inTank Media Baskets

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha. I will likely be taking the blimished one and set it up to transfer my 20g office tank. Set it up in a different room of my house. I'll have to build another stand though.

light mount looks amazing.

Thanks jr.

The graphic art on the new tank's box is completely different than the art on the original tank's box. I guess that marine depot had some old stock.

Giving marinepure a shot. I got in a block of it and cut it to fit different places in the back chambers.

f11ff1b8acb2ef41193210b8104a11e2.jpg

It acts like siporax and should keep my nitrates at 0. Takes about 6 months to colonize fully so I have read.

Giving marinepure a shot. I got in a block of it and cut it to fit different places in the back chambers.

f11ff1b8acb2ef41193210b8104a11e2.jpg

It acts like siporax and should keep my nitrates at 0. Takes about 6 months to colonize fully so I have read.

looks awesome in here. might try some of that to

So the bulbs came in.... :)

05b70314e0c4ff986f0fc898fe63bab7.jpg

Back

Ati Blue Plus

Ati Purple Plus

Ati Coral Plus

Ati Blue Plus

Front

I really like how this fixture has a set of bulbs in the middle on one cord and another for the front and back.

Well since I got my Hanna po4 checker 5 days ago, I can really say that I love this thing.

First check was at 0.32 ppm so I went ahead and put in my two small bags of chemi pure blue. I've tested a few times since and this morning it has gone down to 0.14! A little more ways to go but it'll get there.

One thing that most people don't think about, at least I didn't, when deciding on an aquarium controller like the Apex is the ability to graph out parameters over time. I've been tracking my phosphates, here is what it looks like.

2f275da00598e07bfee6b04edaa1579f.jpg

I think that the apex is going to make me a better reefer ;)

Improved data tracking makes everyone a better reefkeeper which is why I probably won't get an Apex. I know I'm a lazy ass when it comes to reekeeping and I don't need a computer to tell me so! Looks like you're headed in the right direction tho :)

@JR!

Well your tank with the painting your wife did was my inspiration! Lol.

@Harry

Thanks! The tubing was about $50, the panels maybe $60. Powdercoat, free, but would have costed an easy $50. And the handle latches where $20 each. And the foam pad on top cost me $25 at a local gasket shop.

So thinking about fish now. I'm really considering doing a damsel only tank. Chrysiptera damsels only. Live aquaria has a big selection of them.

I was thinking 5-7 of these guys. What do you all think about that?

Seems like everyone under 50g has very similar fishes. Going for something different.

No DOAs ? floating now.

faaccf6e10f31b168ad9b810ba7f6df8.jpg

dd9a3ec019b46a270cabba74a414cd6b.jpg

Super impressed with the packaging from blue zoo. 3 heat packs and a drip acclimation kit. Small pack of food and some sea hem stress guard!

d4b48493846d6141eeb9f58ac140a1e5.jpg

This was my first order with them and I can say without a doubt I would order again!

Really like this idea. Looking forward to seeing that Rollands more.

Yeh I figure since this going to be an SPS tank, these guys would look the most natural as they are all known for swimming through branches of SPS out on the reef.

Archived