SaltCritters.com

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

righttirefire

I love my pistol/goby. My pistol never made a sandstorm, it spends most it's time in its tunnels. My goby is hands out. Only comes off the sand to feed. Not an active pair, but I think mine have awesome character. And enjoy a good buzz and staring contest with the goby.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my new westside for my mp10, it is much quieter than my old one, but Ill keep the damaged one just incase something crazy happens. I did see some sticks I really wanted to try but with christmas here I have to save my low college funds for presents. Maybe next month.

Meanwhile here is my other addiction. She is a 2014 Hypo Jungle Boa produced by "Mississippi Morphs." I purchased her from a forum member on another site, and she arrived from Mississippi last april if I recall correctly.

20150504_145151-1_zpss2ayfv28.jpg

First day home

20150416_155240_zpsimtjqzvc.jpg

MUSTACHE!

20150504_145202-1-1_zpsbxbvynq2.jpg

Lets see that tongue! Its hard to get these shots for me..

20150807_133020_zpswgryt6zm.jpg

OH! and her name is Pepper..

Guessing members on here arnt too fond of snakes? Hehe. Hope she didnt give anyone a heart attack. I know a few people who cant even look at pictures of snakes

righttirefire

Pics don't bother me. But I don't like snakes. Any serpent bigger than an earthworm actually... spiders and the nano-reef favorable creature

Pics don't bother me. But I don't like snakes. Any serpent bigger than an earthworm actually... spiders and the nano-reef favorable creature

What about any earthworm bigger than a serpent? (yes this is real, do some research on em if you never heard of these)

giant-earthworm-II.jpg

What about any earthworm bigger than a serpent? (yes this is real, do some research on em if you never heard of these)

giant-earthworm-II.jpg

I hate to see the catfish you'd catch with that!?

Okay, just figured I would post this picture up since I took it weeks ago.

I really wanted a yuma rock and when I bought the first yuma I figured with its size I would be able to have about five on a single rock in my tank. Well, turns out it liked my tank and opened up so much it takes up almost half the rock.. Its about 2.5" in diameter, pretty big for this little tank. Just compare it with the mp10

20151221_151704-1_zpsic6lc5f0.jpg

Hm.... What did I splurge on today??

20151226_134951_zpszxq5wzum.jpg

20151226_134938_zpslxax3lx8.jpg

​My first ever Australian Elegance coral.. Hope they are more hardy

20151226_141257_zpsuswaer3x.jpg

​German Blue Montipora Digitata (first sps for this tank, I never have much luck with them. We will see) This guys is super pissed off at me in this pic.. He just got fragged and glued ten mins ago...

20151226_141330_zpsjhi161jv.jpg

20151226_141323_zpstka4amf0.jpg

Well, the new elegance coral made it through the night. For some reason I feel that they are just super delicate and having one is stressful.. haha. I hope this guy lives happily in here for a long time. When I had my last tank I got scared away from owning one since there is so much information online about them dying so quickly.

I have the skeleton buried 3/4 of the way in sand, but it expanded so much it is touching the glass. I need to move it back some more, and I might angle it towards the front glass.. not sure yet. How much light so these guys like? The torch coral above it is probably shading it a bit.

20151227_122151_zpswsczlvaa.jpg

20151227_122012_zpsnfucotgb.jpg

20151227_122019_zpspvsrtrbv.jpg

I love it too. I am just so nervous about it just croaking over night or something. I am taking as many pictures as I can just incase. I LOVE the pink tips and the pastel colors. This little tank is filling up faster than I thought.. After I get a dosing system this tank will be filled completely.. Front to back, side to side- all coral.

Crazy because there are only eight corals in there.. but the torch coral is gigantic, and the elegance opened so much too.

She is lovely. I am fascinated by all the color morph available in captive bred snakes

Got my new westside for my mp10, it is much quieter than my old one, but Ill keep the damaged one just incase something crazy happens. I did see some sticks I really wanted to try but with christmas here I have to save my low college funds for presents. Maybe next month.

Meanwhile here is my other addiction. She is a 2014 Hypo Jungle Boa produced by "Mississippi Morphs." I purchased her from a forum member on another site, and she arrived from Mississippi last april if I recall correctly.

20150504_145151-1_zpss2ayfv28.jpg

First day home

20150416_155240_zpsimtjqzvc.jpg

MUSTACHE!

20150504_145202-1-1_zpsbxbvynq2.jpg

Lets see that tongue! Its hard to get these shots for me..

20150807_133020_zpswgryt6zm.jpg

OH! and her name is Pepper..

I hear the a issues are more hardy than the indo elegances. But sandbed corals aren't a good addition for me

That is what I have read. Luckily my coral store is pretty packed with aussie corals and they label anything that isn't. Why aren't they good for you?

I was going to get a small goby the other day but I am glad I didn't.. I wouldn't feel comfortable with one in here with my acans, favia, and elegance on the sand bed. Its funny because my dream for this tank was to have a pistol/goby pair. Funny how ideas change.

She is lovely. I am fascinated by all the color morph available in captive bred snakes

Thank you! There are many morphs out there for boas, but ball pythons seem to be the most sought after snake. They are easy to care for, small (only reaching about 4') and come in so many colors. Boas do get quite a bit larger and stronger (6'-10'). I think this is why people lean toward other species. There is a lot of overbreeding in the reptile industry..

righttirefire

My diamond goby in the 20 would bury it. Maybe not. It wasnt terrible with my clam, but don't want to risk it. My goby pistol in the other tank wouldn't mess with sand bed corals. They live in their burrow

SOO...

I had a relapse and went to the fish store again... Picked up some Rastas. $40 for about ten/fifteen polyps.. I thought it was way too good to pass up. They went through some hardcore dipping though. With my last tank I introduced a zoanthid spider and I had a heart attack seeing that thing...

Righttirefire, that makes me want a goby and shrimp, but I have plans to put a nice scolly in the center of the sand bed. I don't want any problems.

SOO...

I had a relapse and went to the fish store again... Picked up some Rastas. $40 for about ten/fifteen polyps.. I thought it was way too good to pass up. They went through some hardcore dipping though. With my last tank I introduced a zoanthid spider and I had a heart attack seeing that thing...

Righttirefire, that makes me want a goby and shrimp, but I have plans to put a nice scolly in the center of the sand bed. I don't want any problems.

Thats a great price for Rastas, normally I see them for around $8-$10 per polyp.

righttirefire

My shrimp/goby are in my 8. And as far as I can tell they'd be sand bed coral safe. The 20 has the space for a sandbed coral. By my diamond goby... amazing fish in my opinion but can drop sand anywhere. Lol.

Archived