Coral Vue Hydros

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

A few weeks back, I found (what after researching realized was) an asterina starfish climbing the tank glass. I thought there were cute and didn't think much of it. Fast forward to Monday and they were everywhere :rant: After careful examination, I found they were eating coraline off my rocks. So, for the last 48 hours and with my trusted tweezers , I have gone in a starfish fishing expedition. I wish I had saved them for a family photo. BOLO as they spread like rabbits :scarry:

I dip everything so I am not sure how it got in... iodine may not be effective here.

They ate every bit of pink and red Coralline in my tank. They left the green stuff. They all starved when my Coralline disappeared.

I was considering the IM Fusion 20 but now I am seriously considering the IM Lagoon 25. I'm waiting until they go on sale since they will be $412.00 CDN to my door.

Intank media basket has 3 chambers right? Chamber 1 is the top one? Do you mind telling me what you put in in order from the top?

Yes and yes. Filter floss in chamber one and either CE or P in chamber 2. I initially had CE in 2 and P in 3 and just filter floss in the other basket but I decided to split sides. Good luck!

They ate every bit of pink and red Coralline in my tank. They left the green stuff. They all starved when my Coralline disappeared.

I was considering the IM Fusion 20 but now I am seriously considering the IM Lagoon 25. I'm waiting until they go on sale since they will be $412.00 CDN to my door.

I took care of mine. Found a straggler last week but pulled it out immediately.

The price difference here is $50 between the 20 and the 25. I think it's well worth it. Good luck!

• Like 1

hey man, will it be too much if I put CB in chamber 2 and filter floss in chamber 1 on both sides?

Also, when you say intank media, are you referring to the custom caddy media from Innovative Marine? I can't seem to find one that actually branded "intank". Even at intank LLC website, they don't have it. They only have one from Innovative Marine.

Yes and yes. Filter floss in chamber one and either CE or P in chamber 2. I initially had CE in 2 and P in 3 and just filter floss in the other basket but I decided to split sides. Good luck!

The price difference here is $50 between the 20 and the 25. I think it's well worth it. Good luck!

I don't have any left in mine either. I recently acquired some some coralline scale to reseed the tank. It seems to be working.

Yeah, the price difference isn't bad. It's too bad no one in Ontario seems to stock it. I have to order it from a store in Montreal.

hey man, will it be too much if I put CB in chamber 2 and filter floss in chamber 1 on both sides?

Also, when you say intank media, are you referring to the custom caddy media from Innovative Marine? I can't seem to find one that actually branded "intank". Even at intank LLC website, they don't have it. They only have one from Innovative Marine.

It could be. It also depends on how you will be stocking the tank.

This is the one I am referring to:

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Marine-Fusion-10-20-25-Media-Basket-IM20MR.htm

I don't have any left in mine either. I recently acquired some some coralline scale to reseed the tank. It seems to be working.

Yeah, the price difference isn't bad. It's too bad no one in Ontario seems to stock it. I have to order it from a store in Montreal.

Bummer. That is a long drive:(

Good luck with your build!

• Like 1

Bummer. That is a long drive:(

Good luck with your build!

That price included the shipping of $35. Pretty cheap. I am waiting for it to be on sale.

I am more annoy that I can't go see one in person first.

Which store?

That price included the shipping of $35. Pretty cheap. I am waiting for it to be on sale.

I am more annoy that I can't go see one in person first.

It cost me about the same ($400 ish) to get it to Toronto. If I were to do it again I would just sump a 25g from AI. Much cheaper alternative.

Are you asking what is the difference between the inTank basket and the IM basket? The inTank is far better, it's very well designed to ensure that as much water as possible passes through it, and the build quality is excellent. I don't know of anyone here on NR that hasn't been very happy with the inTank baskets. Plus you get a free swedish fish with your order :D

Seriously, though, I've used the inTank baskets in three tanks now and I've been very happy with all of them.

I had the same experience. I thought the asterinas were cute and relatively harmless, but now I have no coralline. I've been pulling them out whenever I see them now.

• Like 1

Are you asking what is the difference between the inTank basket and the IM basket? The inTank is far better, it's very well designed to ensure that as much water as possible passes through it, and the build quality is excellent. I don't know of anyone here on NR that hasn't been very happy with the inTank baskets. Plus you get a free swedish fish with your order :D

Seriously, though, I've used the inTank baskets in three tanks now and I've been very happy with all of them.

I am confused as both seem to be made by Innovative Marine (if you click on the links you can see this) but everyone keeps referring one as Intank and the other is IM. They look similar to me and the only difference is the one that people refer as IM has black sides. Please clarify.thanks

I am confused as both seem to be made by Innovative Marine (if you click on the links you can see this) but everyone keeps referring one as Intank and the other is IM. They look similar to me and the only difference is the one that people refer as IM has black sides. Please clarify.thanks

The inTank media caddy is not made by Innovative Marine, it's made by inTank. StevieT, the owner of inTank, is an active member and sponsor here on N-R.

I think the confusion might be that the inTank site describes it as the IM Fusion Media Basket, but it's part of the catalog of inTank baskets, so he only refers to the tank that it's made for. He makes custom media caddies for almost every popular tank.

inTank has a vendor forum here on N-R, I recommend you check it out: http://www.nano-reef.com/forum/84-intank/

• Like 3

The inTank media caddy is not made by Innovative Marine, it's made by inTank. StevieT, the owner of inTank, is an active member and sponsor here on N-R.

I think the confusion might be that the inTank site describes it as the IM Fusion Media Basket, but it's part of the catalog of inTank baskets, so he only refers to the tank that it's made for. He makes custom media caddies for almost every popular tank.

inTank has a vendor forum here on N-R, I recommend you check it out: http://www.nano-reef.com/forum/84-intank/

Ahh I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me. Hope they ship to Canada.

• Like 1

Ahh I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me. Hope they ship to Canada.

If not, I'd bet if you post a WTB in the equipment forum, someone might have one they can sell privately.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Proudgeek :rolleyes:

• Like 2

If not, I'd bet if you post a WTB in the equipment forum, someone might have one they can sell privately.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Proudgeek :rolleyes:

Thanks for pitching in! :D

• Like 1

Just caught up on your thread!

Love the tank man!

I will be posting my Caribbean biotope on here soon. I have Kpaquatics to thank for 90% of my stocking in the tank. Really glad to see the Caribbean tanks sprouting up more and more frequently! Keep posting cute pictures of your fish! How big is that pygmy angel going to get?

Just caught up on your thread!

Love the tank man!

I will be posting my Caribbean biotope on here soon. I have Kpaquatics to thank for 90% of my stocking in the tank. Really glad to see the Caribbean tanks sprouting up more and more frequently! Keep posting cute pictures of your fish! How big is that pygmy angel going to get?

Thanks! Phillip from KP is a great guy. He even delivers on the turnpike :o:D

This pygmy angel is supposed to grow to 2".

I am really looking forward to your thread!

In other news, I have two new RFAs on the way... This is getting out of hand :( I need counseling.

• Like 1

RFA's are therapy... I need 10 more

I hear ya... but i need to pace myself and be selective. :)

Pygmy isn't picking at your LPS/SPS/softies?

I only have RFAs, gorgs, zoas, and ricordeas in this tank. He does pick at the rock and the gorgs once in a while but no harm done so far.

Thanks! Phillip from KP is a great guy. He even delivers on the turnpike :o:D

This pygmy angel is supposed to grow to 2".

I am really looking forward to your thread!

In other news, I have two new RFAs on the way... This is getting out of hand :( I need counseling.

Welcome to the club. We all need counseling :lol:

• Like 1