Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The lone Mangrove-New scape and mantis

Giga

Just finished ordering and buy the last of the equipment, most lighting stuff. I should be able to have this up and running next week and lots of pictures to ensue.

• Like 1

I just had a thought... Are there any issues with mangrove roots penetrating the silicone in glass tanks? I've seen plant roots do some crazy stuff, so thought I should ask. I have an in-tank glass weir in this 17, so there are a lot more seams in the tank than usual.

• Like 1

I just had a thought... Are there any issues with mangrove roots penetrating the silicone in glass tanks? I've seen plant roots do some crazy stuff, so thought I should ask. I have an in-tank glass weir in this 17, so there are a lot more seams in the tank than usual.

There is always that possibility, but unlikely. It take a long time for this to happen and most tank are not set up long enough for it to happen. Trees are able to split granite to the power is there but mangroves grow slower then most so as long are you maintain the roots ever couple years you should be fine.

Lol "The one Mangrove to rule them all"

YES!

Oh yay, another Giga tank!!!

Thanks!! I'm pretty excited too :lol: Welcome to my thread :wub:

• Like 1

Last of the light stuff came in-I'm not putting as much effort into this light as I did the last tank, simply because I plan on upgrading to something better in the near future. Once this one is done I'll give the skinny as this is still full spectrum and pretty strong

1003151704_zpsontwlkn2.jpg

I think I promised something about mangroves, so I'll give a teaser

10031511312_zpsgirc8oir.jpg

• Like 6

2 weeks and that is all you have for us?

Hope this tank is a Master work or i May be a little disapointed after the long wait.

Well take you time and we just sit here like little dogs waiting for ther Master ;-)

• Like 1

2 weeks and that is all you have for us?

Hope this tank is a Master work or i May be a little disapointed after the long wait.

Well take you time and we just sit here like little dogs waiting for ther Master ;-)

I could exstend this one to as long as I did the last one. I think it was a year before it saw water. I think you'll like what's in store

In for pics!

Did you say pics?

10051522502_zpsqwnrwphc.jpg

Finished the light,at least, wirering it up. It has as follows:

Vero 18 5k X 2

Luxeon m RB

Violet 420 X 2

Luxeon es red/blue/lime X 2

There will be more but that's for later

Here the color you get when mix right, looks like the sun in the shallows

100615115422_zpsoe6f8ugf.jpg

• Like 9
jedimasterben

Is it bad that even with eight of the newest Nanobox arrays I still miss my Vero setup? :lol:

Do you get a lot of color banding from the diodes being so far away?

• Like 1

Is it bad that even with eight of the newest Nanobox arrays I still miss my Vero setup? :lol:

Do you get a lot of color banding from the diodes being so far away?

No banding whatsoever, mainly because the spectrum is there but the veros drown out the other colors, that you only get a nice crips image

• Like 1

I've always been jealous of your DIY LED setups, and their closeness to actual sunlight. I'm pretty stoked for this build, please don't take it down prematurely. I'll even start a gofundme page if necessary!

• Like 2

DAYUMMMMMM! Dunno how I missed the start of this one Giga. *Creeps in and watches intently*

Creep away!

Yey, he's back! watching intently!

I could never stay away from real, most of us have salt water for blood. :)

I've always been jealous of your DIY LED setups, and their closeness to actual sunlight. I'm pretty stoked for this build, please don't take it down prematurely. I'll even start a gofundme page if necessary!

This one is in it for the long haul. Its all about those veros and haveing control of every color for mixing. Thank you for you support, means a lot!

Looking great! If you need something that you want to control you fans and five channel holler at me!

-Dave

Show me your wares!

• Like 1

Following for sure! And you are in Virginia Beach like me, please tell me where you shop at locally, Navy just moved me there about a year ago but I've been deployed for 8 months so I'm itching to check out some good LFS.

• Like 1