Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

The 4 stage water saver RO filter arrived yesterday. The setup is much bigger than I expected and would have liked but it is what it is. It does explain the cost though. I will be hooking it up over the weekend.

• Like 1

Love the RO filter :) Got a gallon per 7.5 minutes. Happy with the throughput. Getting it with the water saver, pressure gauge, and the tds meter was a great decision. Very happy.

Things are looking great!

• 1 month later...

Tank is looking good, how do you like the light? Also, what chamber did you put your heater?

Thanks!

I absolutely love the light. It looks and works great. Dave is also always on top of questions and provides great support. I will definitely continue supporting his business in the future.

The heater is in the second chamber... with 2/3s of space left in there.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ReeferAddict727

The replacement stand arrived today! The box looks somewhat mangled up but I am confident that I will be able to get one prefect stand out of the two fingerscrossed. Will unbox late tonight and will inventory by EOD Friday. Sucks when work gets in the way of the things you want to do...

Since this has taken longer than anticipated, I considered just moving the LR and inhabitants from my BC to the new tank but the DUO is still waiting to be built. No light, no go... I guess I will cycle with dry rock as originally planned.

Setup next steps:

heater - gets here tomorrow

scape - will give it another shot during the weekend once the stand is finished

nano box DUO - pending build

MP10 - will order once the DUO is ready to ship

media baskets - will order once the new design is in inventory

Hey Geek sorry to be so late on this lol.

I am considering the 100 Watt Cobalt Neotherm for my 25 lagoon but the thing is HUGE! Where do you have it located in your tank? It won't fit in the back chambers will it?

(if its pictured I apologize my work computer blocks out all photobucket links -.- )

-Edit just saw your answer to Zchauvin, when you say 2/3rds remaining are you saying the heater sticks out of the waters surface? Could you post a pic?

Hey Geek sorry to be so late on this lol.

I am considering the 100 Watt Cobalt Neotherm for my 25 lagoon but the thing is HUGE! Where do you have it located in your tank? It won't fit in the back chambers will it?

(if its pictured I apologize my work computer blocks out all photobucket links -.- )

-Edit just saw your answer to Zchauvin, when you say 2/3rds remaining are you saying the heater sticks out of the waters surface? Could you post a pic?

Hi. I apologize for the delay. I am out of town...

The heater fits great in the second chamber with plenty of space around it. It takes about 1/3 of the area of the chamber and it fits perfectly height wise. I love mine. Go for it.

• 2 months later...

Geez. Rough crowd :D

In any case, I found a rusty gorg and a new florida ricordea last night. I had been looking for a purple gorg for a long time but it just never made sense to order online where the shipping costs were higher than the frag. I am super happy with the rusty gorg. It complements the tank much better than purple. Let's see if I get good polyp extension today.

Photos to come this weekend if you are nice.

Hello. This is my 25g IM Nuvo Lagoon build. As of early 2016, the tank focus will be Caribbean stock.

Equipment:

IM Nuvo Fusion Lagoon 25g with grey stand

Next gen Nano Box Reef DUO

Vortech MP10qd

InMedia basket x2

Cobalt Neo Therm 100w heater

BRS 1/8" netting DIY screen

BRS 4 stage water saver 150 GPD RO filter

Tunze Nano ATO - in plan

Tunze 9001 Skimmer - will not be necessary for some time

Marco dry rock

Nature's Ocean Reef sand

Livestock:

Fish

2 TP clowns paired ( traded in)

2 green banded goby GBG

1 Royal Gramma

CUC

Red and blue legged hermit crabs

Astraea snails (endangered)

Nassarius snail

SPS

Strawberry shortcake acropora

LPS

Blue galaxea

Lobo

Blue Rainbow Acan

Dirty panties rainbow Acan

Softies

Zoas/palys

Valentines day massacre

Miami vice

Lucky charms

Sunny d's

Candy apple

Punk rockers

Capt. America

Assorted no name Zoas

Orange ricordea Florida

Green ricordea Florida

Red mushrooms

Green mushroom

- In plan

There are some incredible shallow reefs here in NR and I am still working on the scape design. I am currently leaning towards a simple design with good negative space. I hope to have the design completed over the weekend.

3DAB9F7D-DBD8-44A5-BAAE-188CE77FC5B6.jpg

CCFC6D65-CE43-49C6-81EC-0D476867D330.jpg

How are you liking the nanobox duo?

I love it! Super happy!

I'm researchign and wanting to start a tank and trying to find good fairly inexpensive lighting, granted the duo is kinda pricy, but my other option im looking at is the nemo light but in looking into the control schemes and do hickeys, the nano box seems liek a better deal since the bluefish controller is like $100 on its own, I'm also looking at gettign the im nuvo black 25 as i plan to run a 15g sump/fuge im going to make

Ok. Here's a quick FTS.

IMG_20160715_165411716_edit_146861622956

I'm researchign and wanting to start a tank and trying to find good fairly inexpensive lighting, granted the duo is kinda pricy, but my other option im looking at is the nemo light but in looking into the control schemes and do hickeys, the nano box seems liek a better deal since the bluefish controller is like $100 on its own, I'm also looking at gettign the im nuvo black 25 as i plan to run a 15g sump/fuge im going to make

I'm super happy with mine. I had considered AI primes and kessils, among others, but i am very pleased with my choice. Good luck with your build. Planning is half the fun.

My dirty parties acan has 9 or 10 heads. Maybe its time to offload it. As I'm now shifting to a Caribbean tank, is there a good market for it?