Coral Vue Hydros

The lone Mangrove-New scape and mantis

Giga

You're making me really want to tear my tank down and make a mangrove tank....Looks amazing giga!

I wouldn't be apposed to this ;)

looks awesome!

Thank you!

WOW. This is seriously way more amazing than I anticipated, and I already had high expectations! I'll definitely have to take a few pages from your book, and this is making me want to make my project come to life a lot faster. Very well done!!!

II had to make a few minor changes but It is coming together nicely, thank you very much

Video needs harp Sounds and Angels singing

That can be arranged! I got the big man on speed dial :rolleyes:

WOW. One of the best applications of a mangrove ever I'd have to say!

You should look at my mangrove forest that had even larger mangroves in it

WOW. This is awesome.

B)

i dont even know what to say

Speechlessness speaks well enough :wub:

Wow looks outstanding bro.....the lord of mangroves has done it once again :closedeyes: What's your plan for livestock?

It doesn't have as much command as the last one due to the size difference but I had to think a little outside the box for this one. There is no visible filtration, even though it's has it, small space, and smaller mangrove. I'm thinking macro's mostly-As soon as it SW levels I going to try and find some dragon breath and blue scroll algea and then some shallow corals like a brain and the like. Nothing for its color more to complete the image of the tank. For creatures I want to try and find micro creatures-crabs, shrimp, a fish like a unique goby or something-still thinking it through.

I really do like sps so later this winter I'll set up another 3 to 5 gallon next to this one with sps and a mantis.

Hi,

i just signed in on this forum just to say this: Awesome!

Can you please share some information on how you set up the filtration?

I am currently planning a 35 G shallow and am very interested in this.

Regards, Bjorn

• Like 1

It doesn't have as much command as the last one due to the size difference but I had to think a little outside the box for this one. There is no visible filtration, even though it's has it, small space, and smaller mangrove. I'm thinking macro's mostly-As soon as it SW levels I going to try and find some dragon breath and blue scroll algea and then some shallow corals like a brain and the like. Nothing for its color more to complete the image of the tank. For creatures I want to try and find micro creatures-crabs, shrimp, a fish like a unique goby or something-still thinking it through.

I really do like sps so later this winter I'll set up another 3 to 5 gallon next to this one with sps and a mantis.

Nice..I think some red spot cardinals would look great in there only problem is they're serious jumpers.

• Like 1

Nice..I think some red spot cardinals would look great in there only problem is they're serious jumpers.

Custom Mangrove friendly top!!! lol

But really, might be a good idea to do a acrylic lip around the tank with it being that shallow.

• Like 1

beautiful

just

beautiful

9.5/10 how long do you think it will take for that mangrove to root down into the sand? Then it will be a 10 :P

Shouldn't take to long maybe a month- Roots grow way slower indoors then out.

Dude, you are bloody talented and that is going to be a ridiculous display.. it already is!!!

So stoked to watch this progress!

Me too!

This is so amazing! I absolutely love it!

Thanks!

Simply Amazing! if you got any extra mangroves taking up space let me know.

Looking forward to seeing what your tank grows into!

I do have more but I like them too lol

Hi,

i just signed in on this forum just to say this: Awesome!

Can you please share some information on how you set up the filtration?

I am currently planning a 35 G shallow and am very interested in this.

Regards, Bjorn

I will tank some pictures and explain it- its not that complicated and it may not be for every setup but it very fung shway! lol

I thought they same thing but I think something slower and hardy would be a better choice for this tank.

Wheres the filtration at?

in another room under the tank-I'll explain it soon

Custom Mangrove friendly top!!! lol

But really, might be a good idea to do a acrylic lip around the tank with it being that shallow.

I don't like rims despite the benefits, I'm sassy that way

Very Artistic Giga.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Amazing bro. Well thought out. I'm always happy to see an aquarium with collection of reef/marine inhabitants but to a tank with an emphasis on design is astonishing. This is not a piece of the reef but a scene of the marine world. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Amazing bro. Well thought out. I'm always happy to see an aquarium with collection of reef/marine inhabitants but to a tank with an emphasis on design is astonishing. This is not a piece of the reef but a scene of the marine world. Keep up the great work.

Thanks so much for the high praise! B)

Holy hell that is awesome. Beautiful work.

Thank you! :lol:

This tank literally made me go on amazon and buy 6 mangroves. After a lot of research, Im still not sure if i plant them right into the reef or grow them in brackish water first.

• Like 1

This tank literally made me go on amazon and buy 6 mangroves. After a lot of research, Im still not sure if i plant them right into the reef or grow them in brackish water first.

This depends what levels they were grown in before-You'd be safe growing in brackish regardless and safe in full SW only if that's how they were grown from the start. May want to shoot the seller a msg.

Also, another thing I'm doing with this tank that I haven't done in the past is upping then heat and humidity around the mangrove every night and the day too. What I have been doing is covering the entire enclosure with a plastic bag when the lights go out, then before I go to work I just uncover the foliage and leave the roots covered(with ventilation). After I get home I take the whole thing off and spray just the roots with fresh water every time I notice them getting dry(lots of spraying). I started doing this because I was worried about the roots desiccating since indoor humidity is so low(has happened before)-even above a tank it is very low. I have been amazed how haw fast the roots have pick up speed, much like growing them outside.

1015152128a_zpsg1ho48zt.jpg

I will def. be adding this to the guide update on root growth indoors. I'll take a new FTS and I think you'll be surprised how fast the roots are growing.

• Like 1

Why not build an enclosure to help maintain that humidity?

Problem with that is it get to clunky and you lost the clean rimless look. Plus this is just till all roots hit the water, oh, and I'm lazy ;)

• Like 1

This depends what levels they were grown in before-You'd be safe growing in brackish regardless and safe in full SW only if that's how they were grown from the start. May want to shoot the seller a msg.

Thanks, I will try to get in touch with the seller.

• Like 1

I love the tank, im on the Way to start my 2. (Black)Mangrove tank so i thank you for the inspiration.

I have a black mangrove too- about 4 years old and have been think about doing something with it but can never decide.

Was doing some trimming and also messed with the Royal blue LEDS

1015152030_zpsbehen6du.jpg

The camera doesn't like it :rolleyes:

1015152031_HDR2_zpseubdbeoc.jpg

1015152032_HDR_zpszd8mqr50.jpg

• Like 2

Gorgeous!

I notice you remove the sepals (are they called sepals?) that house the new leaves as part of a shoot. My mangroves regularly keep them till the shoot starts to bend and I manually remove them, is there any down/upside to this?

• Like 1