SaltCritters.com

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

My dirty parties acan has 9 or 10 heads. Maybe its time to offload it. As I'm now shifting to a Caribbean tank, is there a good market for it?

Won't get much for it.

Glue those frags down! Get some negative space going.

Won't get much for it.

Glue those frags down! Get some negative space going.

I know... I am going to replace most of my non-Caribbean corals with Caribbean/Florida ones now that I've found reliable and legal sources. I will glue once i swap them out.

And I'm not expecting thousands but the acan colony has to be worth something... not $80 or $90 :)

Since I will be on a road trip for the next several days, Monday I finally ordered the Tunze Nano ATO that I've had on my list for some time. No more manual top offs for me :)

The package just arrived and will be testing it shortly.

• Like 1

I agree... I got mine right away (smart ATO)

it's so frigging smart it wakes me up at 3am if I forget to fill the reservoir

then I get to hear the wife gripe for 2 weeks straight about..

2 weeks after the griping stops, I've forgotten to fill the reservoir again

• repeat: repeatedly
  • ​fast forward 5 years

she gets 1 smart ATO in the divorce

fast forward 3 days.. my new smart ATO arrives

fast forward 5 years: I still have never forgotten to fill the reservoir

it isn't "just smart", but "brilliant"

• Like 1

I agree... I got mine right away (smart ATO)

it's so frigging smart it wakes me up at 3am if I forget to fill the reservoir

then I get to hear the wife gripe for 2 weeks straight about..

2 weeks after the griping stops, I've forgotten to fill the reservoir again

• repeat: repeatedly
  • ​fast forward 5 years

she gets 1 smart ATO in the divorce

fast forward 3 days.. my new smart ATO arrives

fast forward 5 years: I still have never forgotten to fill the reservoir

it isn't "just smart", but "brilliant"

LOL

I'm using a nutri saltwater container as reservoir and left it outside the cabinet to measure how long it will last. Hopefully I can get on a formal schedule and just create a recurring calendar reminder :)

I got rid of my wife a few years ago... legally ;)

Well, our 14U basketball team reached the sweet 16 at the National level. A great accomplishment!

Will get back home late tomorrow hopefully to a perfect tank :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok. So I got home last week and things were good. Loving the convenience of the ATO. With the 4.4g jug, looks like I'll have to refill every 9-10 days. Not bad. My Mg levels are decreasing faster than before so I need to increase dosing though.

I am taking some time off and decided to go by my preferred LFS. There, I came across one of the fish in my Western Atlantic/Caribbean livestock short list - the chalk bass. Sooooo...

I have a new fish :) He is currently under rock and should be cruising around very soon.

Here he was when he got home.

IMG_20160803_143621109.jpg

• Like 4

Nice pickup! He looks pretty. And congratulations on the baseball success, what league / tournament?

Thanks. I am really looking forward to enjoying the new addition.

The kids participated in the AAU div 3 national basketball tournament in Virginia. They worked very hard this past year and it was a great accomplishment for the team.

• Like 1

is it pink and white? I've seen them twice.. both times I was loosing all my rics any Yuma's in the tank, so I didn't spend the 50..

instead I found 3 RFA's and and now i'm a big fan.. I just need about 6 more!

is it pink and white? I've seen them twice.. both times I was loosing all my rics any Yuma's in the tank, so I didn't spend the 50..

instead I found 3 RFA's and and now i'm a big fan.. I just need about 6 more!

Yes. With white/grey. It was more colorful at rhe LFS but after the dip, it may take a day or two to look nicer. Here, they are going for under $20. Here it is. Will take DSLR shots over the weekend.

I am liking the RFAs but i need to get rid of some coral before making that move.

IMG_20160803_230950586_HDR.jpg

More FTS :D

New fish and rics look great!

Thanks! I will be adding some items in the next few days. I will take new FTSs then.

The chalk bass is still shy but ate brine today. He did not eat mysis yesterday.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused. The chalk bass has been in hiding since he moved in. I suspected the royal gramma had something to do with it although their couple of meetings have been brief and cordial. Now the pygmy angel takes over the cave. No aggression from the gramma yet. The gramma is swimming more than before so I have definitely stirred things up :)

As I type, I see the bass crossing from one side of the tank to the other in "open water". Happy to see the behavioral changes. Let's hope they've figured this out.

DSC05511.jpg

DSC05504.jpg

• Like 2

So it seems the royal gramma has folks a bit intimidated in there. I am taking measures in the next few days.

I also ordered a skimmer and a few other items as I prepare to take out the non regional stock and finish executing the plan. I am thinking of setting up the ole biocube BB temporarily to keep some of the items there but I know I will regret it shortly after. And...... I also have a small kpaquatics order that I am picking up tomorrow :)

In the mean time, I just cannot get the dslr to focus on the chalk bass' home. A cellphone shot will have to do.

IMG_20160806_170953473.jpg

• Like 2

Nice additions! My pygmy angel definitely rules the tank in my 40. He cruises all around all day long. But he never bothers the other fish, he's just always everywhere :)

• Like 1

Nice additions! My pygmy angel definitely rules the tank in my 40. He cruises all around all day long. But he never bothers the other fish, he's just always everywhere :)

Thanks. Nice. He definitely has a cool personality.

I think I may have to get a smaller RG but I have a few tricks I want to try first this coming week ;)

• Like 1

My chalk bass sits in the rockwork in his hide quite often until I come around the tank and then is all out and about. He was pretty shy first few days though. Great eater and very underrated fish!

• Like 1

My chalk bass sits in the rockwork in his hide quite often until I come around the tank and then is all out and about. He was pretty shy first few days though. Great eater and very underrated fish!

He now comes out every time I get near the tank - expecting food of course ;) Very cool and nice looking fish for sure!

FYI, Marine Depot now has a warehouse in the East - in GA. This means much quicker delivery times to Florida. Great news! :) Goodies arrive Wednesday.

Finally, the weather down here has been pretty bad the last couple of days and was not able to meet with KP Aquatics to pick up my order... Let's see what happens tomorrow.

• Like 3