ReefCleaners.org

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little update-

Cant get a good picture of the stag with my phone, but it seems to be doing just fine. Polyps are out all the time and they are holding a nice teal green color. At night I do notice the very tip of the coral has a different looking white polyp? I am guessing it is a feeder, but it extends like nuts at night.

Everything is looking just dandy.

Here is my AI Prime's current schedule. I increased the intensity just a bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3gi3zitmnjffcb/AI%20Setting-3.aip?dl=0

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-20%20at%209.55.4

Okay, please do not mind the brown algae in the front. Did a water change yesterday, and this grew over the course of 24hrs. I think it has to do with my increase lighting schedule. However, I will be picking up a skimmer this week so hopefully that will help me out.

All corals look fantastic, and I am proud to say that the acro (first one I have ever had) is looking really nice. I am so happy about this.. However, the elegance is starting to expand really big. I am afraid to say I might have to trade it in.. I love it, but it is taking up a huge amount of real estate. (OR maybe I can upgrade?? 20gal nuvo anyone?)

20160121_163127-1_zpsjkkkblos.jpg

20160121_163044_zpscgjicge2.jpg

20160121_163154_zpseudktez4.jpg

20160121_163242_zpsif7zsqr5.jpg

Maybe I can grab one a bit after I clean up the tank again. I need to go pick up more water and I think I am going to switch to ChemiPure Blue instead of elite. Maybe some phosphate remover too if my coral store has any. I really with I could make this a low nutrient system, but being a small tank I don't even know if that is possible. Skimmer will be ordered shortly.

I can leave you guys with this little pic I actually like a lot. You can see the coraline on the rock, and how large the yumas are back there. That stick is about 2.5". The orange yuma is about 3" across, and making babies.

20160121_163127_zpsinta6qvl.jpg

Full tank shot? :)

I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes and sps dominance tank.. I love my torch, but I am getting nervous about how close it will be to the birdsnest. The elegance on the bottom tried to eat a zombie snail this morning.. If I was not home, and the elegance did eat the snail, would the coral be ok? I have no idea if they eat snails in the wild.. I wonder if it would just dissolve the tissue, then purge the shell?

As far as the elegance and the snail....that seems to be exactly what they do. I've never had anything bad come of it except for the snail's fate ;).

I forget..is the green coral that your cardinal hangs around a favia???? I think that's my favorite thing in your tank! I want one exactly like that :).

As far as the elegance and the snail....that seems to be exactly what they do. I've never had anything bad come of it except for the snail's fate ;).

I forget..is the green coral that your cardinal hangs around a favia???? I think that's my favorite thing in your tank! I want one exactly like that :).

Yes it is a favia! One of the first corals to go in this tank, and the first one I have ever owned. Not aggressive at all and kind of just sits there. I hardly feed it too. I wanted to put it a little bit under the torch's rock, but the torch coral stings me. His tentacles stick to my skin and I swear I can feel a little bit of a tingle. So I am kinda scared to put my hand in that side of the tank lol.

Yes it is a favia! One of the first corals to go in this tank, and the first one I have ever owned. Not aggressive at all and kind of just sits there. I hardly feed it too. I wanted to put it a little bit under the torch's rock, but the torch coral stings me. His tentacles stick to my skin and I swear I can feel a little bit of a tingle. So I am kinda scared to put my hand in that side of the tank lol.

I'm really sensitive to coral as well!

Where did you get the favia? Online or local? I'll have to keep an eye out for one. That's great that it isn't aggressive :).

I get all my corals from one source, my local lfs. The other stores around me have corals, but I really don't trust them as far as disease and hitchhikers go. This particular lfs has been around for 17 years, and is owned by a married couple. I like to support local businesses when I can, so I always feel good buying from them.

There are favias out there that a far more colorful than mine, but I have never seen one grown in such a perfect ball, so I had to get it. From what I understand, favites are extremely aggressive, so make sure you can tell the difference between them when you shop around.

I'm really sensitive to coral as well!

Where did you get the favia? Online or local? I'll have to keep an eye out for one. That's great that it isn't aggressive :).

I get all my corals from one source, my local lfs. The other stores around me have corals, but I really don't trust them as far as disease and hitchhikers go. This particular lfs has been around for 17 years, and is owned by a married couple. I like to support local businesses when I can, so I always feel good buying from them.

There are favias out there that a far more colorful than mine, but I have never seen one grown in such a perfect ball, so I had to get it. From what I understand, favites are extremely aggressive, so make sure you can tell the difference between them when you shop around.

That green is a perfect shade of green :wub:. And that shape :wub:. It's seriously absolutely perfect in my eyes. Forget the more colorful ones :).

Thanks so much! I was thinking about getting rid of it to be honest. This tank is so small and I realized I really need to think about every addition..

That green is a perfect shade of green :wub:. And that shape :wub:. It's seriously absolutely perfect in my eyes. Forget the more colorful ones :).

Kinda aggravated right now.. I noticed a lot of coralline starting to grow on the back of the tank. I took my razor to scrape it off and I actually shaved off some of the black acrylic. Now I have a scratch on the back of the tank. It isn't too noticeable so Im not too disappointed, but it still sucks.

Now I have another reason to make these sticks grow faster! I need them to cover up the scratch!

Kinda aggravated right now.. I noticed a lot of coralline starting to grow on the back of the tank. I took my razor to scrape it off and I actually shaved off some of the black acrylic. Now I have a scratch on the back of the tank. It isn't too noticeable so Im not too disappointed, but it still sucks.

Now I have another reason to make these sticks grow faster! I need them to cover up the scratch!

I use an old credit card to clean both the glass and acrylic. Takes a little more force but dies the job

I can't fit my hand too much between the rock and glass so that wouldn't work.. but maybe I can make something to hold a credit card. I feel like anything can scratch the acrylic though. Not sure how people take coralline off the back of these tanks.

I use an old credit card to clean both the glass and acrylic. Takes a little more force but dies the job

Darn! I did that too at first but then learned to razor it.

The problem was the razor.. I think I need to try something else that is plastic. I like the credit card idea, but I need to make something that it would attach to. Or maybe Ill pick up a plastic scraper.

I was so upset about it I almost ordered another tank. The scratch is about 4-5" long.

Darn! I did that too at first but then learned to razor it.

The problem was the razor.. I think I need to try something else that is plastic. I like the credit card idea, but I need to make something that it would attach to. Or maybe Ill pick up a plastic scraper.

I was so upset about it I almost ordered another tank. The scratch is about 4-5" long.

You could perhaps use the razor AGAIN to hide the scratch- thinning the area around it and smoothing it down. Try that before ordering a new tank.

Maybe you could email IM and see if you could get a discount on another?

Hm.. Maybe.. However, now I am thinking about putting a really thin acrylic sheet on the back. I always wanted a tank with a lighter background, so I could order a white piece of acrylic, or maybe a subtle blue color and somehow put it on the back inside the tank. I would just have to cut out a piece where the overflow and return are.

Thats another weekend project though, college started back up last week and I am already stressing out. lol..

SO, I changed out the chemo pure the other day because I felt that the small amount I put in a few months ago was full of crap. I feel like the acro is really getting better than it was when I first got it. Can someone tell me if this looks like a stag? It was sold to me as a green/teal stag but it the polyps don't seem right to me? Im an amateur with sps though..

Also caught the elegance trying to get another snail. This time I was going to let it have its way, but the little snail pulled away hard. Cant believe it got away, the elegance had about seven tentacles wrapped around it. By the time I ran downstairs to get the camera, the snail really made a get away.

20160123_181130-1_zpslm5cz2nq.jpg

20160123_180247-1_zpsinim3g0c.jpg

Unknown Birdsnest

20160123_181117-1_zpsmwt2p6cz.jpg

20160123_181204-1_zps7eddzhbq.jpg

Thanks so much! I was thinking about getting rid of it to be honest. This tank is so small and I realized I really need to think about every addition..

I would sooooo buy it if you were shipping :D.

I would give it to you for the cost of shipping. However, I have NEVER shipped anything in my life. I would have to do some serious research before I did. It looks like you are from the furthest state from Rhode Island, haha.. I would probably have to wait for spring. Night time temps scare me.

I would sooooo buy it if you were shipping :D.

I would give it to you for the cost of shipping. However, I have NEVER shipped anything in my life. I would have to do some serious research before I did. It looks like you are from the furthest state from Rhode Island, haha.. I would probably have to wait for spring. Night time temps scare me.

If you decide you want to give it a try, just let me know. Shipping coral is actually pretty simple. It would definitely have to ship overnight though. Waiting for it to warm up is fine with me too. If you find a local that wants it, by all means do that. But I would definitely take it, and give it a good home, if not :).

Love your set up, very similar to myne! I'm going to try your AI prime settings, you should post them to the official thread!

Thanks alot!

Archived