ReefCleaners.org

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

Hey, how's your jack o lepto? I know you've had it a little while. Is it growing nicely?

Yes- I had to move it, too much light at first, but was growing well in the 20 and is now settling in well in the 50.

12274712_10208088590150829_3078174829923

you can see the growth better on the left side :)

oh, lol they all look the same as juveniles.

yea, they do. and he's already colored up some a little bit. i got him last week.

Sorry to hear about your jawfish, morgan :( Are you going to put the pistol back in the DT?

yea, i miss him already. not sure what caused it, but the damsel had developed a spot a few days ago and is now totally pale and acting really strange. put him in the fuge in case he does die, and so he can rest up a little bit (hopefully he won't die!) - wonder if he gave the jawfish something?

checked all my other fishes. everyone is fine. eating normally, no spots.

very strange, indeed.

i probably won't put the pistol back in the DT any time soon- firstly, I'm not sure if i'll replace the jawfish, secondly, he seems to be right at home in the fuge, re-arranging things to his little heart's content without covering any expensive corals and pissing me off. plus, i see him more in there, and he's pretty cute!

idk. it's kind of an irreversible decision to put him in the DT, so i'm just going to wait until I'm totally sure i want him in there.

• Like 2
righttirefire

My little pistol is adorable too..I was looking leptos today I like the golden but not sure. I need to stop ahoppjng. Or place a big order... not sure which

thecoralbeauty

well, damsel didn't make it.

now that i'm looking back on it, perhaps this is why he was such a reserved fish in the first place- he was sick all along! Maybe once I get a healthy one, he's be a little brat after all.

thecoralbeauty

So my lfs didn't have any jawfish, so I couldn't replace him if i had decided to. Sad day :( also he had three other damsels from the same shipment as mine last week and all three also had spots. The Midas blenny and anthias and butterfly (long nose) in that tank were totally fine though. Whatever it is on those damsels seems to just affect the damsels. It's definitely not ich. He said when he gets a new shipment in of damsels hell replace mine. That was awesome of him.

From a different tank, I picked out a copperband butterfly. Hopefully he will get at my aptasia. If he ends up picking at corals I can take him right back.

That yellow tang really adds so much to your tank. It's stunning! I've always loved those guys :). How many clams do you have?

Thanks! Yea I love him! I think when the blue guy grows up they'll be a handsome pair.

I still just have the four. Two croceas and a maxima from Harry and my original teal maxima

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

That's really nice of the lfs owner to do that.

it is. they usually don't.

now the problem is the yellow tang is being a prick and beating up the butterfly. i should have thought of this, but i spent a good hour trying to catch him with no luck. he sees me coming and takes advantage of the rock scape. i'm buying another net tomorrow to see if i can corner him and put him in the sump for a few days, and then re-introduce him as the "last fish"- see if he stops being an ass then, and gives the butterfly a chance to eat aptasia.

if he doesn't get too beat up to begin with.

AND OH MY GOD METROKAT!!!!! :)))))

Yes, you got my size right- this was a total surprise!! Thanks for my wishlist stuff, but this was wonderful to get too! I know just the jacket i'll wear with it.

IMG_4805_zpsnbti4hkj.jpg

• Like 9
thecoralbeauty

it was definitely a day to check my mail. i got the gloves kat recommended too (ah so awesome!!! yay no more towels and hand washing and i might be able to actually paint my nails again!) and i also got a julian's thing too, to see how that works out with the tank.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

I GOT THE TANG IN THE SUMP!!!!

Finally.

i used a glove and a net and cornered him. only accidentally scraped my candy coral (it'll recover) and knocked off an unknown (but really pretty) sprig of SPS that is now really sloppily glued back on. yeehaw!

hopefully the copper band will be ok. he's acting normal, pecking for food, then goes to the back and floats nose down like he's resting. is that how they rest? if so, weird.

she recommended the coralife aqua gloves that are arm length. so nice.

• Like 2

AND OH MY GOD METROKAT!!!!! :)))))

Yes, you got my size right- this was a total surprise!! Thanks for my wishlist stuff, but this was wonderful to get too! I know just the jacket i'll wear with it.

IMG_4805_zpsnbti4hkj.jpg

:) that looks great on you Morgan.

well, damsel didn't make it.

now that i'm looking back on it, perhaps this is why he was such a reserved fish in the first place- he was sick all along! Maybe once I get a healthy one, he's be a little brat after all.

Aww. Sorry about the damsel. I'm now down two out of the 5 chromis. Boy, you and I are not having good fish luck as of late!

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Little copperband is going back to the store. He's not hurt and is doing fine, just too timid and the tang will probably continue to go after him even after being Sumped.

Thank god my lfs is reasonable

• Like 1
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*