Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The lone Mangrove-New scape and mantis

Giga

that's pretty cool, those are nice mangroves. Image those mangroves in a 24x12" frame-that is what this tank is,but mor dynamic. Also some of the information on that article is not correct but it's good that mangroves are getting attention!

Il be back in a year then!

it won't be that long I promise! I've already started converting it to SW. Not sure i'f I'll reveal now or once it's SW.

Following... Slides back into the background.

Seem to have another stalker -how's the room back there :happy:

Following for sure! And you are in Virginia Beach like me, please tell me where you shop at locally, Navy just moved me there about a year ago but I've been deployed for 8 months so I'm itching to check out some good LFS.

My favorite place is pet paradise off Virginia beach blv and independence by town center. Very mom and pop but they have everything and not just SW, I mean everything! Also they know who I am and help with whatever I need. There is fish safari of lyhnhaven and princess anne but they are pricy and kinda rude on occasion. Another is care-a-lots of diamond spring roads, but they are very petsmarty. They have a SW department and if you can get there when they get a shipment in they have softball colonies of sps for 40$ they don't know what they have which is a good thing.

• Like 2

little stuffy.. Your all out of Pringles though! And someone farted.

• Like 1

My favorite place is pet paradise off Virginia beach blv and independence by town center. Very mom and pop but they have everything and not just SW, I mean everything! Also they know who I am and help with whatever I need. There is fish safari of lyhnhaven and princess anne but they are pricy and kinda rude on occasion. Another is care-a-lots of diamond spring roads, but they are very petsmarty. They have a SW department and if you can get there when they get a shipment in they have softball colonies of sps for 40$ they don't know what they have which is a good thing.

I've passed by Pet Paradise being that it's right up the road from me but never went inside yet. I have been to Fish Safari and like you said they are hit or miss and a little pricy for my liking. I'll have to check out that first place when I get home. I heard there was a new place that opened up there, Aquariums Unlimited, they looked awesome from their web site and FB page. Not sure if you have checked them out at all yet.

• Like 1

little stuffy.. Your all out of Pringles though! And someone farted.

lol

I've passed by Pet Paradise being that it's right up the road from me but never went inside yet. I have been to Fish Safari and like you said they are hit or miss and a little pricy for my liking. I'll have to check out that first place when I get home. I heard there was a new place that opened up there, Aquariums Unlimited, they looked awesome from their web site and FB page. Not sure if you have checked them out at all yet.

hmm never heard of it, have to check it out

Forgot to mention, Care-A-Lot is the place I'm going through for my Deep Blue 80 Breeder I'm upgrading to when I get home. Can't wait to get that beast up and running.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

No banding whatsoever, mainly because the spectrum is there but the veros drown out the other colors, that you only get a nice crips image

Cool beans. Such is the power of the Veros :D

I'm still trying to convince myself that I DON'T need to change back to a DIY Vero setup when I take my Sunpower down for a slight upgrade in a few weeks. So far, I'm really not doing a great job, especially when I look back at this pic from my 80 that I just can't get the Nanobox arrays to match.

fts.gif

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, Care-A-Lot is the place I'm going through for my Deep Blue 80 Breeder I'm upgrading to when I get home. Can't wait to get that beast up and running.

There are two of them and the one that's on Indian river off exit 286b has a dead sps colonies but it does have two acro crabs in it! If my tank was SW now I'd get it just for the acro crabs. I love those guys!

Cool beans. Such is the power of the Veros :D

I'm still trying to convince myself that I DON'T need to change back to a DIY Vero setup when I take my Sunpower down for a slight upgrade in a few weeks. So far, I'm really not doing a great job, especially when I look back at this pic from my 80 that I just can't get the Nanobox arrays to match.

Yeah once I got the first vero's way back when even before they where vero (the big bridgelux) I've always been sold on them and will for a long time I think. THey have great spectrum on there own and the just look so damn good. I like shallow daylight looks so I'm sold :happy: I image I could make something that's fung shway but koodo's to Dave it's hard work making things look good and have good functionality. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna set up another small tank with something for sps down the road and vero's will be the winner again in this one.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Yeah once I got the first vero's way back when even before they where vero (the big bridgelux) I've always been sold on them and will for a long time I think. THey have great spectrum on there own and the just look so damn good. I like shallow daylight looks so I'm sold :happy: I image I could make something that's fung shway but koodo's to Dave it's hard work making things look good and have good functionality. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna set up another small tank with something for sps down the road and vero's will be the winner again in this one.

I'm with you on the shallow daylight look. Can't stand none of that overly blue shizz lol. I like the nanobox arrays, but I can't get that pure daylight look without also having tons of light, I would prefer to have the lime and white LEDs separate.

• Like 3

Really love the spectrum of your LED array; gorgeous color!

Thank you! It's even way better in person-my crappy camera isn't very good

I'm with you on the shallow daylight look. Can't stand none of that overly blue shizz lol. I like the nanobox arrays, but I can't get that pure daylight look without also having tons of light, I would prefer to have the lime and white LEDs separate.

Yeah that's what I have on this array and can tailor this to how I want it. For me the blue/RB is just to highlight color but not overpower the white, at least for me

I'll should do a video of the way it looks in 1080p

jedimasterben

Yeah that's what I have on this array and can tailor this to how I want it. For me the blue/RB is just to highlight color but not overpower the white, at least for me

I'll should do a video of the way it looks in 1080p

dooooo itttttt.

i may have just ordered a bunch of LEDs.

i may also have a problem lol

• Like 5

There are two of them and the one that's on Indian river off exit 286b has a dead sps colonies but it does have two acro crabs in it! If my tank was SW now I'd get it just for the acro crabs. I love those guys!

I'll have to check that out, I love when a large company sell a sweet piece of coral because they don't know what it is and you can get it for a steal. Got my Clownfish from Petco 2 years ago and the guy is still thriving, skunk shrimp as well and they had it marked as a feeder shrimp for $2. :)

• Like 1

dooooo itttttt.

i may have just ordered a bunch of LEDs.

i may also have a problem lol

Once the water clears I think I shall, and yes you have a problem.

and I think it's catching......

I'll have to check that out, I love when a large company sell a sweet piece of coral because they don't know what it is and you can get it for a steal. Got my Clownfish from Petco 2 years ago and the guy is still thriving, skunk shrimp as well and they had it marked as a feeder shrimp for $2. :)

Yeah, makes you feel jelly all over lol

• Like 3

hurry i might die.

Almost there i'll be taking more picture and a movie once I hit the next page

Also yesterday me and my daughter went to check out the new LFS and I was surprised what I saw

1010151130_zpsbuh6v4rk.jpg

1010151131_zpskjrujvyh.jpg

1010151132_zpskrfxkhnn.jpg

1010151132b_zps4iudvvdl.jpg

1010151132a_zpsheojud8c.jpg

• Like 8

Holy damn

Shit that's nice

Thats just a few shots, there were 2 more tanks that I could have fit my car in. There prices were good too, which was shocking, I thought they'd have vip prices. Between this place and the other LFS I'll never need to order anything again

• Like 4
jedimasterben

There seems to be two types of LFS - those that are small and shitty looking and have really high prices and those that are larger and extremely nice/clean/well-kept that don't need high prices to stay afloat, they can bring good value and sell more product overall.

• Like 2