand and lighting that's one of the most modern setups I've seen! Can't wait for your corals to grow in

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy man. Between the stand and lighting that's one of the most modern setups I've seen! Can't wait for your corals to grow in

Thanks dude! Yeh I think a big 10 or 20 piece zoa frag pack would finish off the tank as far as coral. Then just let it all grow.

In other news....

Finally set up a quick disconnect for my ATO reservoir.

fc3dab7a797eedd1619fb6f3963c3989.jpg

887903cacb5b7b94595caefef037e6c3.jpg

When disconnected the top section springs shut to prevent a back siphon and drips.

Thanks

I made my very first mix of kalkwasser in my ato reservoir last night. The pH is finally staying around 8.1. We'll see how the alk and ca do over this week. I mixed 8 tsp into 5 gallons of ro water. Might need to weaken it or strengthen it for the next time depending on what the levels do over this week. the max that will dissolve in 5g of water is 10 tsp.

Hey travis this is a beautiful build...awesome job. Do you like the AI's better than the T5's?

I absolutly LOVE these lights over the T5s. I couldn't find a bulb combo that i liked. I can dial these in to just tge right look im going for. Too early to tell if the corals will color up and or grow diferently.

Really nice tank ! Keep it going. I'm thinking of changin my lightning system... I've ATI 6x39w onto a fully SPS tank. I'm thinking of 2 or 3 AI prime.. just trying to get some feedback on SPS growth and colors..

Thanks!

No change in color or growth yet. It has only been a few weeks since I made the switch.

There are a ton of factors that go into growth and coloration though. Lighting is just 1 part of the equation.

• 2 weeks later...

your tank looks great!

i have a prime and acclimation mode is the business! i've been pushing my light to 50% on a similar spectrum to yours over the course of the next 2 months.

the way you just set the end result over a certain time period really couldn't be easier. truly set and forget it!

your tank looks great!

i have a prime and acclimation mode is the business! i've been pushing my light to 50% on a similar spectrum to yours over the course of the next 2 months.

the way you just set the end result over a certain time period really couldn't be easier. truly set and forget it!

Yep! The control on these Primes is amazing!
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived