Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The lone Mangrove-New scape and mantis

Giga

hurry i need a fix!!!!

​o i was gonna ask you giga i wanna stick a few mangroves in my overflow box. you think they will grow?

I didn't get as much done last night as I wanted but I will be posting new pics tonight or tomorrow. The mangrove will grow for a bit using the energy stored within the seed pod. After that they may start to decline.

So totally following this, think my next tank will be a large shallow tank looking to have a lagoon type setup featuring a mangrove island. There are some seriously cool mangrove tanks on the go on this forum currently as well as prior master pieces by the likes of yourself.

Do it, i'll help anyway I can, if you need it! Thanks for the likes!

Welcome Back Giga. Made my night bro. I can't wait to see the mangrove scape.

Soon :happy: and thanks!

• Like 1

Do it, i'll help anyway I can, if you need it! Thanks for the likes!

Well a new tank probably won't happen till we move <_<

Up side I have 4 mangroves doing very well for themselves in my sump currently so when the new project starts I should have some well established mangroves to start it with :happy:

• Like 1

Well a new tank probably won't happen till we move <_<

Up side I have 4 mangroves doing very well for themselves in my sump currently so when the new project starts I should have some well established mangroves to start it with :happy:

Just remember that once mangrove seeds pods use up the energy stored in the pod they will need better lighting and condition to do well!

Also got this done last night-please excuse the mess, cell phone shot and the other big project going on above this one :ninja:

0923150712_zps0zox3ecy.jpg

• Like 3

I run a par 38 over my sump so plenty of light (they're loving it at the minute) and my waters pretty stable so fingers crossed they'll keep doing well.

Contrary to popular belief, that's actually not sufficient in the long run to get good compact growth. The will survive but not thrive, its one of the things I been pushing with mangroves in general is the difference from surviving and thriving.

Damm it now i own to large black mangrove trees, i got inspireret by this mangrovelessness.

Pics? I have black mangrove as well, nothing to right home about but I do have some.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

:)

Contrary to popular belief, that's actually not sufficient in the long run to get good compact growth. The will survive but not thrive, its one of the things I been pushing with mangroves in general is the difference from surviving and thriving.

Bugger really? Are any LEDs going to cut it? The 3 arrays I finished at the start of the year are way over kill for my current setup and I was intending them to go over the bigger system. Could I just add some other wave lengths to the array the mangroves will be under? My signature picture is the LED layout of my arrays, I have 3 of them, RB, NW, and 420nm TV around OCW clusters. Everything is 3w, the RB and NW are Cree, the TV say Cree but acording to the LED masters around here Cree don't produce LEDs in the violet wave lenghts?! Chinese knock offs probably, and the OCW are epistar diodes.

• Like 1

Bugger really? Are any LEDs going to cut it? The 3 arrays I finished at the start of the year are way over kill for my current setup and I was intending them to go over the bigger system. Could I just add some other wave lengths to the array the mangroves will be under? My signature picture is the LED layout of my arrays, I have 3 of them, RB, NW, and 420nm TV around OCW clusters. Everything is 3w, the RB and NW are Cree, the TV say Cree but acording to the LED masters around here Cree don't produce LEDs in the violet wave lenghts?! Chinese knock offs probably, and the OCW are epistar diodes.

not sure if you read my guide, but that should help some- but you want intense diffused light if that makes sense.Not so direct that you burn the leaves but very bright and directed- much like the sun is everywhere outside but not a pinpoint light stream.

I had mine under a Radion that was at 100% for about 9 hours a day, the puck was about 4 inches from the tallest leaf and due to the lack of diffused light they ended up just growing with the leaves pointing directly toward the LEDs, when I added a PAR38 LED directly over, eventually the newest leaves became curly and malformed from the lack of light.

You should aim for a good mix of intensity and spread/diffusion. You don't want one area of high intensity that's too close or they'll just grow toward it, from that LED layout if they're intense enough you'll want them a reasonable distance so the whole canopy is equally lit

My black mangrove lol i pay special transport on the so 80$ a pop. I have only 2

image.jpg4_zpsvjt6bg7u.jpg

not to bad!, I have some black mangroves too-much bigger but I may do something with them cool but haven't decided yet

what a tease :P

I know what can I say, anticipation is just as great as the end result, Right?! ;)

dat vero tho.

dat vero x 2 tho

Watching watching watching... :)

what a stalker......

Oh I think this tank might be better then the last cuz the same image is going in such a small display!

• Like 1

Why the Vero 18 and not the big boy 29? :D

I had these on hand, I'm not 100% satisfied with the light so I'll upgrade after Christmas or so

just like girls in high school ziiiiiiing

:|

• Like 1