Pod Your Reef

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

Looks really neat. A SPS reef you say? Make sure to do your dips!

For SPS you will most likely need more flow, check out my thread since I just posted a gif that shows the crazy movement a MP40 can make at 35% max!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's plenty of flow in there Harry. I have my tunzes setup with the apex left side on for an hour then both for an hour then just the right on for an hour then back to center then left then center then, well you get the point lol

The sand I have is larger than Carib sea special grade and the tunzes are whipping it up.

There's plenty of flow in there Harry. I have my tunzes setup with the apex left side on for an hour then both for an hour then just the right on for an hour then back to center then left then center then, well you get the point lol

The sand I have is larger than Carib sea special grade and the tunzes are whipping it up.

My bad, didn't see any of the pumps in the last photo since they match the background so well! Sounds good

Great idea with the damsels, gonna look real natural once your tank is full of sps! Awesome build overall.. that stand!! :wub:

Btw, I am going the marine pure route too, I got a block, but have not placed it in my sump yet. I was gonna cut off a chunk for my buddy first, but he hasn't told me how big he needs. Maybe I should just put the whole block in, if what you say is true, about taking 6 months to colonize...

Was playing with GIFs, here ya go. Quality isn't great since its the free version but its still cool to watch

V3Zel2S8DaoJq.gif

Who's the little guy that starts in the center then goes to the right and flares up? Rolland's? Love him!

Great idea with the damsels, gonna look real natural once your tank is full of sps! Awesome build overall.. that stand!! :wub:

Btw, I am going the marine pure route too, I got a block, but have not placed it in my sump yet. I was gonna cut off a chunk for my buddy first, but he hasn't told me how big he needs. Maybe I should just put the whole block in, if what you say is true, about taking 6 months to colonize...

Thanks! Yeh I believe that is what they said in the BRS video a few weeks ago.

ben approves this message.

:D

Who's the little guy that starts in the center then goes to the right and flares up? Rolland's? Love him!

Yes it is the Rolland's. I didn't realize that it's lower two fins were a light baby blue. Really a beautiful fish.

Bad news yesterday though. The Tuxedo damsel passed yesterday. Not sure the real reason just that it seemed off from the start. Blue Zoo is issuing me a refund.

Prisonfood53

Great tank Travis I have one and love it. Will be following your progress.

I also work at a Metal shop but do the estimating/engineering work and I would charge about $400 on the low side for that stand. That's giving myself a 0% markup discount! If I was quoting that for a customer I would probably charge $700-$800 since it would be a one time build. Very nice work.

Yes it is the Rolland's. I didn't realize that it's lower two fins were a light baby blue. Really a beautiful fish.

Need more pics! :wub:

Sorry to hear about the tuxedo. :( Are you going to be adding any more?

Great tank Travis I have one and love it. Will be following your progress.

I also work at a Metal shop but do the estimating/engineering work and I would charge about $400 on the low side for that stand. That's giving myself a 0% markup discount! If I was quoting that for a customer I would probably charge $700-$800 since it would be a one time build. Very nice work.

Thanks.

Yeh I was thinking it should retail for around that price. I did all the cad, programming/nesting, and labor to get all the material to be ready to be welded.Had my co-worker do the welding after hours and through it onto the end of the powder coat line.

Need more pics! :wub:

Sorry to hear about the tuxedo. :( Are you going to be adding any more?

I'l work on some better pics tonight.

I am debating on whether I should or not. I wanted to add them all at the same time and let them hash it out. The Rolland's and the Sapphire seem to be in charge and the Azure and Talbot just keep in line. Not sure how things would shake up with another 1 or 2 considering the hierarchy has been established.

jedimasterben

Bad news yesterday though. The Tuxedo damsel passed yesterday. Not sure the real reason just that it seemed off from the start. Blue Zoo is issuing me a refund.

Blue Zoo does not give refunds, unfortunately, they only give credits, and under no circumstances do credits apply to shipping. You could have a $200 credit and order $160 in fish and still have to pay $40 shipping, despite still having $40 in credit.

I will not be making future purchases with Blue Zoo. I have lost approximately 14 damsels alone that were ordered from them, not counting the couple dozen fish that I lost when those damsels brought in brooklynella. Even when I went against my better judgement and gave them a third chance, all fish died in quarantine in less than a week.

Blue Zoo does not give refunds, unfortunately, they only give credits, and under no circumstances do credits apply to shipping. You could have a $200 credit and order $160 in fish and still have to pay $40 shipping, despite still having $40 in credit.

I will not be making future purchases with Blue Zoo. I have lost approximately 14 damsels alone that were ordered from them, not counting the couple dozen fish that I lost when those damsels brought in brooklynella. Even when I went against my better judgement and gave them a third chance, all fish died in quarantine in less than a week.

Well crap... I knew it was a store credit. I'm going to use it to order some fusion 2-part.

Yep Jedi you jinxed me...

The talbot and the azure were dead when I woke up this morning. The Rollands and Sapphire are doing very well. I don't think I would order fish from blue zoo again...

Checked Params this morning. Ammonia 0 no2 0 no3 20. I did a precautionary 5g water change anyways.

I don't want the Rollands and sapphire to claim the tank so I'll be ordering fish from liveaquaria for this week. Going to get a replacement for each that I have lost, azure, talbot, and tuxedo as well as a blue damsel. That will make for 6 fish in the tank.

Live aquaria has the fish marked as "medium" in size so that will match the size of the Rollands and sapphire.

jedimasterben

Yeh I'd love to get one but they are out of stock :(

They only put those in Diver's Den now, it seems, but they're the same price there. They have been getting loads of them, that is where mine came from, it is awesome :)

Oh man wish I would have waited to order! I got in a tuxedo, talbot, blue, and azure today.

The tuxedo is big, but really docile. Everyone is getting along.

Only two issues I see so far with the new fish. The blue keeps her mouth open, not moving just open. The second issue is the azure is small, I never have good luck with small fish. Hope it goes better this time.

Archived