Coral Vue Hydros

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HERE YA GO! Be nice, my new phone SUCKS at pics :P First day here with lights on and some natural light from window. As you see, I prefer white light rather than blue blue blue. Shots Video downloading now :)

20151125_124449_zps8afdpuen.jpg

HERE YA GO! Be nice, my new phone SUCKS at pics :P First day here with lights on and some natural light from window. As you see, I prefer white light rather than blue blue blue. Shots Video downloading now :)

20151125_124449_zps8afdpuen.jpg

Nice!! I almost got a yuma like this, but I was too slow and someone else bought it online! My pet peeve is super blue photos…

Btw, what phone did you get? I went from an iPhone to an android (free), and the camera is almost useless!

Nice!! I almost got a yuma like this, but I was too slow and someone else bought it online! My pet peeve is super blue photos…

Btw, what phone did you get? I went from an iPhone to an android (free), and the camera is almost useless!

Well I switched my carrier to MetroPCS. From a Samsung Galaxy 3, to the Samsung Core Prime. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 thats nice but Metro gave me a store credit for a new phone so I got the Prime for free. So far it is nice, but I can always switch to the other phone when I want. And the SG4 has a much better camera.

I am an android person with phones, and an apple person for Macs/ipads. Apple makes really nice products and my mac is the bomb! It works so well for a college student and I have never had a problem with it running slow (five year old lap top).

My coral store has a lot of yumas right now and they just got another shipment of coral yesterday (of course after I left, ugh). They are stocking up for black friday, and I hope to make a nice yuma rock by the weekend with at least three more. I always want to pick up some acans. CANT WAIT (but I have to.. ugh work)

Well I switched my carrier to MetroPCS. From a Samsung Galaxy 3, to the Samsung Core Prime. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 thats nice but Metro gave me a store credit for a new phone so I got the Prime for free. So far it is nice, but I can always switch to the other phone when I want. And the SG4 has a much better camera.

I am an android person with phones, and an apple person for Macs/ipads. Apple makes really nice products and my mac is the bomb! It works so well for a college student and I have never had a problem with it running slow (five year old lap top).

My coral store has a lot of yumas right now and they just got another shipment of coral yesterday (of course after I left, ugh). They are stocking up for black friday, and I hope to make a nice yuma rock by the weekend with at least three more. I always want to pick up some acans. CANT WAIT (but I have to.. ugh work)

Yeah, I'm a convert to Android, despite the crappy camera on my Nexus. Will look for a better camera on my next Android phone! My 4 yr old iPhone has a better camera than my current nexus phone! But I hear you, I got a Mac laptop that's probably 6 yr old now, and still does the job! I also use macs at work. :)

Gotta work to feed our addiction!

So fed the tank tonight and a zombie snail had an anemone of some kind on his back along for the ride. I have no idea how it got there since these snails live under the sand bed. I think the anemone is a ball anemone. He is neat and I fed him a little flake food.

DONT mind the algae, remember it is a new tank and in the uglies :P

20151126_201812-1_zpsvc8xs5yj.jpg

20151126_201752-1_zps9kcjyjnl.jpg

Couldn't resist corals on black friday. Went to the store after work and picked up a green favia, and 2 acan heads. I will say I have never had a favia before, I love the way it fits where it is but I have no idea if it will like it there. Medium flow and light. My light is only on 35% max since this tank is so shallow.

Also picked up some mysis since the clownfish will not eat flake. The damsel with eat anything though. I have NO IDEA wether or not I got a good deal on the favia since I never purchased one before. I paid 50$ it is about 4.5" wide and it is in a perfect half ball shape

20151127_163818_zps3nmf3kky.jpg

righttirefire

I know it's your tank but that Im sticker is killing me! I'm suprised your clown is picky... typically you hear about them eating everything

I know it's your tank but that Im sticker is killing me! I'm suprised your clown is picky... typically you hear about them eating everything

Haha. It drives me nuts too but my boyfriend likes it. You can't really tell in that pic but the upper left hand corner is where I started to peel it off before he stopped me. Iv been meaning to take it off but it hasn't come to mind. Ill go do that now, this is my tank not his so he will have to suck it up. hehe

It is strange that she won't eat.. but she has enough energy to bite the crap out of me when I stick my hand in the tank. I was hoping she wouldn't do that.. My last clowns did this as well and it really makes me jump. She swims around my hand and hits me with her tail, then she goes in for a bite. When she startles me she gets scared and has been on the verge of carpet surfing more than once.

She didn't go for the mysis just no either.. I will have to try some type of worms. Maybe blood worms soaked in mysis juice.

righttirefire

I hear about that clown behavior. Mine is non-agressive. It's come out of it's RBTA if the chromis gets too close. But won't come after me, just hides in it anenome when I clean

thats a good price for a chunk of favia =). be careful cuz they are pretty aggressive

I heard they can be nasty. I just hope I don't have it in too much light where it is. But my light is on low so I can only imagine it will be okay. It was under radions at the lfs.

They had yumas like the one I bought the other day in all different colors. They were $10's a piece. I was so tempted to cover my front rock in them but I need something different. I have to go back there tomorrow for more water.. Who knows what ill walk out with :happy:

Cant wait for the acans to open up. They were beautiful at the store. Plus, Acans are my favorite coral!!

Favia and acan just ate a crap load of mysis and mysis juices.. lol.

Guess that's a good sign. They have only been in the tank for about six hours.

YAY crappy photo time!

Acans clearly settled in, nice and puffed up. This pic was taken the next morning.

20151128_133910_zpsgxofbzka.jpg

I don't know how to tell the state of the favia, but I can only guess it is doing fine. It is not pinched back and seems like the "ridges" are pretty puffy. CAN I have expert opinion?!

20151128_133700_zpsfcc5lpw0.jpg

The only two fish in the tank. And BOTH photobombed at the same time. I am sure everyone here has delt with the annoying clownfish photobombs. Its like, every other photo I take. ugh lol

20151128_133753_zpstblx1o1i.jpg

righttirefire

You need to get your fish under control. How dare they swim in their environment that you're trying to photograph. Lol... my clown must he busted or maybe it's not a clown just a disguise

So, how does that favia look in the picture?

I am used to fluffy corals where it is obvious when they are unhappy. Its flesh is raised, but it doesn't put out feeder tentacles at night. However, it does eat mysis with no problems and reacts to any food I put in the tank.

I love the ball shape it has, I might move it to the sand bed after my next water change to keep it growing like that. But it seems happy where it is.. Not sure if I want to risk moving it if I got placement right on the first try.

Favias are my favorite coral! It looks plenty happy to me. :) Just keep up with the feedings and it'll grow fast. It's a toss up on whether you want to move it to the sand bed; really just up to you. But yes, if it's on the rocks it'll grow across the rocks as well. No Candy Basslett? I loved the one I had even if they are expensive and hide. I had him and a Blackcap at the same time. They were cool fish!

Nah. I was having trouble finding one for a reasonable price. I wasn't gonna dump all my money on a fish when I can have plenty of corals instead. Even now I think I'm gonna take the clown out and just have my damsel. My clown attacks me when I put my hand in there.

Used to be funny, but it is getting old. Lol

I've had both favia and favites in my little 4g tank. In my experience, the favites have been more aggressive and tend to show tentacles more readily. The favia has always been a slow grower for me, but when it is doing really well, I do see small feeder tentacles. But that's been pretty rare. Usually there are no tentacles, and when I put a mysis shrimp on it, the shrimp gradually gets absorbed kind of like it's sinking into some quicksand. When I've seen the tentacles out, there's a more obvious mouth the eats the shrimp.

So I'd say yours is doing OK for now but will show some tentacles when it's doing better.

And as others have noted, they can be aggressive. My favites had to come out of the 4g tank because they grew long stingers and were killing anything within three or four inches. I'll try to find one of the pictures I took of it.

PS: my clowns go my hands too! They won't touch flake, or mysis, but they love pellets. Weird fish...

Holy cow, that thing has some serious sweepers!

I still have not seen any tentacles.. It is still puffy and happy looking. But it is still new and its my first favia, so I can't be so sure. For all I know it's tentacles come out a couple hours after lights shut off. I feed the tank around 11pm every other day so maybe it will get used to that and open sooner.

I have decided the clownfish has to go. I will take her back to the pet store I got her from on friday. She is beautiful and she adds a lot of life to the tank but I am sick of her shenanigans. I think I might keep this a one fish tank and add a fire shrimp or some other invert to add some color.

The tank doesn't have as much algae growth like my old tank got during its early stages. I only have 3 Nerite snails. I might get some cerith snails for the sand bed but my reef store doesn't carry them, they say they aren't hard workers

Archived