Travis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Just incase you guys are wondering, I am still alive! Lol

7d6422d43736d2d5a94e1dcd6735822f.jpg

f5deec17541d1dcb09a09bbc15532edc.jpg

I replaced my two Tunze power heads with a Maxspect Gyre xf230. Running it center top on a 30% max random mode. LOVE this thing. It creates flow EVERYWHERE. the coral took a few days to adjust to the new flow patter/type but have adjusted nicely.

Looking good man!

You're running the gyre on the back wall in the center? I guess it's hitting the front glass, going down the front, then hitting the sand and going back towards the rock structure? I'm considering swapping out my mp10 since it's so damn loud.. lol

Thanks!

Yep that's exactly what its doing. These are loud too, but only at higher percentages. Mine is silent at the 30% max that its set at. 30% is plenty on this 45g.

• 1 month later...

I just read through this thread and damn I'm impressed! I wish I had the metal fab skills you do. How hard was the rescape as far as attached coral? I was partial to your initial scape and turtle island was pretty cool, but the newest scape looks like it has a bunch of nooks and crannies which is great for the fish. Did you ever end up making that top or did you change your mind after getting the primes?

I just read through this thread and damn I'm impressed! I wish I had the metal fab skills you do. How hard was the rescape as far as attached coral? I was partial to your initial scape and turtle island was pretty cool, but the newest scape looks like it has a bunch of nooks and crannies which is great for the fish. Did you ever end up making that top or did you change your mind after getting the primes?

Thanks! It wasn't too bad, just had to make sure I wasn't stacking rock on coral! lol. The dang acrylic ended up shattering in the mill, never tried again.

I have to admit I was partial to your first scape but it still looks great.

How many damsels are left?Which species?

0 left. The Starkii was "king" and killed everything. I re-homed him and started over. Current fish list: 2 Tomato Clowns, 1 blue/green reef chromis, and 1 sixline wrasse. All of these guys are healthy and get along so I don't know if I want to add more and mess that up lol.

Archived