Pod Your Reef

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

Let the cycle begin! I like the 5 min aquascape :)

I decided not to use the rock from the cube as I saw a couple of green bubbles on it tonight. I am starting clean.

IMG_20161107_232004737.jpg

• Like 3

I reduced my light schedule and introduced competitive bacteria

also got rid of the red LED's

the rest of the "rust" went away after a few days

I haven't changed anything since then, and haven't had any problems in a very long time.. I also have a heavily stocked tank, feed way too much, and dose a lot of phyto in the fuge 3 times a day

maybe try shortening the day schedule, and dose API quick start at water changes? it has definitely worked for me, but all tanks are different.. just a thought

I need a fusion 10 for an RFA/ angler tank.. or maybe a fu-man-chu

Interesting... Luckily, it has not expanded as it did prior to the blackout. I reduced the light schedule to 6 hours at a 1/3 of the original intensity. Will bring back to normal at 2% per day. Also, will not do a WC for the next few weeks. I read that fresh salt fuels it...

I ran out of BIO spira ( beneficial bacteria as quick start) now cycling the IM10 but will pick up some more tomorrow to have it on "ready 5". I cycled the cube with it and am very pleased with it.

This is an AI Prime HD I scored for 175 brand new with mounting bracket. I wanted to go NanoBox tide but I just couldn't pass the prime up at that price.

• 2 weeks later...

In the news...

- the 10g is doing great

- the lobo killed my two old rainbow acans before I could move them to the 10g. I got home from work and the water was all white. The zoas recovered but not the acans. Really bummed...

- the dinos have come back so I am planning on another blackout. I will go +1 days every time I have to repeat

I am now doing full time consulting so I am pretty busy... Need to decommission the cube this weekend to simplify. That was always part of the plan but planning and doing are two different animals :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a 1995 mustang gt i had picked up as a project car some time back. It needs some tlc but its running ok. My son gets his restricted permit next week so who knows? ;). Fun times.

IMG_20161127_174948.jpg

Oh, the tank is on day 4 of 5 of blackout #2. If this does not work, i'll have some tough decisions to make...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Life has me pretty tied up these days... But i am happy to report that the last blackout did the trick. I have slowly brought the lights back up and have been feeding every other night without water changes. The sand looks pristine... A WC will take place this weekend though.

In other news, the female clown in the 10g killed her mate last week. Bummer. Disappointed and may trade her in after the holidays. I am done with clowns.

• 6 months later...

Well, I've been slacking...  The lagoon is ok but I am changing direction with the 10g after a crash.  I broke it down until fall/winter to figure out what I want to do with it.